Go Back   Star Trek Online > The Foundry for Star Trek Online > The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Discussion & Feedback
Login

Captain
# 21
02-27-2013, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
While it is certainly important, I don't think it's necessarily the most important.

Costumes, to me, aren't the most important part of a mission. You only see them shoulders up in dialogue and very small on maps.

I think the most important thing is more assets. For Q's sake we need more floor/ceiling options, more Federation walls, things to help us build more convincing and varied starship interiors.

Still, if they decide they want to work on the costume editor, that's cool with me.
I agree with this opinion. Costumes are barely seen in STO. But my ugly transporter pad is noticed right away.
Ensign
# 22
02-27-2013, 10:48 AM
Imho, the addition of combat objectives other than "kill enemy" (ie disable, incapacitate, survive, etc), is more important than costumes and set pieces. Don't get me wrong, I'd love more visual options, but thats more of a bonus and additional functionality should be the top priority. I'd also like to see the ability to make "boss" encounters but I could see how some authers could use it as a griefing tool.
Career Officer
# 23
02-28-2013, 01:26 AM
I say open up the editor. Playing around with import options, it still has some restrictions (can't put beard on a gorn, etc), and it makes sense that some combinations might just not be possible. But I'm all for authors being able to mix and match whatever at least works. If it doesn't look right or clips in all the wrong places, what's the problem?

Considering we can place objects in all sorts of ways to make nonsensical maps, why wouldn't this work for costumes? The combinations that actually 'work' will far outnumber the funky cat-people with gorn chests and nausicaan fingers.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-28-2013, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilmark444 View Post
Imho, the addition of combat objectives other than "kill enemy" (ie disable, incapacitate, survive, etc), is more important than costumes and set pieces. Don't get me wrong, I'd love more visual options, but thats more of a bonus and additional functionality should be the top priority. I'd also like to see the ability to make "boss" encounters but I could see how some authers could use it as a griefing tool.
Agreed on this. Anyone who's played my series knows there would be plenty of use of a disable objective instead of just kill. I'd also like the ability to make friendlies invincible/respawn disabled like you have in the Tau Dewa patrols.
Play Star Trek: Allegiance - my first series in the Foundry