Ensign
# 41
02-28-2013, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
Your link goes to a blank page, with a little 'No deeplinking please!' in the upper left corner.
Oops, I'm verry sorry ...

It looks like the site does not allow direct linking to to any of it's pictures ...

This link should work better I hope.

http://www.4gamer.net/games/017/G001775/SS/016.jpg

edit:
This is odd. The links work just fine for me while previewing and shortly after posting.
If I however log out and then log in again I get the typical 403's and *linking forbidden* messages ...

Any workarounds?

edit2:
I've had it! The picture is now up on imgur ...

http://i.imgur.com/6BEv7oo.jpg?1
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=88572087000&dateline=  1361926017

Don't bite the bullet! Say NO to ARC!

Last edited by phoenix234567; 02-28-2013 at 10:20 AM. Reason: faulty links
Captain
# 42
02-28-2013, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix234567 View Post
edit2:
I've had it! The picture is now up on imgur ...

http://i.imgur.com/6BEv7oo.jpg?1
That design is still in the game, called "Celestial class".
Ensign
# 43
02-28-2013, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
That design is still in the game, called "Celestial class".
Yes I know that.

By posting this promotional screenshot I just wanted to express my surprise at seeing a Galaxy class starship here among the "gallery of the Enterprises" given that Cryptic initially envisioned their Enterprise-D as a Celestial class spacecraft (as seen on this picture).

So I expected them stick with it and show a Celestial here aswell ...
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=88572087000&dateline=  1361926017

Don't bite the bullet! Say NO to ARC!
Career Officer
# 44
02-28-2013, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomin8r View Post
I find it to be ridiculous, as this game does not necessarily cater to "non-trek" fans. Also, the Ent A is an iconic ship, and players want to fly canon and iconic ships. To have it misrepresented is a tragedy.
On the contrary, the game primarily caters to gamers, and is intended to be friendly to casual Trek fans just as it's friendly to casual gamers. Anything else would just be leaving money on the table.

It's really not that big a problem. I get that it bothers you, and I hope they fix it, but most people who play this game will never notice, even if they play for years.
Lt. Commander
# 45
02-28-2013, 09:42 PM
The point is, plain and simple, that stuff like this WILL go unnoticed for years, even after attention is brought to it. That is the point I am trying to make.
Lt. Commander
# 46
02-28-2013, 09:59 PM
Would have been nice, except for the fan monstrosity in the picture along with the "real" Enterprise's. There is only NX-01 - E... No F and there will never be to me.

The "F" Only exists in this game and here's hoping that's where it will stay to be forgotten about. Star Trek's dirty little mistake.

Last edited by warbird001; 02-28-2013 at 10:02 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 47
02-28-2013, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbird001 View Post
Would have been nice, except for the fan monstrosity in the picture along with the "real" Enterprise's. There is only NX-01 - E... No F and there will never be to me.

The "F" Only exists in this game and here's hoping that's where it will stay to be forgotten about. Star Trek's dirty little mistake.
Dude, not cool.

It's one thing to not like the design, but thinking it doesn't deserve to exist at all? Just because something isn't technically 'canon' doesn't mean it's not worth being considered.
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.
Captain
# 48
03-01-2013, 12:54 AM
Quote:

Son, I am disappoint. I am not a fan of the Oddy by any means, but this sort of thing is exactly why we can't have nice things.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Lt. Commander
# 49
03-01-2013, 08:01 AM
The "F" should have never been in the game, Cryptic should have just kept the "E" as the Flagship of the Fleet under Captain Data. Shon is a completely forgettable and annoying character and he is not human either which is somewhat contradictory since all the Captain's of the Enterprise have been human.

The Odyssey itself is a monstrosity that should have never been allowed into the game. Cryptic just used some random fan design as a way to generate profit and to have it better then the iconic "Star Trek" ships such as the Galaxy Class and Sovereign Class was just insulting.

Like I said, its Star Trek's dirty little mistake and thankfully, if there ever is a series of Star Trek again on the TV... this ship will be completely forgotten about and replaced with a ship that actually follows the design linage of the ships that came before it.

This is why we should never have fanboi's thinking they can design ships.
Empire Veteran
# 50
03-01-2013, 08:27 AM
Quote:
The "F" should have never been in the game, Cryptic should have just kept the "E" as the Flagship of the Fleet under Captain Data. Shon is a completely forgettable and annoying character and he is not human either which is somewhat contradictory since all the Captain's of the Enterprise have been human.

The Odyssey itself is a monstrosity that should have never been allowed into the game. Cryptic just used some random fan design as a way to generate profit and to have it better then the iconic "Star Trek" ships such as the Galaxy Class and Sovereign Class was just insulting.

Like I said, its Star Trek's dirty little mistake and thankfully, if there ever is a series of Star Trek again on the TV... this ship will be completely forgotten about and replaced with a ship that actually follows the design linage of the ships that came before it.

This is why we should never have fanboi's thinking they can design ships.
And it's exactly people like you who represent the worst aspects of trek fanboys, who think only that which has appeared in canon is the 'true' feel of the series.

We know the Enterprise-F isn't technically canon until it appears in a TV show or a movie, and yet, we accept it in-game, even if we aren't necessarily a fan of the design or look or whatever... if you won't even consider doing the same, than you've already dug yourself even deeper than you think.
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.