Captain
# 21
02-28-2013, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkafei View Post
I will give a DBB build a go, it sounds better than my current dual beam array build I have currently, I might run it with BO2 and CRF2 to get more damage between BOs and will take bits and bobs from the sci layout and mix it with bits and bobs from others to come out with something unique but very nasty, at the moment I'm running a hold build with GW3 and PSW1 to push any escapees back into the grav well.

Though that does look a nice zone denial, I will give it a go if I put it into a group match
Ya I love that ship for that ... you have enough sci to pretty much do anything you need sci wise. I find that ensign sci is nice. It allows me to put in just enough healing and utility.

Ya DBB with 2 singles and 3 turrets could be interesting with Rapid 2 and Overload 2...

Another thing I just though of that might be worth trying (I might try it later to test out the theory)... Beam overload 3 and 2... with 3 DBB front.

You should always be able to preload one... for the double tap. You might need weapon bats slotted.
And one other caazy idea on the 3 beams... if you time it very very right... I think you could preload your target shields 1... and a beam overload... and if you fire it close to the expire time of the first buff, you should be able to double pump the overload still with in a few seconds anyway. I doubt you would get the shield proc often... but if you did it would be funny as heck to make someone go WTF.
Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
Career Officer
# 22
03-01-2013, 02:58 AM
If you want to use DBB's with BO. you have the possibility to equip tractor beam 3. Then the defence is lower, and the BO hits harder (and misses less, so you can use a [crtH]x3 one). With MES you can even do a kind of a alpha bop strike
Captain
# 23
03-01-2013, 03:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudiefix1 View Post
If you want to use DBB's with BO. you have the possibility to equip tractor beam 3. Then the defence is lower, and the BO hits harder (and misses less, so you can use a [crtH]x3 one). With MES you can even do a kind of a alpha bop strike
Do different levels of TB actually make any difference? I thought the relatively trivial Kinetic Damage got boosted.
Devs would like a concise list of things that are broken and not working currently, so here's a short list for PvP: Neutronic Torpedoes, Ionic Turbulence, Surgical Strikes (including Faeht firing through cloak), PartGen stacking and CrtH being boosted to absurd levels.
Captain
# 24
03-01-2013, 05:07 AM
Well at the moment I am running this build

Weapons
Fore 2x Polaron Cannon Mk XI [Acc] [CrtD] [CrtH], Polaron DBB Mk XI [Acc] [CrtD] [CrtH]
Aft: 3x Polaron turret Mk XI [Acc] [CrtH]

Equipment
Full Aegis set

Consoles
Eng: 3x Neutronium Mk XI (Rare)
Sci: Biofunction Monitor Mk XI (Rare, will swap for a field generator when I get the dilithium), Emitter Array Mk XI (Rare), Particle Generator Mk XI (Rare, not sure if it's useful anymore), Sensor probes Mk XI (Rare, will replace with borg when able)
Tac: 3x Polaron phase modulator Mk XI (Rare)

Boffs
LTC Tac: TT1, BO2, CRF2
LT Eng: EPtS1, EPtS2
CMDR Sci: PH1, TBR2, PSW1, GW3
LT Sci: HE1, TSS2
Ens Sci: TB1

Doffs
Sensors Officer (Rare), 2x Deflector Officer (Rare), Tractor Beam Officer (VRare), Gravimetric Scientist (Rare)

Your thoughts?
It's fun? We'll just nerf that.
Career Officer
# 25
03-01-2013, 05:15 AM
For sure the duration is way longer with TrB3. Combined with the shield drain tractor doff, it will make a difference. Also duration can be increased by spending skill points into subspace decompiler. That would also improve PSW3 (if you would be using it). Longer duration = longer -defence = longer (higher) damage by increased hit chance.
According to Stowiki, rank 2 does 50% more kinetic hull damage than rank 1. But of course, the kinetic dmg is way lower than TBR.