Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Rihannsu
The KDF will never be a full faction until the KDF have 50+ Unique Storyline missions to match up to federation. I'm not talking about Copypasta. I'm talking about stories relating to each species in the KDF now. House Rivalries. more attacks by the Fagerie. Breen having the balls to enter Klingon space. ANYTHING. From what I have heart Christine Thompson who is Kestral of the writing team of Star trek online has enough mission content storylines that are able to match up to the feds and able to keep them going. Don't get me started on Uniforms because Feds are like barbies right now while KDF can be like G.I. Joes in their uniform abilities. There are tons of Canon uniforms for the KDF that are missing or don't exist in this game. I suggest the developers beg This Guy to open that stuff up from the franchise he holds in his hands. because without this guy. the KDF probably wouldn't have had any missions.
Captain
# 2
02-26-2013, 11:14 PM
It is FINE AS IT IS. The number of missions you'd actually do can generally be counted on the fingers of no hands. If anything, I have come to absolutely loathe the Fed missions because you're required to do them as an obnoxiously extended tutorial. You get nothing for them. They just force you to do them because you can't play the rest of the game without them. At least in KDF, the pain is short, and technically if you play your cards right, you can get on with your doffing before you ever have to do any of that nonsense. In Fed? 7 levels of painfully extended tutorial for lame MK II garbage rewards. Followed by 13 more levels of dry, tasteless pabulum before you get to the same place that as a Klingon, you can START.
Rihannsu
# 3
02-26-2013, 11:45 PM
Well the KDF are missing a lot of useful stuff feds have exclusively. Overcharged Plasma Sniper Rifle, Personal Covariant Shield, Phased Tetryon, Flux Chroniton. those are what come to mind right now.
Captain
# 4
02-26-2013, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
<etc>
Seconded. Starting a new KDF alt takes an hour to put everything together and run the first mission so you can call the freighter, and then you hit Mirror Events and get on with it all. Starting a new Fed alt eats an evening. The level 1-20 stuff is interesting twice: once for the first runthrough, again to pick up on the details you missed the first time through. After that, I just want to interrupt B'vat's monologues with 'would you quit twirling your moustache and get on with it?' And the missions themselves are all pretty similar and just slogging through ground maps. I don't understand why some people desire to subject the KDF to that when they get to just drop into actual playing.
Rihannsu
# 5
02-27-2013, 12:08 AM
You're ignoring my points...
Career Officer
# 6
02-27-2013, 12:32 AM
You know, some of us actually like the storyline, and enjoy the challenge that comes with being a low-level player in a low-level ship.

I never understood people who powerlevel past all the interseting content a game has to offer to get the "endgame" and settle into a grind for currency and/or shinier toys. And in this game, it's way too easy to do just that.

If I could change one thing about this game, it would be to reduce the skill points awarded by all missions by 80%.

If I could change two things about this game, the second thing I would do would be to release 40 unique storyline missions for the KDF.

And the third thing would be to unlock KDF at level one to new players without needing to go through the Federation first.

"The Snowmenz Are Coming! The Snowmenz Are Coming!!"

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics
Rihannsu
# 7
02-27-2013, 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sander233 View Post
You know, some of us actually like the storyline, and enjoy the challenge that comes with being a low-level player in a low-level ship.

I never understood people who powerlevel past all the interseting content a game has to offer to get the "endgame" and settle into a grind for currency and/or shinier toys. And in this game, it's way too easy to do just that.

If I could change one thing about this game, it would be to reduce the skill points awarded by all missions by 80%.

If I could change two things about this game, the second thing I would do would be to release 40 unique storyline missions for the KDF.

And the third thing would be to unlock KDF at level one to new players without needing to go through the Federation first.
Please Apply to Cryptic now.
Career Officer
# 8
02-27-2013, 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbmoney View Post
Please Apply to Cryptic now.

Unfortunately I like my current job too much. And I only know enough about programming to know I can't do it.

BTW, doffingcomrade, reginamala and others who do want to blow through the episode missions, there's a "Skip" button.

"The Snowmenz Are Coming! The Snowmenz Are Coming!!"

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics
Empire Veteran
# 9
02-27-2013, 08:21 AM
Too late in the game for that
Captain
# 10
02-27-2013, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
once for the first runthrough,
The idea here for a complete faction is to have the KDF be available without ever touching a Fed toon. So level 1. To BRAND NEW players.

So the idea here is to have the KDF be interesting for people during their first runthrough. Where they need those storylines to follow.