Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 31
02-26-2013, 12:59 PM
I do believe there's already a popular keybind that autofires anything in bar #6.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Captain
# 32
02-26-2013, 01:26 PM
Auto distribute could hurt you in many situations. If you get shot from the left and turn to shoot back with DHCs auto-redistribution would be stealing from Peter (front facing) to pay Paul (left facing). So just like weapons, where binding cannons and turrets separately is a micro management tool of the savvy vet, leaving it off and working the facings yourself will still probably yield greater returns, but of course that is dependent upon your situational awareness.

It would hurt torps on autofire, I think, but I also think:

1) you can put quantums through even TT if you time it right (watch Thissler's vids, even I've pulled it off it a couple of times) and the current redistribution speed is still going to leave a gap such that a BO hit right before a volley lands is still going to result in torps on hull.

2) torps and shields are overdue for a pass anyway, at a minimum a sliver of un-hardened facing shouldn't offer the same protection as a full facing with high resists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
I have distro bound to each WASD key and Spacebar, what would be different from that?
Don't you lose activations? Or is this a connection speed issue on my side?

Edit: One more thing, if we get auto redistribute, would anybody want the option to auto distribute to a facing? Like, autofire your front facing and it will always get priority.

Last edited by redricky; 02-26-2013 at 01:29 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 33
02-26-2013, 01:39 PM
the individual faceing distributes have a much longer active duration than distribute all. distribute all should have that same long duration, then i wouldn't have to spam a bind so often. an auto distribute all the time would be a bit to casualizeing i think
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 34
02-26-2013, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
But if you do it manually, there is still room for human error, either from pvp stress situation or simply ****up.
I don't do it manually.

It's bound to 7 different keys.

W, S, A, D, Throttle Up, Throttle Down, Space Bar

There is zero chance for error.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redricky View Post
Don't you lose activations? Or is this a connection speed issue on my side?
I don't lose activations with distribute, that's only happened when I've experimented with multi-power binding.

Captain
# 35
02-26-2013, 07:29 PM
If you have auto fire for weapons their is no reason not to have it for shield distribution.

My spacebar sure would appreciate it.
STO's F2P is basically an inferior experience for the masses at no cost being subsidized by a handful of whales seeking whatever it is that motivates them to spend hundreds if not thousands on a game.
Career Officer
# 36
02-26-2013, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareel View Post

My spacebar sure would appreciate it.
It was less the spacebar and more my thumb I was originally trying to save when I keybound it to WASD, Throttle Up, Throttle Down.

However it worked out so well in that I never actually have to consider distributing them.

Career Officer
# 37
02-26-2013, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
More 'easy mode' ? Really ?
How is this any more easy mode than binding distribute to space bar? It isn't. All this does is give the same "easy mode" functionality to players who are too inexperienced or stupid to exploit it the way we do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
I don't see this one helping anyone....

If all that is getting them killed is not the in game auto distribution... then forcing them to have isn't going to save them.
It's certainly not going to hurt them. Not to mention that PvE care bears who don't balance their shields are one of the most frustrating things for a healer -- you either need to waste far too many heals to keep them up, or they just suck and die anyway while being a massive drain on a team's resources. Auto distribute means that it's far harder for one or two terrible players to sink a team, and that's a good thing.

Last edited by hurleybird; 02-26-2013 at 08:11 PM.
Captain
# 38
02-26-2013, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
It's certainly not going to hurt them. Not to mention that PvE care bears who don't balance their shields are one of the most frustrating things for a healer -- you either need to waste far too many heals to keep them up, or they just suck and die anyway while being a massive drain on a team's resources. Auto distribute means that it's far harder for one or two terrible players to sink a team, and that's a good thing.
I agree that shield disro should have an auto toggle... I just really don't see this helping you or anyone else playing healer. It will just mask the really bad... at least now you can see who is not worth trying to heal. lol
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Career Officer
# 39
02-26-2013, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
I agree that shield disro should have an auto toggle... I just really don't see this helping you or anyone else playing healer. It will just mask the really bad... at least now you can see who is not worth trying to heal. lol
When I'm healing my goal is to shut out the other team from getting any kills.
Captain
# 40
02-26-2013, 09:35 PM
I think that depends on whether you're talking PvP or PvE: In PvP, hurley is right: Any kill by the other side counts against your team, regardless of whether they're just bashing the noob. PvE, however, some guys just aren't worth saving: They don't put out enough damage to make them worth keeping alive, and there are simply better players you could try to keep alive at lower cost instead. Some guys are even so bad that they are a hindrance to their team and they're better off dead. TBR abusers, this means you!