Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 201
02-26-2013, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
If you have posted your mission here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=516431 you're covered. He'll go look to see who in that thread has actually published and then that'll be the final list.

Or that was my understanding anyway
This is correct

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 202
02-26-2013, 11:34 AM
I fell super behind on this one. Spent way too much time in PvP Bootcamp and outfitting my Galaxy-X for uber pwnage. I doubt i'll have it finished by tomorrow...

Oh well, I'll just have to finish it and release it later.

Good luck to everyone!
Commander
# 203 To BranFlakes
02-27-2013, 06:37 AM
I did an all nighter and finished mine at a great reduction of the story.
Only im stuck at the hospital with other half in labour so I don't know when I'll have 10mins to publish it.
Please please please keep me entered, I worked all night to get it done in time for the contest and this looks to be my final entry for some time.
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Captain
# 204 Good Luck Everyone!
02-27-2013, 09:54 AM
Since it is ten minutes to the start of the voting period, I just want to be a good sport...

Remember: No mission is any "better" or "worse" than any other - they are all bad in some way, and they are all good in another way. Each mission is a humongous undertaking of writing, scripting, map making, costuming, etc.

As a previous modder for Star Wars: Battlefront II and Star Trek: Bridge Commander, I can say that I've had some experience in the field of custom mods. One thing I've learned is that hard work into any project is readily seen by a player - and there is no true defeat if you've given it all you've got.

Good luck to the other contestants! I am looking forward to playing the other missions you all have created.

And as for rickysmith, congratulations on the baby! Hopefully BranFlakes sees this as a special occasion and will allow you to submit. (After all, missions can be created at any time; babies only come once!)

Again, good luck. I look forward to playing these great missions.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!
# 205
02-27-2013, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysmith1 View Post
I did an all nighter and finished mine at a great reduction of the story.
Only im stuck at the hospital with other half in labour so I don't know when I'll have 10mins to publish it.
Please please please keep me entered, I worked all night to get it done in time for the contest and this looks to be my final entry for some time.
I'm so sorry, but there are others that couldn't publish it in time, so it had to be removed I have to stick to the rules on this because it's been known for the last 6 weeks, and there are others in the same situation. Again, my sincerest apologies.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 206
02-27-2013, 10:22 AM
Well, that's a disappointment. I know ricky worked on it for a long time, he was saying so on the Persistent Foundry Project website for a while.

At least he can still submit it as a spotlight mission at any time.

Oh and BranFlakes, where is the voting thread?

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!
# 207
02-27-2013, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 View Post
Well, that's a disappointment. I know ricky worked on it for a long time, he was saying so on the Persistent Foundry Project website for a while.

At least he can still submit it as a spotlight mission at any time.

Oh and BranFlakes, where is the voting thread?
I feel horrible, and I know how hard he worked on it, but I have to stick to the rules because there are others in the same situation The voting thread is coming up this afternoon -- it takes a while to copy and paste everything into a nice, blog format.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Survivor of Romulus
# 208
02-27-2013, 12:02 PM
yeah hes been working on that for awhile.

congratz on your baby ricky .. 10k EC says its.... a boy.
# 209
02-27-2013, 12:11 PM
Thank you to everyone who submitted their missions for Foundry Challenge #6, and for all the discussion in this thread! From today until Wednesday, March 20th at 10AM PST, voting will be open. Please see this thread for voting information.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Lt. Commander
# 210
02-27-2013, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
I feel horrible, and I know how hard he worked on it, but I have to stick to the rules because there are others in the same situation The voting thread is coming up this afternoon -- it takes a while to copy and paste everything into a nice, blog format.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
If we spot a spelling mistake (for me, I've checked and it's just the one - "Offciers" - C and the I wrong way round -.-, I must of over looked it during tests), but published the mission before the submitting date; is it possible to correct it sometime?

Like, after the voting list has been created or sometime down the line? Just inquiring.

While on the subject of spelling mistakes, is it possible, or is it on your list (if this feature can even be implemented in the foundry) to have a text editor for the creator while during the mission/map?

It would dramatically improve the interface - being able to correct mistakes there and then - in the moment. Just wondering!

And to everyone, good luck!