Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Ensign
When I started playing this game, I was overjoyed to see that the original series Constitution Class was available for $5, and that my character could use it right off the bat. I held off buying it for a bit because I didn't want to spend money on this game until I knew I liked it (love it), and I'm glad I didn't because I leveled up so fast and just picked up the movie era connie.

But I keep thinking about the TOS ship. It's a beaut. Is there any talk about getting a fleet version?

Failing that, how tenable is it at higher tier play? I've read that some bring them to fleet events, but that's frowned upon; one person said the leveling phasers get obsolete by level 45. Is there any way to make use it in the end game?

I'm level 38 right now and have pretty well mapped out my end game ships, so I don't know if I'd bother...but part of me really wants to make it work.
Rihannsu
# 2
02-28-2013, 03:34 PM
I want the Tier2 one for Endgame. Blame This Guy.
Republic Veteran
# 3
02-28-2013, 05:54 PM
People are asking for them every week, and the answer is no and hopefully always will be no.
Captain
# 4
02-28-2013, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobiasosir View Post
But I keep thinking about the TOS ship. It's a beaut. Is there any talk about getting a fleet version?
Cryptic has said that CBS isn't allowing it. As far as I know, asking Cryptic for it is going to continue to be futile. Asking CBS, though...?
Quote:
Failing that, how tenable is it at higher tier play? I've read that some bring them to fleet events, but that's frowned upon; one person said the leveling phasers get obsolete by level 45. Is there any way to make use it in the end game?
With half the weapons of a Science vessel, less than half of the base hull, three consoles, and three Ensign officer slots, it's not only not tenable, it's tantamount to suicide in Admiral level engagements.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
02-28-2013, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Don't do it. If you even dare bring your TOS Connie into a high-tier PUG I will pray that STO spontaneously develops a "friendly fire" feature that I can use on you. If you want to **** around like that do it in your own groups, on your own time.
Captain
# 6
02-28-2013, 08:13 PM
Fleet Exeter! That is the solution!
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
02-28-2013, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
Fleet Exeter! That is the solution!
This. They already have a Fleet Saber and a Fleet Nova/Rhode Island, a retrofit of the vanilla free cruiser is the next logical step.

Plus, the Fleet Exeter looks like a slightly 2409'd version of the Abrams-prise.

The only question at this point is exactly HOW strict CBS is about having a Tier 5 "Constitution". Y'see, the "Constitution" skin for the basic Cruiser looks a lot like the Connie-A, except with a different texture. And as above, the Exeter bears a not-insignificant resemblance to the Abrams-version Constitution. So, does CBS really not want ANYTHING at tier 5 that heavily invokes the TOS version? That's the real concern.
Captain
# 8
02-28-2013, 11:07 PM
Fleet Consitition...I hope it does not happen, because in the twist logic of Cryptic, it would end up as better ship than Galaxy.

However I could imagine a Fleet Exeter, but something more like destroyer, then a Cruiser.
Rihannsu
# 9
02-28-2013, 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unangbangkay View Post
This. They already have a Fleet Saber and a Fleet Nova/Rhode Island, a retrofit of the vanilla free cruiser is the next logical step.

Plus, the Fleet Exeter looks like a slightly 2409'd version of the Abrams-prise.

The only question at this point is exactly HOW strict CBS is about having a Tier 5 "Constitution". Y'see, the "Constitution" skin for the basic Cruiser looks a lot like the Connie-A, except with a different texture. And as above, the Exeter bears a not-insignificant resemblance to the Abrams-version Constitution. So, does CBS really not want ANYTHING at tier 5 that heavily invokes the TOS version? That's the real concern.
Read my ****ing post for your answer. Once John Van Citters stops having that stick up his arse about this issue he can make STO make money off of it.
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
02-28-2013, 11:21 PM
Did you ever get a reply out of Citters?
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91851990000&dateline=  1341951426