Lt. Commander
So I touched up my mission a bit, added some optional objectives and used this tutorial on a few objectives:

STO Foundry Tutorial - From Friendly to Hostile NPCs

It works like a dream when I preview it, so I saved and published it. Now the NPCs attack no matter what, but in the published version the npcs attack no matter. Even NPCs that aren't even close by attacks.

Does the invisible walls not worked like this anymore?
Rihannsu
# 2
02-27-2013, 12:36 AM
Invisible walls should still work as a deterrent to keep NPC Groups from attacking.

The way it works is that NPCs can't see through walls unless something from the other side of the wall shoots them. Then they aggro and start shooting through the wall. This is true for any wall in the game.
I am a Cheestah.
Check out my Foundry missions
Fed: "To Helna and Back", "Rema Donna", "Animations with Helna", "Mudd's Weapons", "Waiting for Wednesday", "Monolith"
KDF: "Time the Enemy", "Time the Ally", "Time the Traitor"
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-27-2013, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehavraha View Post
Invisible walls should still work as a deterrent to keep NPC Groups from attacking.

The way it works is that NPCs can't see through walls unless something from the other side of the wall shoots them. Then they aggro and start shooting through the wall. This is true for any wall in the game.
I know that, I understood the tutorial and everything, it just was't working for me. Anyways, I ended up fixing it so it worked out anyways.
Captain
# 4
02-27-2013, 01:43 PM
As far as I know, that trick still works. I see lots of authors using it in their missions. So, I'm not sure why you were having issues.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-27-2013, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
As far as I know, that trick still works. I see lots of authors using it in their missions. So, I'm not sure why you were having issues.
The weird thing is is that it worked great in the preview editor, but when I published it didn't work. I also noticed that the groups I was using wander on their own and knowing that wander doesn't work in the preview editor I went back in, changed the groups behavior to legacy animation and used the "mood - angry" animation and now it works perfectly.
Captain
# 6
02-27-2013, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff484 View Post
The weird thing is is that it worked great in the preview editor, but when I published it didn't work. I also noticed that the groups I was using wander on their own and knowing that wander doesn't work in the preview editor I went back in, changed the groups behavior to legacy animation and used the "mood - angry" animation and now it works perfectly.
Yeah that must be it. If they are set to wander then maybe their pathing forces them to jump the invisible wall.