Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,795
# 611
02-27-2013, 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse2001 View Post
the main thing to remember is your weapons have to have AT LEAST 10% accuracy (20% would be better) and CrtD of +20 and at least 4% CrtH (critical chance).
If your weapons have any amount of the latter two, but no accuracy, they are useless. Because what's the point of being able to do critical damage if you can't hit your target?
I hate to be annoying (at least to you guys ), but i wanted to know what energy weapon type dontdrunkimshoot had in mind for his "2 AtB galaxy R" build.
Since there are "only" 4 cannons fore and 4 turrets aft, and so few tac consoles i want to have as many useful effects as possible.

I have been thinking about plasma, but since it cannot utilize the "Romulan Singularity Harness" to get the additional 7.6% plasma Damage, and i am not sure if plasma weapons get the additional bonus from romulan "Threat-Scaling Science Consoles", because i have read that they only deliver 2.5% chance for a Plasma DoT effect when using non-Plasma energy weapons. Still the Plasma proc is tempting IMO.

The only thing i would do different would be to use 2 parts of the "Omega Adapted Borg Technology Set" which would be "Cutting beam" in the rear + the Borg console. To get "Omega Weapon Amplifier" effect once in a while.

Since the Galaxy -R isn't capable of using DC or DHC it will naturally not do as much as much damage as comparable Klingon ship (or ANY other ship) by far. So what would be the logical choice for such an underpowered ship?

Is there a way i momentarily don't see to utilize its Engineering + Science Consoles to tease out some more offensive power?

It's a shame one has to ask such questions in connection with a Galaxy Class.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 376
# 612 engineer Dora
02-27-2013, 02:45 AM
The best D'kora build I could design for my engineer is the following one.

It uses no tactical team, and expensive doffs doubling only ensign abilities, but: sci team. This because with sci team, no aux power is needed. So in that way also the drain/recover issue with AtoB builds is avoided. My experience is that an engineer does not need TT if ST is available every 15 seconds.

To do some descent damage as an engineer, I use tet-glider (engineer has to use everything at his disposal...) combined with BO, HY and CFR.

I guess this build can also be used by tac's and sci's.


Front: 2x DHC, 1x DBB, 1x (quant) torp
Back: 4x turret

Full omega set (also for the gravity anchor)

Eng consoles: Borg, tachyokinetic converter, neutronium alloy, D'kora battle mode 3000
Sci consoles: Flow cap, shield emitter, field gen
tac consoles: 3x tetryon pulse generator

HY1
BO1,CFR1,APO1

EptE1, AtoB1, ES2 or RSP2, DEM3 or EPW3
EptS1, AtoB1

HE1, ST2

Doffs: 3x technician, DEMdoff marion, BFI or torpedo doff

Last edited by rudiefix1; 02-27-2013 at 01:36 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 793
# 613
02-27-2013, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yreodred View Post
I hate to be annoying (at least to you guys ), but i wanted to know what energy weapon type dontdrunkimshoot had in mind for his "2 AtB galaxy R" build.
Since there are "only" 4 cannons fore and 4 turrets aft, and so few tac consoles i want to have as many useful effects as possible.

I have been thinking about plasma, but since it cannot utilize the "Romulan Singularity Harness" to get the additional 7.6% plasma Damage, and i am not sure if plasma weapons get the additional bonus from romulan "Threat-Scaling Science Consoles", because i have read that they only deliver 2.5% chance for a Plasma DoT effect when using non-Plasma energy weapons. Still the Plasma proc is tempting IMO.

The only thing i would do different would be to use 2 parts of the "Omega Adapted Borg Technology Set" which would be "Cutting beam" in the rear + the Borg console. To get "Omega Weapon Amplifier" effect once in a while.

Since the Galaxy -R isn't capable of using DC or DHC it will naturally not do as much as much damage as comparable Klingon ship (or ANY other ship) by far. So what would be the logical choice for such an underpowered ship?

Is there a way i momentarily don't see to utilize its Engineering + Science Consoles to tease out some more offensive power?

It's a shame one has to ask such questions in connection with a Galaxy Class.
yes, mixed equipment is always a good idea. Depending on your class, and whether or not you want to tank with the ship, use either (if science) Omega shield, borg engine and, deflector. If you are an engineer, use M.A.C.O. shield and two borg equipment. Or, M.A.C.O shield and deflector and borg engine. (Personally on the lower class galaxy, as with my Intrepid i use full Aegis set, nut i digress...).

Tell you what, send me a mail to @apocalypse2001, and let me know the following: what class you are, at what level your reputation is with Romulan and Omega, and what level your embassy is at for Science, and I'll create a viable build for you.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,671
# 614
02-27-2013, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yreodred View Post
I hate to be annoying (at least to you guys ), but i wanted to know what energy weapon type dontdrunkimshoot had in mind for his "2 AtB galaxy R" build.
Since there are "only" 4 cannons fore and 4 turrets aft, and so few tac consoles i want to have as many useful effects as possible.

I have been thinking about plasma, but since it cannot utilize the "Romulan Singularity Harness" to get the additional 7.6% plasma Damage, and i am not sure if plasma weapons get the additional bonus from romulan "Threat-Scaling Science Consoles", because i have read that they only deliver 2.5% chance for a Plasma DoT effect when using non-Plasma energy weapons. Still the Plasma proc is tempting IMO.

