We have a winner.
what do I win?
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-28-2013, 12:41 PM
*dizzy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuui13 View Post
this "exploit" was created by them, the players used the match system as designed to maximize their rewards for time. Again, if they were concerned with it so much, 1 why put it in, in this fashion, and 2. Why not fix the "exploit" much sooner?
as designed? i don't believe the pvp daily states "take you, your alt accounts, and fleeties into this private pvp match, drop the necessary requirements to where it satisfies the conditions met by this daily, and cap your dil for everyone in under an hour. enjoy."

i believe those dailies were designed like this: "compete in x arena three times, get a reward."

cryptic created the exploit? lol. no, players discovered this loophole. just like the foundry loophole. the former foundry daily doesn't state "click here, get loot." i'm sure it was designed as "complete these three foundry missions, get loot."

it's a loophole. clever players discovered this loophole. they know they discovered this loophole, and they kept it secret (yeah, i know how this went down.). not only did they kept it secret, they abused the hell out of it. no one's rich. you're still capped at 8000 refine a day. the problem was you can create multiple dummy accounts, bring them into the equation, and after a while, collect a truckton of wealth indirectly through exchangeable items (not going into details).

i've seen this happen on other games. why didn't they patch it sooner? i'm sure they were aware, but in my experience with seeing this situation is any indication, they're collecting data and developing measures to insure it doesn't happen again.

i'm not trying to white knight cryptic, but i understand what they had to do.

people need to get off this whole "cryptic is greedy" bandwagon. sto's f2p model is the best out of the other major f2p titles. have you seen what dc universe online, swtor, and other high profile asian titles have to offer? now that's greed. pwe/sto's model is tame at best.
twitter - tehjonel
Commander
# 43 o.o
02-28-2013, 12:43 PM
All forms of exploitation must be eradicated. If your angry about the change it suggests that you are a cheater.

Last edited by akurie666; 02-28-2013 at 02:32 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 44
02-28-2013, 12:52 PM
Too bad it's not ANet, who would have banned everyone doing this and laughed at their tears.
Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
Starfleet Veteran
# 45
02-28-2013, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefastone21 View Post
If it had been here for a week or two.. I would agree.... but its been here since season 4? .. thats over what? year and a half? ... like the socalled hacker who got into cryptics database and they didnt tell us until last year?

The only ones who will suffer from this.. is them... if they want to take back all the EC earnt from grinding pvp... well... a lot more people will suffer.
I totally agree with the above...took them 3 years to figure this out?...Of course when it comes to the so called EXPLOIT they act so fast ...when it comes to fixing any REAL bugs...who the heck cares...Have a ticket opened UNRESOLVED for 3 years..I guess the priority is to make players GRIND like heck or BUY stupid boxes to make their pockets full of money...
Its just uncalled greed and nothhing more...Use facebook, tweets and forums to make your opnion count guys...

When is this going to stop? They fixed the so called exploit from Foundry TWICE in less than a month (NPCs passives set to active..then they took out fleet marks all together)...now PvPs...how about FIXING the horrible bugs in the game and the long list of unresolved fixes from tech support.....

Dudes get it right or your playerbase will leave this game if you keep focus on greed rather than real fixes.
[
Captain
# 46
02-28-2013, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
The fact that players were using the private match system to generate dilithium only shows that these players don't have fun with the currently implemented regular ways of earning dilithium.
It's more about people doing their dailies (which can seem like a chore) and wanting them to get them done as quickly as possible.
Lt. Commander
# 47
02-28-2013, 01:20 PM
People getting infinite dili by using this, gee I wonder why they would change it!
Noone.
Career Officer
# 48
02-28-2013, 01:21 PM
Dear BranFlakes, what you define as an "exploit" we see as a way of making our day a little brighter by not having to grind all the time... seriously, this crap needs to be fixed 10 years from now compared to some of the other bugs in the game that are being ignored... red alerts come to mind.

EDIT

Some of us dont WANT to play PvP, not because it sucks (which I have heard it does) but because we just dont enjoy it, allowing full customization on the challenges made it a bit easier to play the content but not have to spend hours doing it.
InGame - @Darth_Tauri
Joined - 9/2011
"You Best Make Peace With Your Dear & Fluffy Lord" - Malcolm Reynolds

Last edited by kevaldt; 02-28-2013 at 01:24 PM. Reason: added info
Captain
# 49
02-28-2013, 01:28 PM
Wow! another great fix! thank you!

Is funny to see al the PvE guys raging, you guys can't exploit anymore!
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Commander
# 50
02-28-2013, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Some of us dont WANT to play PvP, not because it sucks (which I have heard it does) but because we just dont enjoy it, allowing full customization on the challenges made it a bit easier to play the content but not have to spend hours doing it.
Uh, so don't? Seriously, dilithium is so easy to get in this game through PvE or PvP exclusive ways.

This will only strengthen the game. Instead of people just grinding dilithium, people will buy c-points to convert to dilithium, which means more money flowing into the pockets of Cryptic/PWE, which means more money that can (and will, I know this must be shocking) be spent on this game.

Fanfiction! ZOMG! Read it now!
kate-wintersbite.deviantart.com/art/0x01-Treachery-293641403
Closed Thread