Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 221
02-27-2013, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtaku View Post
Hessenburg, just to reiterate what Diogene mentioned above, you don't actually have to withdraw your entry for that kind of change. You should be able to directly republish without interrupting player access to the mission (though, until the republish is done, they'll still be getting the older revision).
Correct; and if there is something blocking a player from starting the mission, like what was reported above, this is absolutely okay to fix We definitely want players to be able to start your mission. Thanks for the heads up, though!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Survivor of Romulus
# 222
02-27-2013, 07:59 PM
Full disclosure: publishing to fix a word, apparently I told people to go east at one point in the dialogue but the objective is to the west. Apologies, but I wanted to make sure people had the right directions so they can finish the mission properly.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for. Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Ensign
# 223
02-27-2013, 08:07 PM
I did republish without taking it down as was suggested up-thread. I'll be getting reviews for each of the missions done as I find time to do them over the weekend and such.
Rihannsu
# 224 hmmmm
02-28-2013, 02:15 PM
Bran:

I'm a little concerned that I may be encountering a bug with my mission. "The Tangled Webs We Weave" is currently at 24 reviews (so presumably even more actual playthroughs), and during testing the average playtime was about half an hour (more if you run down all the optional dialogue).

However, TTWWW isn't out of the "no rewards" doghouse yet. I'm concerned that there may be a problem with the mission that is causing it to fail the algorithmic quality control test (since I'm pretty sure it meets and exceeds the minimum length requirement).

Is there any way you can determine what is wrong with my mission? I don't want a programming error on my part to result in people who take the time to play my story going unrewarded for their effort and willingness to try a first-time author's mission.

Thanks again for organizing a great contest, by the way, I've already received a lot of excellent feedback that will really help me as an author... can't think of a better way to get started with the Foundry.
Lt. Commander
# 225
02-28-2013, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Bran:

I'm a little concerned that I may be encountering a bug with my mission. "The Tangled Webs We Weave" is currently at 24 reviews (so presumably even more actual playthroughs), and during testing the average playtime was about half an hour (more if you run down all the optional dialogue).

However, TTWWW isn't out of the "no rewards" doghouse yet. I'm concerned that there may be a problem with the mission that is causing it to fail the algorithmic quality control test (since I'm pretty sure it meets and exceeds the minimum length requirement).

Is there any way you can determine what is wrong with my mission? I don't want a programming error on my part to result in people who take the time to play my story going unrewarded for their effort and willingness to try a first-time author's mission.

Thanks again for organizing a great contest, by the way, I've already received a lot of excellent feedback that will really help me as an author... can't think of a better way to get started with the Foundry.
Mine is currently at 10 reviews, with most at 5 star. yay! In total 250 donations, woo!

I have a similar problem. I have a feeling it is due to the number of plays which will make it give rewards, but unsure to be honest.

As this is my first mission too, and submitting mission, I don't know how voting works completely - do reviews also count as votes (e.g. only 5 star reviews)? Or just the emails?

About the no reward, if reviews do count (IF), then this may make players not play and review missions or even give a bad rating as no rewards are given for their time, meaning mine and ashtaku and maybe others a slight disadvantage.

- EDIT -

It has just updated. Mine is now giving out rewards.

Last edited by enterprise629; 02-28-2013 at 02:39 PM.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 226
02-28-2013, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Bran:

Please post about it here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=497951

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Rihannsu
# 227
02-28-2013, 02:37 PM
Thanks, Brandon, you rock

So when's the next PVP boxing event? J'Rella needs some more exercise
Survivor of Romulus
# 228
02-28-2013, 03:49 PM
"Depths of Nukara Prime"

(im aware of the spelling errors.. promise i'll go through it and fix them when rl stuff happens)

Would like some feedback on the caves...

a) Do you like them?

b) Is the "how" you're there believable?

c) Did you find the Thermonic Horta eggs?

d) did you find a gap in the invisible walls, if so.. where? (please say no)

Last edited by thay8472; 02-28-2013 at 03:52 PM.
Rihannsu
# 229
02-28-2013, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
"Depths of Nukara Prime"

(im aware of the spelling errors.. promise i'll go through it and fix them when rl stuff happens)

a) Do you like them? Yes

b) Is the "how" you're there believable? Yes. The specific technobabble details fall on a very thin line that can easily fall into the trap of Mary-Sue storytelling, but you carried it and made it work. As someone who's read a lot of Trek fan fiction over the years, I can tell you that you are in the minority in being able to make that kind of scenario work.

The "scared" dialogue about not liking snakes earned a screenshot and a post to my fleet's Facebook page (the BOFF STO assigned to the dialogue was my 'brave Klingon warrior' )

So... TL;DR version: Yes, and congratulations on doing so.

c) Did you find the Thermonic Horta eggs? Yes

d) did you find a gap in the invisible walls, if so.. where? (please say no) No, but I found the sinkhole as we discussed earlier.
Speaking in invisible walls, Thay, did you take the non-combat path in TTWWW? If so, did you have any issues with invisible walls not being where they should be? I tried to plug that one up pretty tight, but I know that there are some spaces determined Caitians can wriggle through.
Captain
# 230
02-28-2013, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
"Depths of Nukara Prime"

a) Do you like them?
Yes, nice work, I was wondering how you manage to do them^^

Quote:
b) Is the "how" you're there believable?
Overall it's fine, but why the Pods went through the planet surface to the cave, there are no holes ? I may have missed an explanation^^

Quote:
c) Did you find the Thermonic Horta eggs?
I did^^

Quote:
d) did you find a gap in the invisible walls, if so.. where? (please say no)
No, but I didn't make a thorough check.

As a side note, not sure if it was you or someone else (played several missions), but I think you kept calling the Iconians, Iconions. I like the pun (I C Onions), but it's still a spelling error

Last edited by erei1; 02-28-2013 at 04:31 PM.