Starfleet Veteran
# 51
02-28-2013, 07:24 PM
So I guess that silence means that its top-secret hush-hush Section-31 stuffs.

Another layer of ship customisation would add some real diversity on ship builds. I love to tinker with my FTER but I think I've gotten all the boom out of this little ship.

Anyone else?
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Career Officer
# 52
02-28-2013, 07:31 PM
"Eject the core"
"I just did"

Just isn't trek without warp cores!
Starfleet Veteran
# 53
02-28-2013, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Ah... I was wondering where this thread had gotten itself too! I would really like to hear more about this as well. More customization options are always nice, but will warp cores be part of sets? Will some offer unique bonuses or even active powers?

Any devs? Anywhere?
I believe DStahl mentioned in one of his recent interviews that warp cores becoming part of the space sets was their plan.
Republic Veteran
# 54
02-28-2013, 09:44 PM
The type of warp core you have should affect the lighting of your warp grills.
If you believe the sky is the limit, you are aiming too low. We must reach beyond the stars - Ambassador Otungku
Survivor of Romulus
# 55
02-28-2013, 11:06 PM
I Kinda hope Warp cores make it so you can use ships at just about any level. probably limit it to Cstore ships or the vet ships. meaning with these ships you equip a Tier 1 warpcore and it performs like a tier 1 ship with tier 1 stats.

meaning people who bought Cstore ships could use them throughout their career.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Empire Veteran
# 56
02-28-2013, 11:39 PM
tl:dr; all of thread.

From memory, in a Priority One interview Al Rivera described warp cores as this:

- They're a stretch goal that he'd like to get into the game if they've time to do it (along with a single armor slot and current engy armour console get re-purposed to do other things, but the armour thing is a LOT more complicated than the warp drive thing)
- Getting warp cores implemented will be somewhat easy to do
- It'll be another equipment slot like your defelctor, engine, etc have
- They'll likely make parts of a 4 piece set (KHG, MACO etc)
- They'd primarily effect sector space speeds and turn rates
- They'd also effect transwarp drive abilites. Like the fed C-store ship with transwarp computer console thing would turn into a special slottable MKXII purple warp core engine
- They'd have bearing on sub system power level bonuses. Like how some ships now have innate 10+ to weapons and +5 to engines for example, Those power boosts would be instead integrated into the warp core you slot instead.

That's about all I can remember from the interview.
Will be interesting and fun if/when it happens.
Dislike the forum theme? Try THIS. Dislike the STO home page? Try THIS.
Devs, need Fleet Orion Marauder and Dacoit please! :-)

Using - Bulwark, Voth Fighter. Favs - Fleet Corsair, Mogh, Bastion, Nicor, JHEC, JAS
Some others - Orion Marauder, Chel Grett, Guramba, Risian Corvette, Risian Cruiser
Captain
# 57
02-28-2013, 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocp001 View Post
"Eject the core"
"I just did"

Just isn't trek without warp cores!
If we ever get the ability to eject warpcores, the game seriously needs to un-equip them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamiyama317 View Post
I believe DStahl mentioned in one of his recent interviews that warp cores becoming part of the space sets was their plan.
Good, I like this idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan78 View Post
The type of warp core you have should affect the lighting of your warp grills.
Oh heck yes! So far only shields seem to do that. Which is.... odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenkari View Post
I Kinda hope Warp cores make it so you can use ships at just about any level. probably limit it to Cstore ships or the vet ships. meaning with these ships you equip a Tier 1 warpcore and it performs like a tier 1 ship with tier 1 stats.

meaning people who bought Cstore ships could use them throughout their career.
I'm not sure if they would work like this, but that would be really cool!
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 58
02-28-2013, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicator84 View Post

From memory, in a Priority One interview Al Rivera described warp cores as this:

- They're a stretch goal that he'd like to get into the game if they've time to do it (along with a single armor slot and current engy armour console get re-purposed to do other things, but the armour thing is a LOT more complicated than the warp drive thing)
- They'd also effect transwarp drive abilites. Like the fed C-store ship with transwarp computer console thing would turn into a special slottable MKXII purple warp core engine
- They'd have bearing on sub system power level bonuses. Like how some ships now have innate 10+ to weapons and +5 to engines for example, Those power boosts would be instead integrated into the warp core you slot instead.
Yeah, bet players are going to be happy having to go back to grinding another 1000 Omega Reputation for that fourth STF set piece.

But I really hope that it's not just going to be like existing pieces and be nothing but a flat stat boost, I like to see some function with the warp core. Like some ships have a larger bonus (like the Galaxy has a huge warp core), or some ships might start degrading in performance if you push it too hard.

Something like that.
Empire Veteran
# 59
03-01-2013, 12:21 AM
Won't such radical change(s) break many things?
How to really behave in online forums with developers

Career Officer
# 60
03-01-2013, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicator84 View Post

That's about all I can remember from the interview.
Will be interesting and fun if/when it happens.
Thanks, these are the only specific details I've seen to date on the subject.