Commander
# 21
02-27-2013, 05:07 AM
Actually, I am in the same boat, I bought STO when it first came out and I was working in the United States

maybe next time I purchase zen during the promo and it doesn't come through, I'll start bugging PWE about it
Career Officer
# 22
02-27-2013, 05:12 AM
You always have to purchase the ZEN over the PWE Website to get the Promosion.
If you buy over Steam or an other Partner you won't get the promotional ZEN Bonus.

Greetings

kngor (Motzi)
=/\= 58. Geschwader - Fleet Admiral =/\=
=/\= Vice Admiral |□|□|□| Andreas@Motzi =/\=
=/\= Yan Isleth - yo' 'ai =/\=
=/\= Lieutenant General |₳|₳|₳| K'ratak@Motzi =/\=

Empire Veteran
# 23
02-27-2013, 05:41 AM
Yes yes buy zen from them so I can keep getting it for free! WOOWOO!!!!!!!!!!
Career Officer
# 24
02-27-2013, 06:03 AM
We need c-store sale but not 15% ZEN promo!
Republic Veteran
# 25
02-27-2013, 06:06 AM
Yes, keep buying people, drive that exchange rate into the ground!
Career Officer
# 26
02-27-2013, 06:27 AM
Not a big fan of zen sales, no c store sales? Must be to prevent those of us that have stipend from receiving any discount.
Career Officer
# 27
02-27-2013, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
Really!?

lol it made total business sense for Cryptic to have a promotion AFTER the people who couldn't help themselves when it comes to shinnies had already lapped up as many Ando ships as they could.

It would also seem to indicate that the Andorian ship isn't perhaps selling quite as well as they'd hoped - after all, it's only been a week (the first day of which it was broken) and now you can effectively buy it 15% cheaper?
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Ensign
# 28
02-27-2013, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
It would also seem to indicate that the Andorian ship isn't perhaps selling quite as well as they'd hoped - after all, it's only been a week (the first day of which it was broken) and now you can effectively buy it 15% cheaper?
Or the other way around: they sold a lott of these ships and now they want even more people to buy it.
I would agree with you if they would put the ship itself on sale
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 29
02-27-2013, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kngor View Post
You always have to purchase the ZEN over the PWE Website to get the Promosion.
If you buy over Steam or an other Partner you won't get the promotional ZEN Bonus.

Greetings

kngor (Motzi)
Stream is listed as one of the partners participating in this promotion. Please check out the article linked in the first post There was a small delay with the Steam promo starting though, and all accounts that purchased a qualifying amount between 3PM PST yesterday and when the promo was activated with Steam a couple hours later has been credited in-game as of last night.

Also, this ZEN promo is not just for STO, it's all games if you look at the different PWE game websites.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 02-27-2013 at 07:44 AM.
Career Officer
# 30
02-27-2013, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by waarder View Post
Or the other way around: they sold a lott of these ships and now they want even more people to buy it.
I would agree with you if they would put the ship itself on sale
Well they're not going to put their hot new product on sale a week after it was released are they? Can you imagine all the demands for a 15% refund from early adopters?

Besides, since when has a company that's released a new product that's selling well reduced its price? This is Cryptic/PWE we're talking about here.

Of course, a sale on Zen is effectively a sale on everything in the C-Store so it doesn't necessarily mean anything (other than the Cryptic feels it's time we gave them more money).

When the Vesta was introduced, they did a ship sale - but the Vesta wasn't included in it - that's more along the lines of what I'd expect if the Andorian ship was selling well.
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Closed Thread