Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 269
# 21
02-27-2013, 01:51 AM
the only power drain escort i run into that drains me to a significant level for more than 2 seconds in a kdf with leach plus polorons and sometimes they drop a assimulator that will take me to 0 i have 9 in insulators plus a console that gives me insulators and my deflector does to, Fed with just poloron are not to bad. Put all this bs together though yea op crap lol.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,157
# 22
02-27-2013, 02:12 AM
Got totally slaughtered by a Orb Weaver yesterday with this build, I was in my Khyzon and as an engineer with access to EPS3 and RMC it made no difference as I sat watching my power levels drop almost to zero and as he hammered me with full power DPS beams. I thought this BS build was over with the nerfing of Siphons but now it seems even escorts can do it.

Yes every KDF PvPer has leech, it is regarded almost as important as carrying a shield it's that good. End result of the encounter is to not bother fighting as no matter what I tried I couldn't scratch him, on an 8400 DPSing Andorian, sucked dry with his leeching and the ever present acetons which also piss me off. Where in the TV show did acetons act like they do in this game?

Either make insulators work or seriously reduce the drain in the game.

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,134
# 23
02-27-2013, 02:56 AM
Power drain as it is has been nerfed near oblivion. Ever tried to suck a Cube dry? Ganted, it wont fire on you, but even with ES2+TR2+TS2, which on a sci ship is a hellish combi (or should be), you wont see results.

But it seems the polaron proc isnt reduced by power insulators. The proc alone can make a cube drop its shields.
It's new? NERF IT TILL IT BLEEDS

PWE proudly presents STO:Season 9.x: The Big Nerf.
Dil-sinks, EC-Value-Nerf and player satisfaction Nerf (a.k.a. Crafting Revamp), join the most epic grind ever avaiable in STO...
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,702
# 24
02-27-2013, 03:29 AM
hmmm so polaron procs are op, no escort has leech, or siphons for that matter. Not sure what all the whinning is about.

Not all kdf ships have leech, you guys are making these things up to be something they are clearly not. Phasers are just as crippling as polaron, even more so. phased polaron....welll cryptic dumped those on us.

Complain about OP fed ships without a kdf counterpart, like, fleet defiant, vesta, Armitage, and smurf. Once the friggin spam fest that is federation has been brought back in line, we can talk about evul kdf things. The idea that the current game favors kdf builds or toys in any way, i laughable at best, or outright stupid at worst.

I m sorry guys, but this is a non issue, fleet shields are an issue, fed ship choices are an issue. Leech is not, and drain are not.

Let me repeat what i said in the drain test builds, maybe polaron procs should be more in line with tets, and palsma aka useless. Not that the shut down in those test only occured once polaron was in the mix. So stop blaming the kdf, and start asking for nerfs to your own toys.
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 8,812
# 25
02-27-2013, 03:54 AM
Why are you trying to nerf something that's already been nerfed to oblivion once before?
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,157
# 26
02-27-2013, 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam View Post
hmmm so polaron procs are op, no escort has leech, or siphons for that matter. Not sure what all the whinning is about.

Not all kdf ships have leech, you guys are making these things up to be something they are clearly not. Phasers are just as crippling as polaron, even more so. phased polaron....welll cryptic dumped those on us.

Complain about OP fed ships without a kdf counterpart, like, fleet defiant, vesta, Armitage, and smurf. Once the friggin spam fest that is federation has been brought back in line, we can talk about evul kdf things. The idea that the current game favors kdf builds or toys in any way, i laughable at best, or outright stupid at worst.

I m sorry guys, but this is a non issue, fleet shields are an issue, fed ship choices are an issue. Leech is not, and drain are not.

Let me repeat what i said in the drain test builds, maybe polaron procs should be more in line with tets, and palsma aka useless. Not that the shut down in those test only occured once polaron was in the mix. So stop blaming the kdf, and start asking for nerfs to your own toys.
Oh look a KDF whinner scared of losing his toys. Have you even bothered to read any of the posts above? There is an issue somewhere, it's nothing to do with siphon drones, please read again, it only seems to be with KDF players so therefore there is a good chance that the combination of lolarons, leech and aceton are totally OP and basically can totally shut down the target. I don't care if you are KDF or FED, if there is a build that exploits bad coding in the game it needs shutting down, and you had better believe it will be, so stop whining and start testing to find out what it is.

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,702
# 27
02-27-2013, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
Oh look a KDF whinner scared of losing his toys. Have you even bothered to read any of the posts above? There is an issue somewhere, it's nothing to do with siphon drones, please read again, it only seems to be with KDF players so therefore there is a good chance that the combination of lolarons, leech and aceton are totally OP and basically can totally shut down the target. I don't care if you are KDF or FED, if there is a build that exploits bad coding in the game it needs shutting down, and you had better believe it will be, so stop whining and start testing to find out what it is.
just that none of what the op describes is part of that list. My ship has no aceton, no leach, no polaron, no siphon drones. So screw you whinner. Fed's keep whinning about KDF toys, just as in this thread.

