Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Empire Veteran
# 21
02-26-2013, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
Did you smoke something illegal? There are no plans for more KDF missions. Just the tutorial and that's it.

In my Stahl-English dictionnary, it means:

- we'll get substandard missions. Kill 5/5. Brag about your kills at the end because you're supposed to be a Klingon warrior. It will feel like doing the Tau Dewa Patrol. For real.
- they've discussed it. A lot. Because they love discussing about stuff, more stuff, and eventually what could be done for the KDF. They have glorious, epic plans. But in no way it is added to the schedule and turned into something playable.
They said they would do that for 3 years and I am sure they will bail/dissapoint/surpise us and take us down again later. If I dont get a new tutorial OR new missions OR lvl 1-50 soon... I wont be able to stand it
R'tolves Will Spread Thier Peace and Will Prevail Over the Hostiles Who Dare Hurt Such A Isolationist Consitutional Monarchy!

Commander
# 22
02-26-2013, 07:38 PM
Quote:
We'll get:

1 butt-fugly nigh useless battlecruiser,
1 Temporal Ambassador-ish mission and,
an extended (aka painfully and mercilessly drawn out fun murdering) tutorial which will be basically the same but now are spaced 2 lvls apart with XP reduced to half.
i'll be shocked if we get even close to that. sad but true

Quote:
And yet players on these forums keep begging Cryptic to make a Romulan Faction. Look at how incapable they are with the KDF.

To do that to the Romulans as well? It's just going to make more people angry and/or annoyed.
indeed. and the fact is if they have the time and resources to develop a romulan faction then they certainly have the resources to finish what they already started (and told us over and over and over again they would do BEFORE even considering adding a romulan faction) - the KDF faction. Otherwise they will end up dumping a crappy romulan faction in and then stretching what little resources they have playing catch up for the rest of the games life

this proves beyond any doubt whatsoever what kind of priorities these people really have. it shows that nothing they say is trustworthy by any stretch of the term. adding a romulan faction in the games current state isn't even a rational thing to do. common sense says you finish what you started or you're just going to end up playing catch up with 3 nowhere near on par with eachother factions. its bad design, its foolish and goes against common sense and reason and more than anything it shows the bizarre mentality that has infected the developers. If there is indeed a romulan faction coming it proves beyond doubt that we've been lied to and that nothing cryptic says can be anything close to being trustworthy. its as simple as that. I repeat - if they can add a romulan faction then it is in their power to have finished the KDF - which is exactly what they have claimed, and never waivered from, since this game started. So why wouldn't they finish it first? 'we can't afford to' or 'it won't make money' or 'we don't have the resources' aren't valid excuses, if they can do a romulan faction

that being said, no rational person would do business with a company that encourages such decisions and behavior. There is nothing to gain from their point of view, by screwing two factions by doing this now, all they'll do is end up pissing a large portion of the players off and wrecking their already poor ability to provide content.

Quote:
Cryptic / PWE isn't stupid
thats debatable, and thats not a stab. look at some of the things they've done. and if they are indeed adding a romulan faction, then I am forced to question both their understanding of how to run a business and how to run a game. its not something a smart person would do at this point

Quote:
S7 brought in a wave of new and returning players
and saw them leave just as quickly. just like every season

Quote:
and its surely no coincidence that S8 launch coincides with the release of Star Trek Into Darkness
actually it probably is considering its still on par with the timetable for the release of other seasons

Quote:
and a lot of them will want to play the Klingons. And they will want to play the Klingons immediately.
they have known this since day one and didn't do anything about finishing the faction

Quote:
A new tutorial is a much bigger investment than porting missions from Fed-side where all the artwork and assets are already there and you just need to tweek some dialogue
a new tutorial is a waste of time for the KDF unless there are significant additions. why make a tutorial for a tiny faction with less than 10 missions?

