Career Officer
# 1 Lifetime sale?
02-27-2013, 11:05 AM
hey i just wanna ask Cryptic and PWE if we gonna see lifetime sale any time now ?
plz
Career Officer
# 2
02-27-2013, 11:45 AM
Yes please! I second this.

Join AIE Today! http://forum.myextralife.com/forum/6...r-trek-online/
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
02-28-2013, 07:05 AM
Why would Cryptic do that?

Why would any retailer tell prospective customers "Don't give us full price for this thing today. If you can do without it for just three weeks, we will have it on sale and you can give us less money for the same thing"?
Rihannsu
# 4
02-28-2013, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mithrosnomore View Post

Why would any retailer tell prospective customers "Don't give us full price for this thing today. If you can do without it for just three weeks, we will have it on sale and you can give us less money for the same thing"?
Well first off most retailers that have flyers put them out a few days before the sale starts to let you know whats going to be on sale. Also, they give you usually a 30 day money-back guaruntee something i doubt cryptic would do. That happened to me with another game called fiesta. I bought something at full price then within 24 hours it went on sale and they said sorry we wont give you difference back which a normal retailer with good business practices would have done.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-28-2013, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mithrosnomore View Post

YES! Let's not tell the people so we can trap one person into paying the full price instead of giving people a 3 weeks notice so that those that couldn't normally afford product X now may be able to plan and work it into their budget... BRILLIANT!

Man, you're an economics genius...
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
02-28-2013, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripp62 View Post
hey i just wanna ask Cryptic and PWE if we gonna see lifetime sale any time now ?
plz
If they do plan on that I just hope for a very early notice beforehand and that it will last atleast a few weeks, so everyone that plan on buying gets the chance.
Career Officer
# 7
02-28-2013, 08:15 AM
There is traditionally no notice about lifetime sales (or zen sales, ship sales, etc.) before it happens for the already mentioned reason.
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18020 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
02-28-2013, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phyrexianhero View Post
There is traditionally no notice about lifetime sales (or zen sales, ship sales, etc.) before it happens for the already mentioned reason.
I know that by now, hence the "hope".
Career Officer
# 9
03-01-2013, 03:56 AM
the thing is if you tell me you will put a sale on lifetime i will buy it ... otherwise not, thats why i ask
Career Officer
# 10
03-01-2013, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripp62 View Post
the thing is if you tell me you will put a sale on lifetime i will buy it ... otherwise not, thats why i ask
Since the game went F2P in January 2012 there have been two lifetime sales: June 5-29 and October 9-November 12, corresponding with graduations and the instant veteran rewards perks.

Stahl has stated they plan on having a couple of lifetime sub sales per year. I'd speculate that there'll be one by or around May since they have said there are new perks for gold subscribers with their next big update.
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18020 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)