Captain
# 5331
02-27-2013, 04:38 PM
*D'rix's forces have stopped fighting Vala's as they race to Earth. Preston is on the Comm disappointed with his wife. Preston and James have broken off and have been developing a plan.. *

*The room is hoping that either one of them don't start killing each other..*

James: What is there current position..

Preston: They are in the Cluster.. They need to slow down quite a bit.. to navigate the Black Holes..

James: That gives us some time.. Since our weapons are having little effect we need to convert to swarming tactics... With the defenses it is going to be hard and we will lose a lot of people.

Preston: It is either that or we are going to be slaves. I won't let that happen....

James: Preston.. we need to have that ship disabled so we can destroy it..

Preston: How about we send in one ship when they are in the cluster?

James: That is impossible... it is a maw of so many Black Holes that it is suicide..

Preston: Another reason why they won't expect it.. we need to find a point when they cross and lose their essential systems temporarily...

James: *Looks at the map..* How about point 432 mark 102.. The middle passage.

Preston: That seems like a perfect spot.. I am sure transporters are not affected by the area..

James: Exactly.. Who is going to do it?

Preston: I have one..

James: I have a ship in mind..

*James sends a subspace message with new orders. to Voporak*

James: I need you to go to the Excaliber and pick up Kela we are going to use the middle passage in the cluster to board the enemy vessel and disable everything we can.. Weapons and Shields or force them into sleep..

*Afterwards... James is in his quarters Miranda hanging on to him with slender arms..*

Miranda: I know this is not a perfect time to bring this up.. But I found a way to get pregnant...

James: *looks at her speechless*

Miranda: But I don't know if I should because I dunno if I want to raise it without you..

James: I don't like the idea either... but how did you find a way to get uncontaminated genetic material?

Miranda: I found a way to clear the material of the virus..

James: Is that a step closer?

Miranda: Yes but I don't think I am close enough to come up with a cure...

James: Don't worry I know you can do it..

Miranda: But..

James: Trust me.. and yourself.. You refuse to fail..

Miranda: *is silent as she thinks about it.*

James: Besides... I think everything will work out in the end anyway...

Miranda: I just want to have a few hours at least if that is all I will have..

James: Oh by all means mi lady.

Miranda: *smirks* Yes my Captain.
Captain
# 5332
02-27-2013, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
*D'rix's forces have stopped fighting Vala's as they race to Earth. Preston is on the Comm disappointed with his wife. Preston and James have broken off and have been developing a plan.. *

*The room is hoping that either one of them don't start killing each other..*

James: What is there current position..

Preston: They are in the Cluster.. They need to slow down quite a bit.. to navigate the Black Holes..

James: That gives us some time.. Since our weapons are having little effect we need to convert to swarming tactics... With the defenses it is going to be hard and we will lose a lot of people.

Preston: It is either that or we are going to be slaves. I won't let that happen....

James: Preston.. we need to have that ship disabled so we can destroy it..

Preston: How about we send in one ship when they are in the cluster?

James: That is impossible... it is a maw of so many Black Holes that it is suicide..

Preston: Another reason why they won't expect it.. we need to find a point when they cross and lose their essential systems temporarily...

James: *Looks at the map..* How about point 432 mark 102.. The middle passage.

Preston: That seems like a perfect spot.. I am sure transporters are not affected by the area..

James: Exactly.. Who is going to do it?

Preston: I have one..

James: I have a ship in mind..

*James sends a subspace message with new orders. to Voporak*

James: I need you to go to the Excaliber and pick up Kela we are going to use the middle passage in the cluster to board the enemy vessel and disable everything we can.. Weapons and Shields or force them into sleep..
OOC: I just knew I was going to get this assignment before my name was even said.

Voporak: Suicide mission. Got it. Can do. Run in, smash stuff, leave a couple tricobalt devices in their cargo bay, and if I'm lucky live to do another suicide mission. Sounds like a plan to me. *he taps his combadge* Dorman, finish the crucial upgrades to weapon and shield systems. I just need to be able to get into that big scary looking thing alive and do some damage. Lots of it. *he taps his combadge again* Omet'etan, load all ten tricobalt devices into the deployable mine casings (that number does not include the Mark I). Set them all to maximum yield and move them to the aft torpedo bay. Prepare the crew for boarding (the crew mostly consists of M.A.C.O. teams).

*He hesitates for a moment*

In addition, keep the OPG on weapon standby if it should come to needing that. Considering it is still far from being ready, it would most likely blow out the power grid after a few shots.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
The Forgotten Battle - a new Foundry mission
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Captain
# 5333
02-27-2013, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
OOC: I just knew I was going to get this assignment before my name was even said.