So yes a full team with all these toys can completely shut a target down. Just as a full team of OP fed ships with phasers, virals, danoobs can completely shut a ship down. Tough luck.

Sorry you keep loosing to evil klingons and want them nerfed. ALl the shiney fed toys with 5 tac consoles, and hangar pets, better shield mods, can't save you. Too bad. KDF toys are fine, FED carebears suck at PvP, that is the problem.
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013

Last edited by havam; 02-27-2013 at 06:10 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,416
# 28
02-27-2013, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
Oh look a KDF whinner scared of losing his toys. Have you even bothered to read any of the posts above? There is an issue somewhere, it's nothing to do with siphon drones, please read again, it only seems to be with KDF players so therefore there is a good chance that the combination of lolarons, leech and aceton are totally OP and basically can totally shut down the target. I don't care if you are KDF or FED, if there is a build that exploits bad coding in the game it needs shutting down, and you had better believe it will be, so stop whining and start testing to find out what it is.
you guys came here complaining that something is off, no actual proof, just acusations that "waaaaaa i have no power evil klingons waaaa" maybe you should do some testing and bring the proof?



Quote:
Originally Posted by havam View Post
just that none of what the op describes is part of that list. My ship has no aceton, no leach, no polaron, no siphon drones. So screw you whinner. Fed's keep whinning about KDF toys, just as in this thread.

So yes a full team with all these toys can completely shut a target down. Just as a full team of OP fed ships with phasers, virals, danoobs can completely shut a ship down. Tough luck.

Sorry you keep loosing to evil klingons and want them nerfed. ALl the shiney fed toys with 5 tac consoles, and hangar pets, better shield mods, can't save you. Too bad. KDF toys are fine, FED carebears suck at PvP, that is the problem.
now now havam, you should no better then to argue with fedbears.
after all, kirk was one himself.




Quote:
Originally Posted by woodwhity View Post
Power drain as it is has been nerfed near oblivion. Ever tried to suck a Cube dry? Ganted, it wont fire on you, but even with ES2+TR2+TS2, which on a sci ship is a hellish combi (or should be), you wont see results.

But it seems the polaron proc isnt reduced by power insulators. The proc alone can make a cube drop its shields.
if polaron proc isnt reduced as you claim we need actual testing on this to see if its a specific combo of things or if its something else entirely.




im personally still wondering what the op was talking about that an escort has to drain power better then a science ship, the only possible thing is target subsystems 3 but thats reduced by power insulators.

the only other other thing i could think is maybe leech got broken again in a recent patch? can i get a klingon to check that out for me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,157
# 29
02-27-2013, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam View Post
just that none of what the op describes is part of that list. My ship has no aceton, no leach, no polaron, no siphon drones. So screw you whinner. Fed's keep whinning about KDF toys, just as in this thread.

So yes a full team with all these toys can completely shut a target down. Just as a full team of OP fed ships with phasers, virals, danoobs can completely shut a ship down. Tough luck.

Sorry you keep loosing to evil klingons and want them nerfed. ALl the shiney fed toys with 5 tac consoles, and hangar pets, better shield mods, can't save you. Too bad. KDF toys are fine, FED carebears suck at PvP, that is the problem.
You really cannot read can you?

Let me spell it out for you in big easy to understand language in a pretty red colour just to get your evil klingon blood boiling over a bit more:

one ship, that is not more than one and not less than one, ONE. It was an orb weaver, it drained me to almost zero power. I doubt you will understand that and even if you do your will refute it. I play KDF too and of course I have the leech, name me one PvPer that doesn't? This is about a build that is available that is massively OP and needs a serious nerf. I do not want to see the leech go Fed side, nor do I want to see the god forsaken freaking acetons go fed side either, if they would be nerfed from existence I would be happier, leech can stay.

Oh, and like a typical klink that can't ever beat anyone alone and without sneaking up behind your honourless cloak I see you've brought a mate to defend you. Good cuz you're about to get nerfed LOL, bring it on, see you in the arena sonny.

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,416
# 30
02-27-2013, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
Oh, and like a typical klink that can't ever beat anyone alone and without sneaking up behind your honourless cloak I see you've brought a mate to defend you. Good cuz you're about to get nerfed LOL, bring it on, see you in the arena sonny.
wait wut? are you calling me a klingon player? HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

im still asking what the hell the other ship the op was taking about that drains more then a science ship.


maybe you were hit with that tholian torp that drains/disables a power?

seriously dude.

give proof so we can start invesitgating it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:41 AM.