Community Moderator
# 41
02-18-2013, 05:55 PM
I have an idea; warbird, how about you cut and paste my review here into the thread, and people can review my review.

You can do this even if you have the mission withdrawn.

It's a player review, not a moderator action; so it's not "private correspondence" for purposes of the forum rules. Throw it in here, let's see what people think.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Captain
# 42
02-18-2013, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
I have an idea; warbird, how about you cut and paste my review here into the thread, and people can review my review.

It's a player review, not a moderator action; so it's not "private correspondence" for purposes of the forum rules. Throw it in here, let's see what people think.
I would agree with this approach. If, warbird, the review is as insulting as you claim it to be, then quote it here. I would like to see what has been said.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Retired STO Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
PvP: PvP Boot Camp, the best newbie oriented training initiative in STO!
Captain
# 43
02-18-2013, 06:58 PM
Quote:
I can take bad reviews, I understand that my work will not be understood by everyone because I am a hard core trekkie and research my source material before coming up with a storyline, such as dates and what not. That is because Star Trek is important to me as a genuine fan.
Every single sentence in this paragraph makes me hope you get more bad reviews.
# 44
02-18-2013, 07:14 PM
This thread almost justifies itself existing through humor. Almost.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Rihannsu
# 45
02-18-2013, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post

what was the name of the misison? I went and played one of his(the only one I could find) but didn't see any particularly bad reviews.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Community Moderator
# 46
02-19-2013, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
what was the name of the misison? I went and played one of his(the only one I could find) but didn't see any particularly bad reviews.
I believe he pulled it, so only he can see the reviews. To respect his privacy I won't say the name of it since he's pulled it.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Career Officer
# 47
02-27-2013, 03:13 PM
If someone simply puts "your maps are crap" then id just ignore it as its just negative criticism.

If someone says "your maps were a little basic" then id see that more of constructive criticism.

I know there isn't much difference but the way people word things in reviews can make all the difference.

Im about to realize my first mission and im expecting it to be torn to shreds by many players but hay its what artists have to face.
Captain
# 48
02-27-2013, 03:18 PM
First, I should start off with the fact that warbird hasn't even attempted to post the criticism here. Must have been one of those whiny moments...

As for this topic. How about people who 1-star the mission and don't provide any sort of feedback at all?

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Retired STO Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
PvP: PvP Boot Camp, the best newbie oriented training initiative in STO!
Lt. Commander
# 49
02-27-2013, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 View Post
As for this topic. How about people who 1-star the mission and don't provide any sort of feedback at all?
I can't tell you how much that annoys me, since usually it's the 1-2 star bandits that never leave a comment. It's those guys that I want a comment from, since there might be something glaringly wrong with the mission that I might need to fix. It's usually something small that sets someone off enough to give you a low rating. Still, that should never give you the right to remove it. There would be no point to a review system if you could do that. In fact, the best constructive criticism comes from the low ratings when they do bother to provide it.

My biggest problem with the current review system is that it directly ties into the search function. Any 1 star bandit can send your new mission straight to the bottom where no one will ever look at it, especially if it hasn't gotten enough reviews yet to qualify for rewards.

I had a new mission posted for days now that I've been trying to get some feedback on. I got 2 decent reviews, then I got a 2 star with no comment sending my mission all the way to the bottom half of the pile. 3 reviews... still red text. No one will find it on their own.

What would be nice to have is a new UI search function that isn't based on "Top Rated" being the default menu. But that's a request that's been on the tops from the very beginning from many authors, so I won't even get into that.

Secondly, since everyone gets a review screen at the end of a mission, if they leave a rating, they should be required to at least write something in regards to their review. If they can't bother with having something to say, they shouldn't have the privilege to leave a rating at all. That's just my opinion.

by @Skydawn - member of Starbase UGC
Captain
# 50
02-27-2013, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 View Post
First, I should start off with the fact that warbird hasn't even attempted to post the criticism here. Must have been one of those whiny moments...

It should be mandatory to leave a comment on 1star review.
But I suspect most of them are a user problem more than a mission bug. I recently had a 1star review from someone who couldn't find where to start, while it's mentioned under the minimap in the objectives, during NPC conversation, AND in the mission description.
I also saw a 2star review on someone else mission, with a comment like "Good mission !" I suspect this person choose the wrong rating.

Last edited by erei1; 02-27-2013 at 06:27 PM.