Commander
Hi there.

Can a dev have a look at this pic and let me know why this is happening and if its cause for concern.

Not sure if its recent but i just noticed it today when starting sto and when i got to the char selection screen i noticed this notice at the bottom so saw that it was about a error so screenshotted it to show someone here.

http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/3774/errorssto.jpg

Never happened before tho i did change to dx11 in options to try not long ago tho tbh i think i tried it before and it never gave this error before so :/ shrugs.

My spec is win 7 (there was a windows update that did something to d3d i believe tho not sure if related), 64bit, i5 3570k, gtx 570 (btw the device id in gameprefs does not match my gfx cards id when viewing it with GPU-Z which i found out recently when trying to adjust the fov stuff. I tried changing it to what it should be but i got errors. :/ Tho i reverted to a backup of the file so that would have fixed that if that was a issue.

Running max gfx options ingame at 1920x1080 cept bloom which is 30% as thats more natural instead of anything higher or lower imo.

Erm latest drivers for everything like nvidia ones which came out about 4 days or so ago i believe.

Edit - Here is a new file that appears in live/localdata called "failed-shader-0.txt"

I zipped it up with winrar for u. http://depositfiles.com/files/yh3285hau

Hope this helps a dev out with diagnosing this.

Last edited by cptskeeteruk; 02-28-2013 at 07:25 AM.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 2
03-03-2013, 12:36 PM
This isn't a cause for concern unless your SSAO appears horribly broken. (Like... displaying as a screen of red 'X's indicating it's been replaced with our backup error shader.)

It's just a compile warning rather than a compile error and, while unfortunate that it slipped in given our coding guidelines (warnings treated as errors for C code, even for seemingly silly stuff), it doesn't actually do anything besides briefly spam that warning message.

Commander
# 3
03-03-2013, 03:56 PM
Yeah it was ok next time i launched the game somehow but thought id mention it anyhow incase it needed mentioning.
Career Officer
# 4
03-04-2013, 04:36 AM
I noticed that quite a lot when I was using DX11. Switched back to DX9 and haven't seen it since (switched back because I was sick of almost every ship I own being covered with black blotches).
Empire Veteran
# 5
03-04-2013, 09:46 AM
I Have the same issue but in my case the game is at low res....

I have a GeForce GTX 560 Ti on Win 7 and Running game through STEAM The game has been running great with no Issues I have everything on Max at a Screen Res of 1600 x 900

It gave me Low GPU mem errors and the game has crashed. I Validated the files on STEAM told me i had 10 files that needed to be Validated. Validated went into game, my Character was on Hi-Res but the rest of the game was on Low-Res. Re-Validated the game files and it told me the same thing.....

I Uninstalled the game and Reinstalled it and its working so so with somethings like when i talk to an NPC the Image screen shows their head fully rendered but from the neck down everything is on Low-Res...same thing when i switch costumes the current would be at hi-res, when i switch the new one it's Low-res, switch back to the previous one and it's HI-res...

I tried playing other games like Strike Suite Zero, Boarder Lands on all options turned on max and Had NO issues what so ever so i know it can't be the GC....
---------------------------------------------------------------------------