Ensign
# 271
02-21-2013, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gryspeert View Post
hi seem to have a simiiler problem,
my launcher wil not start at all

downloaded the new launcher and when i wanted to start the launcher 2 new files apeard
dbghelp.dll
and
CrypticError.exe

anybody know anything to do ??
Yep, same deal for me, too. Hope we can get some help with this soon...
Ensign
# 272 Worked for me.
02-24-2013, 11:03 PM
Hey Guys,

SOLUTION

I first suffered with the installer, it gave me the same "Launcher Auto-Update" issue, I first downloaded the downloader via torrent, then tried via Direct Download - suddenly it worked. I was downloading fine.

After the download finished, I tried to run the game - I decided to mask my IP and popped out somewhere in Denmark if playing from Africa was a problem, didn't help - Launcher Auto-Update thing happened again.

On Page 1 they link a "STO.exe", downloaded it, copied the old into a folder "Old Launcher" and replaced it with the new one - worked. Game is running fine.

Cheers fellow Trekkies,

Delta
Ensign
# 273
02-28-2013, 09:26 AM
so after the new patch this morning .. went to load up the launcher and it crashes as soon as i click engage? i tried using the link at the beginning of the forums and it still didnt work even resetting my pc didnt can anyone help??
Lt. Commander
# 274
02-28-2013, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rihansuakhen View Post
so after the new patch this morning .. went to load up the launcher and it crashes as soon as i click engage? i tried using the link at the beginning of the forums and it still didnt work even resetting my pc didnt can anyone help??
i am having the same problem i get the launcher up then it loads the first screen then when it gets on to the second screen it it says loading but nothing stays on that screen for ages can anyone help
Ensign
# 275
03-02-2013, 11:21 AM
ive been trying to run the launcher and it always says trying ti update launcher anyone have any ideas
Ensign
my ticket number is :18903542.. i tried everithing, but nothing, again same error, it crashes when i press engage and on when cryptic loading logo ephares.. my os is win 7 sp1.. drivers are up to date... i'm not using teamviewer, launcher works fine, tried on compatibility mode on xp sp2 and xp sp3 but again saim crashes on loading screen.. allready used run as administrator, deleted antivirus, restarted computer, but the error comes allways at the same moment :S i don't know what to do, pelease help me someone i want to play this game redownloaded, reinstalled but error again on launching game :S cryptic crash error :S
Career Officer
# 277
03-18-2013, 05:30 PM
The Updated STO Launcher circa 3/19/2013 doesnt work for me, playing from indonesia.

Very sad
Ensign
# 278 launcher failing
03-18-2013, 05:43 PM
ok so I tried to run star trek, clicked the icon on desktop, window pops up saying launcher failed to update, trying to update, tried 1 times. and stays like that till another window pops up saying launcher failed, closing. and that's all it does. wth is going on?? anyone else with this problem
Starfleet Veteran
# 279
03-19-2013, 03:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killall31 View Post
ok so I tried to run star trek, clicked the icon on desktop, window pops up saying launcher failed to update, trying to update, tried 1 times. and stays like that till another window pops up saying launcher failed, closing. and that's all it does. wth is going on?? anyone else with this problem
Try replacing the launcher with the one in the first post. That worked for me just now though it hasn't been the solution for me in the past.
Ensign
# 280
03-22-2013, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfc32 View Post
im having problems with the launcher reading the when ever I launch the game I've tried uninstalling then reinstalling the game any ideas
I have the same problem as above...at first my STO launcher wouldn't let me engage. and after an eternity when it does and i log on to my toon, it disconnects me, so i tried to reinstall and now i can't even log on due to the same as error as the one you have.

Currently trying to download the file from the first post.