Voporak: Suicide mission. Got it. Can do. Run in, smash stuff, leave a couple tricobalt devices in their cargo bay, and if I'm lucky live to do another suicide mission. Sounds like a plan to me. *he taps his combadge* Dorman, finish the crucial upgrades to weapon and shield systems. I just need to be able to get into that big scary looking thing alive and do some damage. Lots of it. *he taps his combadge again* Omet'etan, load all ten tricobalt devices into the deployable mine casings (that number does not include the Mark I). Set them all to maximum yield and move them to the aft torpedo bay. Prepare the crew for boarding (the crew mostly consists of M.A.C.O. teams).

*He hesitates for a moment*

In addition, keep the OPG on weapon standby if it should come to needing that. Considering it is still far from being ready, it would most likely blow out the power grid after a few shots.
James: Even our weapons just tickle them.. You might need something low tech that they won't expect...
Captain
# 5334
02-27-2013, 08:06 PM
*Dorman and bunch soon start rushing the refits Dorman beams out as to head out to joint the Earth Battle group. Anders however stays with as he is the only one that can maintain and repair the systems.. They are still imperfect given the rush job...*

Anders: sir.. Everyone else has left I am staying behind so I can keep working on this array.. It is just being a pain in my backside.. I would warn against using the new disruptor arrays and stick to being quiet..

*Ends the comm*

Alright now where did I put that Hydro spanner...
Career Officer
# 5335
02-28-2013, 09:33 AM
Tal looks at the fleet as the wait over earth. All the ships available are here. One of the largest fleets he has ever seen. He only now hopes that it is enough to stop it.
Captain
# 5336
02-28-2013, 10:57 AM
*James watches out a window.. it has been the first time in a what feels like a lifetime... the Earth... still as pristine as ever... Miranda stirs in the bed and his thoughts of crawling back in with her and pray Voporak succeeds at hopefully not a terrible price.*

*He looks over at the Republic forces which have been massing the excess ships to defend the Capital... He returns to Miranda expelling any doubts... Himself a Father... he laughs on the inside... Somehow the thought is warming...*
Career Officer
# 5337
02-28-2013, 11:15 AM
Tal walks into his own quarters. Every available ship has now arrived.

Tal: Preston we have all available ship here at earth. We will be prepared to defend earth when that ship arrives.

He sits down again in the center of his room. Quite. Thinking. He wonders how long the war will end after this
Starfleet Veteran
# 5338
02-28-2013, 12:00 PM
*R.S.S. Matthew Neilson. Matt is staring at the viewscreen, absent-mindedly. Will turns to him, concerned.*

Will: Sir?

Matt: Sorry. I was just thinking.

She was 29, Will. 29.

I just wish that I could see her one last time...

Will: Sir, the fate of Earth is at stake.

Matt: My mind's on the job, Will.

*Kazaran Cluster. The Cylinder has almost reached the last hurdle of the Maw: two Singularities so close together that the lights on the Cylinder are being warped 2 ways toward both Gravity Wells. The Cylinder will have to turn around the singularities to avoid the extreme hull stress the two black holes would cause.

Sam's Cell. Sam is feeling along the oval-bump-patterned wall for some kind of switch or anything to let her out of the room. Suddenly, she sees a flash in her mind: two red demonic eyes staring at her. The flash only lasts a second, but it's enough to make Sam release a short, muffled cry of terror. She shakes her head before she hears quiet, light mechanical whirring, as the Synthesiser Chips opened the passageway and Sam 2 walked in. As Sam 2 looked to her right, Sam sneaked through the passageway from her left.

In the corridor, she tried to find a way into the Maintenance Tunnels, assuming the ship even had them.*

Sam 2: Oh no you don't!

*Sam 2 kicks Sam's back before picking her up by the collar and throwing her back into the room. Sam managed to catch herself as she stumbled to the floor.

Sam 2 approaches her and the chamber seals behind her. She kicks Sam in the gut, causing her to turn over, before picking her up again and slamming her into a wall, pinning her arms while a set of restraints formed around Sam's wrists.

Sam 2 steps away, before punching Sam across the face with a right cross, causing her body to go momentarily limp while restraints formed around her ankles.*

I wouldn't want you to miss the show.

*The Cylinder makes it out of the Cluster, going into high-warp towards Earth.*
My Fan Fictions
Career Officer
# 5339
02-28-2013, 12:32 PM
Tal: tal to all forces the ship has cleared the cluster red alert.

Officer: yes sir all forced going to red alert. Bringing auto defense platforms.online now.

Tal: tal to Preston. I would suggest you and the senate depart earth now. We don't know how long it will be till they get here.
Career Officer
# 5340
02-28-2013, 12:36 PM
Tal leaves the bridge and heads to his fighter.

Tal: the shield passer was installed I assume.

Officer : yes sir. But I don't see why you had installed now and why you would he allowed to use it.

Tal as he gets in the touch's the fighter it opens a hatch
Tal: the senate didn't I am going to make sure that ship is destroyed though.

Before the officer can respond he takes off in the fighter. Ready and waiting for the enemy to arrive.