Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 113
# 101
02-26-2013, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archoncryptic View Post
You're welcome. Unfortunately, I don't know when these changes will be live.


The Tachyon and Overload consoles will almost definitely stay at 3 minutes - that's the standard cooldown for console powers, and we'll be balancing around it.

The Wing Cannon Platforms are staying at 3 minutes for the moment, but there's a possibility we might decrease it at a later time. We're going to see how they hold up with the increased health and shields. They're not supposed to be as easy to re-deploy as hangar pets - they pack a lot of punch on a ship like this (especially with the improvements that are coming), and there needs to be a way to counter them.



With few exceptions, Dilithium Store equipment in general caps out at Mk XI. Mk XII equipment is intended to primarily be available through endgame content, such as our Fleet and Reputation systems.

These weapons are just color shifts of standard Dilithium weapons - they're there for flavor and role-playing. Not everything we introduce has to be designed specifically to be the best endgame stuff ever. =D

I'm not opposed to putting "Fleet" Andorian weapons in the Fleet system eventually, but don't expect them soon. If we do make Andorian fleet weapons, they'll probably go in at the same time as several other new fleet items.
Thanks for the update! Just glad you guys are looking into it

I understand the issue with the platforms, and like you said we will wait and see how the changes do before we go asking for anymore changes related to that.

I never really thought about the dilithium store items like that, thanks for clarifying it for me. But I just feel that spending dilithium on equipment that offers no benefit over end game is a little pointless to use, I think its cause im using fleet weapons idk. ill look at them again to see if they have some form of use to me.

As for the fleet version of these weapons it would be nice to have and easily to do I would imagine, I remember when the game launched we had the ability to change the weapon color at will. Why cant we do this again? Or can you apply this to maybe elite fleet space weapons ?? it would add a much needed graphic change to end game content.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 113
# 102
02-26-2013, 11:54 AM
double post
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 211
# 103
02-26-2013, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archoncryptic View Post
You're welcome. Unfortunately, I don't know when these changes will be live.



The Tachyon and Overload consoles will almost definitely stay at 3 minutes - that's the standard cooldown for console powers, and we'll be balancing around it.

The Wing Cannon Platforms are staying at 3 minutes for the moment, but there's a possibility we might decrease it at a later time. We're going to see how they hold up with the increased health and shields. They're not supposed to be as easy to re-deploy as hangar pets - they pack a lot of punch on a ship like this (especially with the improvements that are coming), and there needs to be a way to counter them.



With few exceptions, Dilithium Store equipment in general caps out at Mk XI. Mk XII equipment is intended to primarily be available through endgame content, such as our Fleet and Reputation systems.

These weapons are just color shifts of standard Dilithium weapons - they're there for flavor and role-playing. Not everything we introduce has to be designed specifically to be the best endgame stuff ever. =D

I'm not opposed to putting "Fleet" Andorian weapons in the Fleet system eventually, but don't expect them soon. If we do make Andorian fleet weapons, they'll probably go in at the same time as several other new fleet items.
Please sir, please could we have MK XII Andorian Phasers? Pretty please.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,202
# 104
02-26-2013, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archoncryptic View Post
Not everything we introduce has to be designed specifically to be the best endgame stuff ever. =D
Not to be mean but your post is invalidating this statement.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 650
# 105
02-26-2013, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
Not to be mean but your post is invalidating this statement.
I took that post to meant he dilithium store items, and it would be wise for them not to put their best stuff in there. Use it as a carrot for other missions or gameplay instead of dilith farming.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 35
# 106
02-26-2013, 10:46 PM
I tested the consoles on the PTR.

I'm happy with the two cannon consoles. The wing pets are still bugged. Only one is showing more hull/shields, the other is not. I guess QA missed that too. Please fix it before it goes live.

Thanks,
Cryptic Studios Team
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 201
# 107
02-27-2013, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zionlyth View Post
I tested the consoles on the PTR.

I'm happy with the two cannon consoles. The wing pets are still bugged. Only one is showing more hull/shields, the other is not. I guess QA missed that too. Please fix it before it goes live.

Thanks,
This is fixed on our internal servers, but not on Tribble yet.

Thanks for the report.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 409
# 108
02-27-2013, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archoncryptic View Post
I'm not opposed to putting "Fleet" Andorian weapons in the Fleet system eventually, but don't expect them soon. If we do make Andorian fleet weapons, they'll probably go in at the same time as several other new fleet items.
Can we PLEASE get phaser hybrid weapons with phaser as the base damage? There are currently 3 flavors of Disruptor hybrid weapons: The Galor weapons (phaser proc), Polarized Disruptors (polaron proc) and the Plasma-Disruptor Hybrid weapons from Past Imperfect (plasma proc). There are no phaser hybrid weapons, lots of other weapons with a phaser proc, but none with phaser damage as the base (so we can use our phaser relays)

We have many ships that almost require you to run phasers:

Galaxy Dreadnought, Chimera, Vesta, Kumari, and to a lesser extent Defiant (if you want to use the quads). So it would be nice to actually use hybrids since they are the probably the most powerful/versatile weapons.

Although I just thought of a way to make a lot of people happy...

Make it so a hybrid weapon can use either Tac Console for damage. IE Polarized disruptors can use either disruptor coils or polaron phase modulators.

That way I can use my Galor weapons with my awesome new Andorian ship and not lose out on the cool/fun consoles.

Please make it so.
Formerly known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012

If the KDF can get a Fleet D7, the Feds should have a Fleet Exeter.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 437
# 109
02-27-2013, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanlonehawk View Post

Although I just thought of a way to make a lot of people happy...

Make it so a hybrid weapon can use either Tac Console for damage. IE Polarized disruptors can use either disruptor coils or polaron phase modulators.

Please make it so.
Yes! ++

Wish this would happen
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,649
# 110
02-27-2013, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanlonehawk View Post
Can we PLEASE get phaser hybrid weapons with phaser as the base damage? There are currently 3 flavors of Disruptor hybrid weapons: The Galor weapons (phaser proc), Polarized Disruptors (polaron proc) and the Plasma-Disruptor Hybrid weapons from Past Imperfect (plasma proc). There are no phaser hybrid weapons, lots of other weapons with a phaser proc, but none with phaser damage as the base (so we can use our phaser relays)

We have many ships that almost require you to run phasers:

Galaxy Dreadnought, Chimera, Vesta, Kumari, and to a lesser extent Defiant (if you want to use the quads). So it would be nice to actually use hybrids since they are the probably the most powerful/versatile weapons.

Although I just thought of a way to make a lot of people happy...

Make it so a hybrid weapon can use either Tac Console for damage. IE Polarized disruptors can use either disruptor coils or polaron phase modulators.

That way I can use my Galor weapons with my awesome new Andorian ship and not lose out on the cool/fun consoles.

Please make it so.
I remember one podcast where there was an interview where when it was being discussed if PWE was going to be selling different colored weaponry and I can't remember which dev it was but probally one still employed by Cryptic said they wouldn't do that. Which is the same issue there like for example and I don't know if you are pvper or not but the people big on pvp would have an issue which they would be right that if you are able to make multiple choices it would fall along the same lines of not actually knowing which type of damage is being hurled at them to better anticipate defending themselves.

So with my wall of text they said they weren't going to sell different colored version of various weapons which they have kept true too. In the end though if you were able to just pick which it would be based off of that would break that guideline that was put into play as what I would think would be a line that wouldn't be crossed until the federation has plasmonic leech and battle cloaks.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:37 AM.