Ensign
# 1 Fleet Ship Question
02-26-2013, 11:49 PM
Hi. I am looking to get my first fleet ship and I noticed that there is supposed to be a discount if I already own a tier 5 variant from the C-store. I do own a tier 5 exploration cruiser (Galaxy Class) retrofit from the C-store. However, when I look up the requirement for the Fleet variant of that ship it still says I need four fleet modules. I thought it was supposed to be one fleet module. Is this an error and should I send in a bug report?
Captain
# 2
02-27-2013, 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutiketgotc View Post
Hi. I am looking to get my first fleet ship and I noticed that there is supposed to be a discount if I already own a tier 5 variant from the C-store. I do own a tier 5 exploration cruiser (Galaxy Class) retrofit from the C-store. However, when I look up the requirement for the Fleet variant of that ship it still says I need four fleet modules. I thought it was supposed to be one fleet module. Is this an error and should I send in a bug report?
Did you get the Exploration Cruiser Retrofit with ZEN or with the VA-ship token? If you got it with the ship token, you technically do not own the ship and will need to pay full price for the corresponding fleet ship.
Lieutenant
# 3
02-27-2013, 10:14 AM
The Galaxy has not aged well with the game and is unfortunately subpar compared to the other cruisers. I'd recommend the fleet assault cruiser retrofit, the fleet excelsior or the fleet ambassador ships as replacements.
Captain
# 4
02-27-2013, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeusima View Post
The Galaxy has not aged well with the game and is unfortunately subpar compared to the other cruisers. I'd recommend the fleet assault cruiser retrofit, the fleet excelsior or the fleet ambassador ships as replacements.

True but the galaxy is not the newest ship.Tou not "balanced" galaxy should be worse cruiser than the newer <insert what ship is next after> ,i mean you would not build a new ship if the old galaxy is eqully good .

Ive seen few pretty decent builds in pvp forums.
Captain
# 5
02-27-2013, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianm63 View Post
True but the galaxy is not the newest ship.Tou not "balanced" galaxy should be worse cruiser than the newer <insert what ship is next after> ,i mean you would not build a new ship if the old galaxy is eqully good .

Ive seen few pretty decent builds in pvp forums.
Considering the Galaxy is (in STO) inferior to the two ship classes it was designed to replace, your canon argument fails.
Captain
# 6
02-27-2013, 03:49 PM
The Fleet Galaxy is the best tank the feds have. It's also the worst ship overall at the fleet level (other than the Aquarius) for the current game meta. It has little to no tactical ability, and it's insane amount of tank is just completely unnecessary. It's a great ship for what it was designed to do. The only problem here being that what it was designed to do is not only inefficient, but also unneeded.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder. <--- DR proved me wrong!