Commander
# 1 Tribble even useful?
11-28-2012, 01:34 AM
So,

Tribble is a testserver where players should test new features and so on. So far so good. Problem is, Tribble has much less player than Holodeck (especially once a season has been deployed on Holodeck, Tribble looks like an empty instance). Now you release nice stuff like the Brel fleet version or other stuff for the fleet starbase for example. Nobody will start grinding for that on Tribble because it would be a waste of time and boring there. Therefor, most of the fleets on Tribble didnt even reach Tier 2 or even Tier 3. How is one supposed to test things that nobody will ever see on a testserver? You might say "well, the Brel for example is just a ship and ships usually dont have bugs except some visuals maybe and actually, they are the same model as the normal version so there shouldnt be major bugs". But whats the point then of putting it on tribble at all and not on holodeck. Someone in another post said, there will maybe be 5 KDF fleets who will reach tier 5 in the next half year or later. What do you think how fast the progress is on Tribble? I guess there is not even a tier 2 starbase for KDF and if, its not progressing anymore after S7 came online.

You guys already gave us thousands of Z-Store points or C-Store points or what its called, why not give anyone an incredible amount of EC, XP,Fleet modules and whatever stuff is required. Also reduce every project (if its reputation or some other thing) to 10% of the time that is normally required, or even less. So if a fleet project for starbase requires 100 duty officer, 10 should be enough.. or maybe 5. This way, people would have noticed the bug with the bridge officers, that cannot be donatet for some fleet project, much earlier. It doesnt make any sense at all if you cannot test the content on a testserver.
What ? Calaway.
Career Officer
# 2
11-28-2012, 06:02 AM
Or just make all ships free purchase from the shipyard vendor on tribble.

This will also help players decide if they really want to purchase something. I know quite a few people who've held off buying a ship because they can't test drive it first.
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Career Officer
# 3
11-28-2012, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyblade View Post
Or just make all ships free purchase from the shipyard vendor on tribble.

This will also help players decide if they really want to purchase something. I know quite a few people who've held off buying a ship because they can't test drive it first.
They'll never do this and you know why? 'Cause at some point they'll screw up and push it live on Holodeck...
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Ensign
# 4
01-30-2013, 09:19 PM
I agree we should be able to actually TEST the new stuff on a TEST server, before it goes live, to work out bugs... but like others I'm not holding my breath.
It seems they really only have tribble to test content like starbases, and rep system... but then as mentioned who is going to spend all the time to grind those on tribble?
Time adjusted and resource adjusted would be a good way to get people to actually have T5 starbases and T5 rep, to test it and see if its broken anywhere.
Alas...
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-26-2013, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tebsu View Post
So,

Tribble is a testserver where players should test new features and so on. So far so good. Problem is, Tribble has much less player than Holodeck (especially once a season has been deployed on Holodeck, Tribble looks like an empty instance). Now you release nice stuff like the Brel fleet version or other stuff for the fleet starbase for example. Nobody will start grinding for that on Tribble because it would be a waste of time and boring there. Therefor, most of the fleets on Tribble didnt even reach Tier 2 or even Tier 3. How is one supposed to test things that nobody will ever see on a testserver? You might say "well, the Brel for example is just a ship and ships usually dont have bugs except some visuals maybe and actually, they are the same model as the normal version so there shouldnt be major bugs". But whats the point then of putting it on tribble at all and not on holodeck. Someone in another post said, there will maybe be 5 KDF fleets who will reach tier 5 in the next half year or later. What do you think how fast the progress is on Tribble? I guess there is not even a tier 2 starbase for KDF and if, its not progressing anymore after S7 came online.

