Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Commander
Hi all, So i hardly ever use my fed character (hence why i posted this here rather than the academy, as feds are all girls), and he has a lot of goodies which i would like to move to my KDF character. Is there any way that things can be transferred like bound/unbound inventory items, EC, dil, etc?

I've converted what dil i had to ZEN, so i have that put to good use, but the rest of it i wouldn't like to leave behind. All i will leave is one Decent ship with a decent loadout (for events and so on) and a loadout for my character and his away team.

Can stuff be transferred across, or is there restrictions?
Captain
# 2
02-28-2013, 04:27 AM
The only restriction that's in place is that you can't transfer character-bound items. Those will be destroyed along with the character when you delete it, sadly.

As for account-bound and un-bound items, you can either mail them to your KDF character, or use your account bank (it's in the list of options when you use a bank terminal). The account bank probably isn't very big, so you'll have to constantly switch between characters to move stuff out of the bank into your KDF toon's bank/inventory.
Empire Veteran
# 3
02-28-2013, 04:40 AM
You can transfer dilithum -> zen -> dilithum

You can mail duty officers, but a kdf character can't use fed duty officers to run missions; they're just fodder for donating to fleet projects.

Non-bound inventory can be mailed. This includes crafting materials.

I believe you can transfer EC using the account bank.

Fleet Marks, Romulan Marks, Fleet Credit, and STF Marks cannot be transferred.
Bound items cannot be transferred.
Commendation XP cannot be transferred.
Ships cannot be transferred.
Bridge officers cannot be transferred.
Character level cannot be transferred.

----------

As someone who switch from playing feds primarily to playing a KDF character primarily, I would NOT recommend switching to the KDF. Cryptic/PWE treats the KDF as second-class citizens.

All of the new content is very focused on the federation side, and hobbled together to give the KDF something to do. For example, the KDF should be trying to conquer the Romulans while they are weak, but instead we're running the same "collect 25 glowing rocks" missions the feds have to help the Romulans.

If it wasn't for the fact that my KDF character had advanced so much beyond where my Fed characters are, I'd have switched back to playing fed already.
Empire Veteran
# 4
02-28-2013, 04:57 AM
I hope every Dev reads the last few lines of the post above mine. It hits to the heart of why the KDF is as unplayed as it is in STO.
Not through a lack of a playerbase but through a lack of substance for said playerbase to enjoy playing.

Fix and finish the KDF!
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Empire Veteran
# 5
02-28-2013, 05:15 AM
Yes. Have to agree.

I actually don't do the Romulan content because I cannot see how any Klingon in his right state of mind would agree to help the Romulans.

Beyond the main storyline arc given to Klingon players with the house of Martok and fighting off the Fek'lhri there's nothing truly Klingon. Its just the same episodic missions. Helping the Federation take back Deep Space 9 despite being at war with the Federation? Sure! We Klingons do that. Helping a bunch of Reman with honorless weapons against Romulans? Yes! Ok, at least its an excuse to kill Romulans? And now helping our old arch enemy the Romulans rebuild? What has the Empire come to?

I have to agree with both kadix1 and bitemepwe (Roach?).

On the other hand, welcome to the KDF.
The user formerly known as Khern!
I hate the fact Perfect World force-joined STO and PW accounts...
Commander
# 6
02-28-2013, 06:01 AM
Ok, so i had best do a lot of mailing then! Many thanks for the tips guys!

Apart from the account bank (which i just found out that i would have to spend some zen on) is there any way of mailing EC across or doing some kind of transfer? i would buy account slots, but my zen is building up for my ship modules, so i dont want to spend them yet.

Last edited by ironmako; 02-28-2013 at 06:04 AM.
Captain
# 7
02-28-2013, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Apart from the account bank (which i just found out that i would have to spend some zen on)
Just get a one-month subscription, which will unlock the account bank amongst a ton of other stuff (at least ~15,000 Zen worth of unlocks), and which you'll get to keep after the month expires.

If you can't afford the 1-month subscription through regular means, just buy an old, unused retail version of the game (e.g. on amazon). Sometimes you can get them as low as $0.75 and they include one month of gametime.

Last edited by fraghul2000; 02-28-2013 at 06:54 AM.
Captain
# 8
02-28-2013, 06:57 AM
You can buy stuff off the exchange, mail that to the kdf character and sell it on the exchange.

Or you could just put up a single commodity for sale on the exchange, say an entertainment provision, for roughly the amount you wish to transfer. Put it up for sale on your KDF character, buy it on your Fed.

I've once sold myself an entertainment provision for 32 mil, or something along those lines. Just make sure you're the only one in that price range, or enter a unique price (eg 2376358) and remember that. It'd be a pity of you accidentally sponsor someone else...

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraghul2000 View Post
Just get a one-month subscription, which will unlock the account bank amongst a ton of other stuff (at least ~15,000 Zen worth of unlocks), and which you'll get to keep after the month expires.
Do you get to keep the account bank too? 'Cause that might make it worthwhile for me too...
Commander
# 9
02-28-2013, 07:02 AM
Getting it for one month does sound worth it. Is there a full list of the stuff you get from a subscription?
Captain
# 10
03-01-2013, 03:52 AM
Even if you want to switch to a primary KDF player, I strongly advise not burning down your Fed. Firstly, you can't use the slot for a new KDF character anyway, it's Fed-fixed. Secondly, Feds have...uses. There are benefits to the possession of a functional Fed character even if you are primarily a KDF player, and vice versa. As you increase your focus towards KDF, you will quickly discover this, and if you've burned down your Fedling, you'll be kicking yourself for it later.