Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 211
02-27-2013, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by enterprise629 View Post
If we spot a spelling mistake (for me, I've checked and it's just the one - "Offciers" - C and the I wrong way round -.-, I must of over looked it during tests), but published the mission before the submitting date; is it possible to correct it sometime?

Like, after the voting list has been created or sometime down the line? Just inquiring.

While on the subject of spelling mistakes, is it possible, or is it on your list (if this feature can even be implemented in the foundry) to have a text editor for the creator while during the mission/map?

It would dramatically improve the interface - being able to correct mistakes there and then - in the moment. Just wondering!

And to everyone, good luck!
Once the mission is published, it should not be removed. The only exception to this would be if for some reason players are saying they can't complete it and you need to fix something so they can. Feel free to fix spelling, etc. after the voting ends

I'm not sure about a text editor, but I know the team knows it's a requested feature. I don't know of any concrete plans, but maybe one day!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Lt. Commander
# 212
02-27-2013, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Once the mission is published, it should not be removed. The only exception to this would be if for some reason players are saying they can't complete it and you need to fix something so they can. Feel free to fix spelling, etc. after the voting ends

I'm not sure about a text editor, but I know the team knows it's a requested feature. I don't know of any concrete plans, but maybe one day!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Thank you for an instant response - wow, very quick indeed.

If you don't mind, in the future, maybe you should mention this in the submitting thread - if you haven't already that is. I'm sure it's very useful information to first time entries.

"Temporal Investigations" is my first ever submit, and is also my first ever mission I've made in the foundry, so wooo, why not?!

I'll defiantly correct my spelling mistake when I can, luckily it isn't anything major.

Ah yes, maybe one day indeed! Lets hope so!

Will you be playing any of the missions? Hope you enjoy them if you do!

Last edited by enterprise629; 02-27-2013 at 01:36 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 213
02-27-2013, 01:38 PM
Fingers crossed I don't get hundreds of "ah poo I fell into the spoiler".. invisible walls... do your job dammit!

I want an Armored Hatham called Fluffy!
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 214
02-27-2013, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by enterprise629 View Post
Thank you for an instant response - wow, very quick indeed.

If you don't mind, in the future, maybe you should mention this in the submitting thread - if you haven't already that is. I'm sure it's very useful information to first time entries.

"Temporal Investigations" is my first ever submit, and is also my first ever mission I've made in the foundry, so wooo, why not?!

I'll defiantly correct my spelling mistake when I can, luckily it isn't anything major.

Ah yes, maybe one day indeed! Lets hope so!

Will you be playing any of the missions? Hope you enjoy them if you do!
I'll absolutely be playing them I won't be leaving reviews, so voting remains unbiased, but congrats on your first mission!

Also, thanks for the suggestion about adding a rule about withdrawing after voting starts -- I will definitely add this now and ensure it's in the future rules.

Best of luck with your mission!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Commander
# 215
02-27-2013, 01:44 PM
Thank you anyway Bran_Flakes, will still give you a guilt trip though lol

Looking forward to playing everyones missions and I'll just use this opputunity as a chance to perfect on perfection with my mission

Thats EC you owe me Thay8472, we already know its a girl :p

Talk soon and hopefully I will be available for the next challenge, ill let you know how big it was and in extenstion how awsome my seed is!
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Lt. Commander
# 216
02-27-2013, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysmith1 View Post

Looking forward to playing everyones missions and I'll just use this opputunity as a chance to perfect on perfection with my mission

Talk soon and hopefully I will be available for the next challenge, ill let you know how big it was and in extenstion how awsome my seed is!
Yeah, I was looking forward to participating in this challenge as well (with a valid mission this time too lol... hey, everyone has their noob phase)

Unfortunately, I've been busy doing a 1500 mile move. Not much time for any other deadlines. Congrats on your new baby girl!

by @Skydawn - member of Starbase UGC
Captain
# 217
02-27-2013, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysmith1 View Post

Can't wait to see what interesting mission creation you cooked up this time. I'll definitely be playing yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysmith1

*Picard Facepalm*

stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More!
It's about time. DEVS NEED ACCOUNTABILITY.
Empire Veteran
# 218
02-27-2013, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Once the mission is published, it should not be removed
Technically, you can republish the mission without withdrawing it, so it's not removed from the list if you change something then hit "publish" again.
Ensign
# 219
02-27-2013, 08:10 PM
The only review of my mission so far is that a player was unable to find the starting location. Pulling it down to resolve that issue and putting it right back up again.

If this disqualifies me from the challenge I'm not terribly bothered, this is my first attempt at a mission and I value the feedback I could potentially get from quality foundry authors here more than I do the challenge itself, I've merely used the challenge to motivate and focus myself.
Rihannsu
# 220
02-27-2013, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heissenburg View Post
The only review of my mission so far is that a player was unable to find the starting location. Pulling it down to resolve that issue and putting it right back up again.

If this disqualifies me from the challenge I'm not terribly bothered, this is my first attempt at a mission and I value the feedback I could potentially get from quality foundry authors here more than I do the challenge itself, I've merely used the challenge to motivate and focus myself.
Hessenburg, just to reiterate what Diogene mentioned above, you don't actually have to withdraw your entry for that kind of change. You should be able to directly republish without interrupting player access to the mission (though, until the republish is done, they'll still be getting the older revision).