You guys already gave us thousands of Z-Store points or C-Store points or what its called, why not give anyone an incredible amount of EC, XP,Fleet modules and whatever stuff is required. Also reduce every project (if its reputation or some other thing) to 10% of the time that is normally required, or even less. So if a fleet project for starbase requires 100 duty officer, 10 should be enough.. or maybe 5. This way, people would have noticed the bug with the bridge officers, that cannot be donatet for some fleet project, much earlier. It doesnt make any sense at all if you cannot test the content on a testserver.
i never got any test zen, they should just make all cstore items 0 zen, than we wont have to beg for handouts just to help test theyre stuff
Career Officer
# 6
02-27-2013, 09:08 AM
Actually taking feedback into consideration and fixing bugs before they hit Holodeck would go a long way in players wanting to do testing on Tribble. This would go a long way from so many prospectives. They offer rewards to those players who test new seasons so why not offer rewards for amounts of time testing? Accolades that can be unlocked on Holodeck for 10 hours, 20 hours, 50 hours, 100 hours, etc. for time spent on the test server might actually encourage some more to put time in when there isn't something major to be tested. I definitely agree that new ships needs to be available for testing on Tribble 2 weeks prior to their C-Store or Holodeck release. This would go a long way when it comes to ironing out the bugs in them before they hit the live server. In the end though, it actually all falls back on the first sentense in this paragraph.
Career Officer
# 7
03-02-2013, 08:30 PM
Personally I think the Tribble test server should be shut down permanently, or left to be used exclusively for Cryptic use. They don't listen to feedback anyway unless players get pissed.

Season 7: they reduced the dilithium rewards in STFs on the test server before launch. What happened? Players complained about the reduced amounts of dil in STFs. Then on the test server a couple days before S7 launch, they completely removed all dilithium rewards and loot drops in STFs. S7 launched and there was a lot of anger about it. Took them about 2 weeks before they added it back in. They even announced the amount of dil we would be getting while S7 was on the test server, thus going back on their promise of a specified amount.

Personally I think Cryptic gets off on making their player base angry. They enjoy it. They never listen to feedback and make changes to the game otherwise. Just my 2 energy credits.
Career Officer
# 8
03-02-2013, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsww View Post
Actually taking feedback into consideration and fixing bugs before they hit Holodeck would go a long way in players wanting to do testing on Tribble. This would go a long way from so many prospectives. They offer rewards to those players who test new seasons so why not offer rewards for amounts of time testing? Accolades that can be unlocked on Holodeck for 10 hours, 20 hours, 50 hours, 100 hours, etc. for time spent on the test server might actually encourage some more to put time in when there isn't something major to be tested. I definitely agree that new ships needs to be available for testing on Tribble 2 weeks prior to their C-Store or Holodeck release. This would go a long way when it comes to ironing out the bugs in them before they hit the live server. In the end though, it actually all falls back on the first sentense in this paragraph.
Yep. Sounds like their excuse for not making KDF faction a full level 1-50 with a proper tutorial also.

It goes something like this:

Quote:
Cryptic: we'll make more KDF content when there are more players on KDF side
Quote:
Players: we'll play KDF more if you add new content
Quote:
Cryptic: we'll listen to player feedback when there are more players on the test server
Quote:
Players: we'll test things more when you actually start listening to us
Bottom line is the customer is always right. Cryptic is bent on doing things their way. But if they want to keep customers they need a new business model: make the customer think they are the most important person in the world and try your best to meet their demands. The customer is who holds the key to the success of a business. Without us your ass is in the unemployment line waiting for your handout.

P.S. I don't want accolades for testing stuff. Got more than enough already. What I want is for them to listen to player feedback instead of "HERE BUY THIS!" -players buy and get pissed cause it's not what expected- "Sorry we go fix it now".

Last edited by monkeybone13; 03-02-2013 at 08:40 PM.
Career Officer
# 9
03-04-2013, 11:19 AM
I'm not interested in accolades either but there are a lot of players that seem to feel the need to have them all and the same goes for every item in-game. Like the Test Tribbles, it might be another way to encourage players to get on the test server and test out some content other than major updates.
Lieutenant
# 10
03-11-2013, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybone13 View Post
Personally I think the Tribble test server should be shut down permanently, or left to be used exclusively for Cryptic use. They don't listen to feedback anyway unless players get pissed.

Season 7: they reduced the dilithium rewards in STFs on the test server before launch. What happened? Players complained about the reduced amounts of dil in STFs. Then on the test server a couple days before S7 launch, they completely removed all dilithium rewards and loot drops in STFs. S7 launched and there was a lot of anger about it. Took them about 2 weeks before they added it back in. They even announced the amount of dil we would be getting while S7 was on the test server, thus going back on their promise of a specified amount.

Personally I think Cryptic gets off on making their player base angry. They enjoy it. They never listen to feedback and make changes to the game otherwise. Just my 2 energy credits.
It should be Kept online but Everything should be Free in it including Z store ships and Equipment