Quote:
It makes no sense to go to the trouble of making a new tutorial if they aren't going to deliver more.
correct. but remember this is cryptic we are talking about. it wouldn't be the first time they did something that didn't make sense. adding a romulan faction doesn't make sense either
Captain
# 23
02-26-2013, 08:05 PM
As if the present tutorial wasn't bad enough, now it's going to get worse. We've already had to suffer through the extended tutorial that is levels 1 through 25 on the Fed side. We don't need more tutorials! Remember when we could just completely IGNORE the pointless tutorial and get on with the Fed-killing? Remember when they made it REQUIRED suddenly? Now every new Klingon toon created has to go through another 30 minutes of pointless aggravation. You want MORE of this? Are you out of your minds?
Captain
# 24
02-26-2013, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
As if the present tutorial wasn't bad enough, now it's going to get worse. We've already had to suffer through the extended tutorial that is levels 1 through 25 on the Fed side. We don't need more tutorials! Remember when we could just completely IGNORE the pointless tutorial and get on with the Fed-killing? Remember when they made it REQUIRED suddenly? Now every new Klingon toon created has to go through another 30 minutes of pointless aggravation. You want MORE of this? Are you out of your minds?
There's so much truth in this. Which is why I'm so glad I finally got off my ass and started getting all my dil mules into leveling speed.

I'm not rolling any more KDF, and once they 'complete' the faction they'd nerf the lovely Marauding doff missions to oblivion and I'll stop playing KDF ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Rihannsu
# 25
02-26-2013, 09:51 PM
Federation: 50+ Unique Missions.
Klingon Defense Force: 9 Unique missions.

We aren't half a faction. We are 1/4th of a faction. Until these Unique Mission Numbers can be MATCHED. ships, uniforms and other junk can be released Weekly. we are just another wannabe faction with inalienable rights. That's funny. Inalienable rights. Nobody discusses Inhuman rights. /STVI.
Captain
# 26
02-26-2013, 10:10 PM
Unique Fed Missions worth playing: 1-2. Project Nightingale gives decent cannons, that Phased Tetryon Mission might be useful.
Unique KDF Missions worth playing: 2. The first mission gives a nice purple Fire Team X kit, one of the best tac kits available. But only once. The Feklhri mission gives some passable consoles. We used to have a third, but they killed it.

Conclusion: KDF missions > Fed missions: They generate a whole lot less SPAM in your available/in progress lists of **** you'll never do because they're a waste of time.

I would sooner have ships that I can use for real end-game content than crappy missions with crappy loot that I neither need nor want. Fed is full of that fluff. It clogs my displays with garbage I will never do unless I am really, really bored beyond belief.
Captain
# 27
02-27-2013, 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sander233 View Post
It makes no sense to go to the trouble of making a new tutorial if they aren't going to deliver more.
Any time you assume a company (any company not just Cryptic) will act logically you are making an unsound assumption.

Logic is not a corporate value. Logic supposes not just a perception of the long-term effects, but also an understanding of them and a value system that weights them higher than short-term profits.

Never gonna happen. If it does, then check the thermostat in hell.
Career Officer
# 28
02-27-2013, 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawks3052 View Post
Actually what I expected, so I can't be disappointed. Big words by Stahl but little real efforts.

Looks like The Romulan fans are the real winners of May.
Speculation - we have had NO confirmation that the Romulan faction will be introduced in May, and passing assumption off as fact helps no-one.
Personal T6 Ship Wishlist:

Nova/Rhode Island class with Hybrid Pilot BOFF seat.

That is all. (guess this wasn't really a 'list' after all!)
Empire Veteran
# 29
02-27-2013, 03:53 AM
let's wait till May...but do we really need a tutorial?
You are not a true warrior if you need a tutorial. You are an embarrassment, an utter failure and you bring dishonor to the Empire. A true warrior knows how to command and fly a ship since the day he is born.
Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

Commander
# 30
02-27-2013, 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
From the interview posted today with Mr Stahl it looks like the KDF will get a new tutorial in May, plus a couple Fed missions re-worked for the KDF.

Is this what is expected?
If you're refering to the Digibytes interview, I think you have read too much into what he's said.

"DSTAHL: It is still on our to-do list, but there is no estimate to when these missions will be converted. For now, the only KDF content we?re discussing is the upcoming revamp of the Klingon tutorial."

The "re-worked missions" are on the ToDo and NOT on the release schedule, so no delivery date. Probably not even a scoping document detailing which missions are to be re-worked.

And they are discussing the tutorial revamp / rework. No mention of a May delivery here. And most importantly, he says that this is the limit of the KDF content at the moment. Assuming that he means "story content" rather than any content (ship, costumes, etc), I take that to mean zero KDF only story content in the May release. It will be "dual faction" missions like "Temporal Ambassador" or expanded "adventure zones".