Captain
So Borg are pretty much out for the next lock box - too much confusion with all the Borg content in game.

That leaves the Undine - with 3 ships:

Tethys dreadnought

Vile battleship

Nicor Cruiser

As they use Antiproton weapons, it would be a good way to introduce them as one of the other prizes - Phased Anti-proton??

It would be real nice this time if they would allow some bigger range of color adjustment as I am not too fond of the mustard yellow.
Empire Veteran
# 2
02-28-2013, 09:10 AM
Thought the Undine had a small fighter-like ship?
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Rihannsu
# 3
02-28-2013, 09:11 AM
Have I missed something? I'm not sure why you have dismissed the borg, for what seems like nothing more than your for your own personal reasons, and then used the Undine as the only potential alternative?

I dont even think they should add either of those races as they should remain 'bad guys' only but lets say hypothetically it is the undine. I expect to only see 2 ships, the Nicor as its the only canon one and probably the battleship.

i doubt they will add the dreadnought, as they tend to stay away from them unless they can turn it into a carrier. if they cant get fighters onto it and undine dont use fighters then i dont expect it.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Captain
# 4
02-28-2013, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
Have I missed something? I'm not sure why you have dismissed the borg, for what seems like nothing more than your for your own personal reasons, and then used the Undine as the only potential alternative?

I dont even think they should add either of those races as they should remain 'bad guys' only but lets say hypothetically it is the undine. I expect to only see 2 ships, the Nicor as its the only canon one and probably the battleship.

i doubt they will add the dreadnought, as they tend to stay away from them unless they can turn it into a carrier. if they cant get fighters onto it and undine dont use fighters then i dont expect it.
I would say that the bulk of end game content involes the Borg - STF's are still the number 1 way people earn dithium in game + doing them for gear and fun.

If you had players in Borg ships it would add too much confusion - "is that another NPC coming fast up on me from behind or a Player?" Just too much trouble.

But i would also really like to see Anti-proton special weapons come into the game as a lock-box reward. The Undine NPC's in game use anti-proton.

Last edited by born2bwild1; 02-28-2013 at 09:19 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
02-28-2013, 09:26 AM
if they did I would imagen the Nicor cruser would be the lovkbox while either the dreadnought of vila battleship would be the 800 lobi lock
Rihannsu
# 6
02-28-2013, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
I would say that the bulk of end game content involes the Borg - STF's are still the number 1 way people earn dithium in game + doing them for gear and fun.

If you had players in Borg ships it would add too much confusion - "is that another NPC coming fast up on me from behind or a Player?" Just too much trouble.
That's a fair point but if they add the Borg they will most likely add the renegade borg ship from 'decent' which will solve the problem as its so different in appearance and easier to rationalise how and why someone might fly one. its not in the game yet so its something new and a somewhat interesting design.

the other problem with a cube of sphere is a player would have no idea what direction they are facing, so the whole fore and aft weapon systems goes out the window.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Captain
# 7
02-28-2013, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
That's a fair point but if they add the Borg they will most likely add the renegade borg ship from 'decent' which will solve the problem as its so different in appearance and easier to rationalise how and why someone might fly one. its not in the game yet so its something new and a somewhat interesting design.

the other problem with a cube of sphere is a player would have no idea what direction they are facing, so the whole fore and aft weapon systems goes out the window.
True. Borg should be left as enemy - how about a Undine BO? That would be cool. Didn't Harry kim fall for one of the Undine girls?

We could have some Undine doffs as well.

There was even more Undine that were in favor of helping the Humans than there were any Borg.

But I still think a Hybrid Anti-proton weapon pack in the box would be a big hit - people are still miffed that they were taken away from the Omega system.
Career Officer
# 8
02-28-2013, 09:53 AM
Next Lock Box will likely be Breen (you heard it here first). If not them, I'd put money on the Son'a.
Captain
# 9
02-28-2013, 09:59 AM
I would be very, very surprised if Cryptic had CBS authorization to release a human playable Borg ship. To put it mildly.

As far as the next lockbox... I think it will give us a pretty strong hint about whether we are near adding the Delta Quadrant to the game in Season 8 or not. At some point there will be a Kazon ship to go along with that, I'd wager. But for now I'm expecting something closer to home, and that Delta quadrant will probably be Season 9.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Commander
# 10
02-28-2013, 10:01 AM
Will there be a new lockbox at all or will it start over with the Cardassian and just cycle through them every year?
Closed Thread