The only thing i would do different would be to use 2 parts of the "Omega Adapted Borg Technology Set" which would be "Cutting beam" in the rear + the Borg console. To get "Omega Weapon Amplifier" effect once in a while.

Since the Galaxy -R isn't capable of using DC or DHC it will naturally not do as much as much damage as comparable Klingon ship (or ANY other ship) by far. So what would be the logical choice for such an underpowered ship?

Is there a way i momentarily don't see to utilize its Engineering + Science Consoles to tease out some more offensive power?

It's a shame one has to ask such questions in connection with a Galaxy Class.
well, phasers are an old favorite, and i just like using them on fed ships for RPer like reasons. to get the most out of DEM though, disruptor. to get the most out of tet glider, tetyron. ether hybrid would work well too. this ship isn't likely to be hitting hull directly through a down facing, so the cutting beam is of little use. that goes for anything not using DHCs really.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,671
# 615
02-27-2013, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudiefix1 View Post
HY1
BO1,CFR1,APO1

EptE1, AtoB1, ES2 or RSP2, DEM3 or EPW3
EptS1, AtoB1

HE1, ST2

Doffs: 2x dmg engineer(EptX cooldown), 2xlab scientist (ST cooldown), DEMdoff marion
running AtB but using damage control?
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,795
# 616
02-27-2013, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse2001 View Post
yes, mixed equipment is always a good idea. Depending on your class, and whether or not you want to tank with the ship, use either (if science) Omega shield, borg engine and, deflector. If you are an engineer, use M.A.C.O. shield and two borg equipment. Or, M.A.C.O shield and deflector and borg engine. (Personally on the lower class galaxy, as with my Intrepid i use full Aegis set, nut i digress...).

Tell you what, send me a mail to @apocalypse2001, and let me know the following: what class you are, at what level your reputation is with Romulan and Omega, and what level your embassy is at for Science, and I'll create a viable build for you.
Oh that's very nice, but you don't have to do that, i know that's a lot of work.

I'm just a crazy guy trying to outgun some Escorts with his Galaxy Class.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
well, phasers are an old favorite, and i just like using them on fed ships for RPer like reasons. to get the most out of DEM though, disruptor. to get the most out of tet glider, tetyron. ether hybrid would work well too. this ship isn't likely to be hitting hull directly through a down facing, so the cutting beam is of little use. that goes for anything not using DHCs really.
True, using the Cutting Beam on that ship won't be any good.
And no "Omega Weapon Amplifier", i think i can live with that, since most of the time weapon power is at 100 - 125 and more (i think).
Since i won't be able to smash enemies shields anyway i think i switch to Disruptor cannons+turrets. Combined with Romulan Mk X Plasma Infused Consoles i hope they will do a good amount of bleedthrough damage.

Thanks guys
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 376
# 617
02-27-2013, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
running AtB but using damage control?
good you noticed. technicians of course.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,192
# 618
02-28-2013, 12:22 AM
Steamrunner is one of the few escorts that has base hull regen higher than others (it's same like sci ships 3% base instead of the regular 2,5%), and my tac captain is human, so what the hell, I thought why not try passive heal escort, especially when steammy lacks science stations. So I ported my ultra hull regen cruiser build to it, and well, it's really fun and tough like hell.

Obviously, I'm evil bastard, so I'm using subsystem engines III to pin the enemy down. Otherwise is probably pretty standard A2B build.

----

2x DHC, 1x Beam, 1x torpedo
2x turret, 1x mines

TT1,DPB1,CRF2,APO1
BO1,THY2,TSE3

EPTA1,A2B1
EPTS1,A2B1

HE1

1x turn console, 1x SIF console, 1x neutrinum console, 1x Phaser Point Defence console (or anything really)
2x Shield regen console
4x energy type console (phaser)

All borg set (will replace shields with elite fleet regen ones)

2x maintanance doffs (those that proc +SIF/Emmiters)
3x technician
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,671
# 619
02-28-2013, 11:49 AM
ive been thinking about a 2 AtB steam runner too, for the lulz. might work alright in a pugmade with good healer coverage. it would be very versatile, have alpha strike and aoe capabilities at the same time, no need to swap boffs mid battle. would be a terror to a carrier team


TT1, APD1, CRF2, APO3
TS1, CSV1, THY3

EPtS1, AtB1
EPtA1, AtB1

HE1
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,795
# 620
02-28-2013, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse2001 View Post
the main thing to remember is your weapons have to have AT LEAST 10% accuracy (20% would be better) and CrtD of +20 and at least 4% CrtH (critical chance).
If your weapons have any amount of the latter two, but no accuracy, they are useless. Because what's the point of being able to do critical damage if you can't hit your target?
So Advanced Fleet Weapons are out of question, or does their very high additional (dmg)x3 serve as a compensation?
Especially when shooting a longer time at a specific target does (acc)+(dmg)x3 more damage than (acc)x3 (plus the resulting criticals) for example?

I'm sorry to annoy you guys but i would hate to waste a huge amout of dilithium or EC, since i don't have much of both.
(well who does? lol)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:45 PM.