Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Ensign
# 11
02-26-2013, 12:48 PM
I just decided not to play Cap and Hold matches anymore.

1 - the matches are too long. 30-60 minutes is common for a single match

2 - Fed players are morons. I'm a fed and every time I play we lose. Last night we lost a game which was 1200 - 143 in our favor. My partners were fools. 0-6 in cap and hold games since returning last night.

3 - Spawn camping - This needs to be done away with in both Cap and Hold AND Arena matches. Spawning inside a warp cloud surrounded by aceton sats is so unbelievably gay that it makes me want to tear my hair out.
Captain
# 12
02-26-2013, 01:05 PM
heh, I felt that way the other day in an arena match when a Fed cruiser kept me tractored in his chain tractor beam/ tractor mines/ gravatic anchor (IIRC) while 3 of his JHAS buddies tore me a new one.

I think I'm over it now.

Give it a few days
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Rihannsu
# 13
02-26-2013, 08:38 PM
So, right now, we have two ideas in the thread:
  • Skill matching: Let the game somehow assihna skill level to your player or character and put people in matches who are of equivalent level.
  • Separate Team Queue from PUG queue: Teams can only queue up in a team queue, single players can only quee up in a single player queue that throws teams together.

I think both of these things combined might actually solve most of the issues with PvP.

But how could you make skill matching work? I would say, by going not by victories, but by scores. So what you have healed, what you have dished out, how much movement you have impaired, how much damage resistance negated for how long (and how much additional damage your team could get out of it), etc... of course, for this, the game would have to be able to keep track of these things.

Honestly, looking at this... it might just really be all we need.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
Empire Veteran
# 14
02-26-2013, 09:06 PM
create a seperate que with no lockbox c-store or lobi ships or gear and give everyone a pvp only ship where they have acess to only generic gear so no one has a huge p2w advantage
like in the current system also all teams must be random no premades
Captain
# 15
02-26-2013, 09:10 PM
I posted this in another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
One could say the game's already overdue for some sort of PvP Rating System. Not a Ranking System - but a Rating System.

You take the fresh 50 in his RA ship with a hodgepodge of gear.
You take the other 50 in his Fleet ship, both T5, mix of Mk XII and Elite Fleet gear, Universal Consoles, etc, etc, etc.

Those guys really shouldn't be fighting each other. Sure, life sucks and that stuff happens - but it's a game. It's entertainment. It's not life. People play games to get away from that stuff.

With the talk about things sitting at T5 ships but the gear getting better as time goes along... in a few years that fresh 50 (maybe a fresh 60) in his RA ship could be fighting folks in their massively retrofitted Fleet Ships with Mk XXX gear. They're both sporting T5 ships though... /cough

If gear, rep levels, etc, etc, etc had a point level - then the cumulative value of those points could give a Rating...as far as queues go. In Ker'rat and other such areas, yeah... hopefully the fresh 50's a KDF looking to complete his Die25, eh?

The gear gap is only going to grow and grow as time goes on...and personally, I think such a Rating system is already overdue. With such a system in place, one could easily envision multiple levels of PvP Rep Ranking based on the divides from that PvP Rating.

It's just kind of funny - in thinking about my #1 toon and my #6 toon. The #1 guy is sporting that mix of VR Mk XI/XII gear, has various set bonuses, and is T5 in both New Rom/Omega. The #6 guy is sporting that mix of...Green Mk X through Blue Mk XI gear, no sets, and isn't even T1 in either New Rom/Omega. Both are in T5 ships though, eh? That gear discrepancy is only going to get worse as time goes on...
And I honestly do think it's overdue in the game as is...
And I honestly think it's only going to look more overdue as time goes on...
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Rihannsu
# 16
02-27-2013, 01:15 AM
I've updated post #1 with the ideas found until now. I don't know if more are actaully needed, but if you think they are, keep them coming.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
Rihannsu
# 17
02-27-2013, 01:54 AM
For better match making, based on some form of tracking stats, we need nech tech. This tech has long been promised but not made it into game.

We currently have a superfluous career in space. Before we can meaningfully address balance concerns, we need to make sure that the trinity is either working or abandoned all together.

The ball is on cryptic's side. Everything else is eye candy, or making the problem even worse, because the accumulated affect of "fixes" makes the game less stable and harder to balance.
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-27-2013, 03:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naz4 View Post
Ever considered why its an ass whoopin when you enter arenas?
The pve game is so mindless in terms of AI that it misleads people into believing they are good. This mental state of mind is taken to the queues for the first time and then smashed to bits. To preserve whatever is left after that, they never enter queues again.
1 simple thing would improve the state of play for all newcomers overnight. Make distribute shields a standard feature which is always on and does not have to be activaed. This in itself would reduce the insta pop face role pattern.

Balance is another issue altogeter. As the devs have confirmed themselves, balancing on 1v1 is not possible. I fully agree with this.
Question has to be what are you balancing against? What is the benchmark? If this isnt defined, the question is pointless in itself.
Why bother trying to balance to an unknown criteria? You will never balance anything.

Oh i do agree that first time in arena is learning exp because of the mindset pve puts one in.

But even many in my fleet love to pvp infleet but never like to hit the arena because a pug vs premade will lose and lose badly 9/10 times. Only once was i in a pug vs premade and we actually racked up like 10 kills, but usually its 0-2 kills, likewise everytime ive gone in with my premade against pugs we destroy them easily, its literally like all 5 of us are just standing still shooting ducks. And that is what causes so few to hit the arnena is fear of being a pug and going against a premade that you have no shot to win.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-27-2013, 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
I think first the match making system has to be improved so it makes teams play against teams, then add randoms to it if one team is lacking members.

Also I would probably remove FvK and kvK and Fvf and make it just PvP. The reasoning behind this is that there are premades on K side, there are premades on F side, but neither of them has the balls to get into private queue and fight each other.

If there would be just single queue, and teams would be matches to teams automatically, the queues would be improved for majority of casual pvpers.

Might as well do just two queues, pvp and elite pvp. Elite pvp would accept only teams.

This ^^^^^^^^
Captain
# 20
02-27-2013, 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
I think first the match making system has to be improved so it makes teams play against teams, then add randoms to it if one team is lacking members.

Also I would probably remove FvK and kvK and Fvf and make it just PvP. The reasoning behind this is that there are premades on K side, there are premades on F side, but neither of them has the balls to get into private queue and fight each other.

If there would be just single queue, and teams would be matches to teams automatically, the queues would be improved for majority of casual pvpers.

Might as well do just two queues, pvp and elite pvp. Elite pvp would accept only teams.
Agree with your idea, but the statement about having no balls to face each other privately is a bit misleading. We ask virtually everyday now for a premade match and maybe get 1 if we are lucky. We dont care if they are klink or fed. If we dont get a response and we know there is a premade in queues, we will go hunting.