Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Commander
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 332
# 11
03-01-2013, 04:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
Even if you want to switch to a primary KDF player, I strongly advise not burning down your Fed. Firstly, you can't use the slot for a new KDF character anyway, it's Fed-fixed. Secondly, Feds have...uses. There are benefits to the possession of a functional Fed character even if you are primarily a KDF player, and vice versa. As you increase your focus towards KDF, you will quickly discover this, and if you've burned down your Fedling, you'll be kicking yourself for it later.
I agree. I'm keeping my fed going with a fully equipped crusier and escort, but this is just going to be for Harvesting dilithium from STF's (which will get transferred to my KDF char via ZEN), and any events which may yield some goodies as well.

As you can imagine, my fed had collected all the space packs, a lot of expensive/rare items as well as other bits and bobs which are better served on my more active char. The things which are bound, i will vendor scrap, and pass the excess cash over to my KDF char.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,440
# 12
03-01-2013, 05:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmako View Post
Getting it for one month does sound worth it. Is there a full list of the stuff you get from a subscription?
this is the stuff you get to keep without restriction when going back to "silver":

- 500 Zen
- respec tokens for every time you rank up while you are subscribed.
- 30 inventory slots*
- 4 Boff slots*
- 2 ship slots*
- 60 bank slots*
- 20-slot account bank

*values for level 50 characters. I don't know if you'll still get those if you have unlocked the maximum number of slots through the c-store already.

restrictions apply for the following:

- temporary EC cap increase.

this will only be increased while you are subscribed. If you go silver and haven't unlocked the EC cap increase through the c-store, you'll go back to the 10 million limit. You will keep and still be able to use ECs you have stored above the cap, but you'll only be able to earn more after dropping back below 10 million again.

- 1 character slot.

similar to the EC cap increase. They'll take it away after you go back to silver, but you get to keep and play the character you created on that slot after the sub runs out. Afterwards, it also counts against any character slots you might purchase from the c-store.
Ensign
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2
# 13
03-01-2013, 05:33 AM
Hello, I'm coming back to STO after some time and I wanted to start this time on KDF side I have some questions.

Does the KDF side have anything interesting to do endgame? PVE wise? I'm mostly thinking ship flying. I have Fed char but never got to max lvl. And I must say I'm switching because of the KDF ships looks, I never got into ST lore.

Appreciate any answers.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 184
# 14
03-01-2013, 06:15 AM
Really? I mean, there is a thread asking why ppl is still playing kdf, I would ask: why, in the name of the holy cat, would u want to make a full transition to a forgotten faction that has been neglected for so long. U really need to read the forums more often.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,755
# 15
03-01-2013, 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wirtdd View Post
Really? I mean, there is a thread asking why ppl is still playing kdf, I would ask: why, in the name of the holy cat, would u want to make a full transition to a forgotten faction that has been neglected for so long. U really need to read the forums more often.
People do what they feel like and what makes them have fun. Why is that concept so strange to understand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrahiel View Post
Hello, I'm coming back to STO after some time and I wanted to start this time on KDF side I have some questions.

Does the KDF side have anything interesting to do endgame? PVE wise? I'm mostly thinking ship flying. I have Fed char but never got to max lvl. And I must say I'm switching because of the KDF ships looks, I never got into ST lore.

Appreciate any answers.
Well, if endgame is what you're talking about - the KDF doesn't actually lack anything at end game. We have less leveling content, less uniform options and less ships (which even so are quite cool I must say), but the KDF has access to the end-game content same as the Fed.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 184
# 16
03-01-2013, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
People do what they feel like and what makes them have fun. Why is that concept so strange to understand?
Well maybe because is too hard for me to understand that all the kdf players, whinning and complaining on every thread they can, are actually having fun doing it.

But u are right, ppl do like to suffer, which explains the question from the other thread.

Thnx.

Last edited by wirtdd; 03-01-2013 at 06:45 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,751
# 17
03-01-2013, 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by torbk View Post
Yes. Have to agree.

I actually don't do the Romulan content because I cannot see how any Klingon in his right state of mind would agree to help the Romulans.

Beyond the main storyline arc given to Klingon players with the house of Martok and fighting off the Fek'lhri there's nothing truly Klingon. Its just the same episodic missions. Helping the Federation take back Deep Space 9 despite being at war with the Federation? Sure! We Klingons do that. Helping a bunch of Reman with honorless weapons against Romulans? Yes! Ok, at least its an excuse to kill Romulans? And now helping our old arch enemy the Romulans rebuild? What has the Empire come to?
Give Cryptics writers a chance it's already almost impossible for them to create real Star Trek like storys for the Federation, creating tuely Klingon storys must be almost impossible for them.

I don't want to troll here, really.
But as i seen them, Cryptic made the klingon faction not quite as i remember it from TV. Especially when it comes to their ships, special weapons (consoles) and culture.
Most people seem to behave more like Jem hadar, trying to kill their targets if they are capable of defending themselves or not. I know Worf said on one occasion any kill is a good kill... but for me that seems like a cheap excuse and it contradics with almost anything Klingon honor stands for....

In my opinion Klingons should celebrate Battle, honor their enemies in someway, which has something to do with fairness. Maybe every Klingon has his own interpretation of Honor.

Sorry for beeing off topic.
Ensign
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2
# 18
03-01-2013, 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
Well, if endgame is what you're talking about - the KDF doesn't actually lack anything at end game. We have less leveling content, less uniform options and less ships (which even so are quite cool I must say), but the KDF has access to the end-game content same as the Fed.
Thank you for answer.
See you in-game then
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,001
# 19
03-01-2013, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraghul2000 View Post
this is the stuff you get to keep without restriction when going back to "silver":

- 500 Zen
- respec tokens for every time you rank up while you are subscribed.
- 30 inventory slots*
- 4 Boff slots*
- 2 ship slots*
- 60 bank slots*
- 20-slot account bank

*values for level 50 characters. I don't know if you'll still get those if you have unlocked the maximum number of slots through the c-store already.

restrictions apply for the following:

- temporary EC cap increase.

this will only be increased while you are subscribed. If you go silver and haven't unlocked the EC cap increase through the c-store, you'll go back to the 10 million limit. You will keep and still be able to use ECs you have stored above the cap, but you'll only be able to earn more after dropping back below 10 million again.

- 1 character slot.

similar to the EC cap increase. They'll take it away after you go back to silver, but you get to keep and play the character you created on that slot after the sub runs out. Afterwards, it also counts against any character slots you might purchase from the c-store.
Thanks for this!

I've been pestering the forums for some of these details a couple of times now, and this is the first time I see such a clear and complete breakdown.

Considering that I'm currently planning for 2 extra ship slots on 2 characters, 2 extra boff slots on 3 or 4 and potentially the account bank, this would thus be interesting for me. Nice.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,755
# 20
03-01-2013, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wirtdd View Post
Well maybe because is too hard for me to understand that all the kdf players, whinning and complaining on every thread they can, are actually having fun doing it.

But u are right, ppl do like to suffer, which explains the question from the other thread.

Thnx.
I think you're mistaking whining with reasonable concerns.
Whining is when the Fed. player that flies a 5 tac. console Fleet Defiant with cloak whines that it needs to be integrated and not a console. Whining is when the same player says that his cloak is worthless unless it is batllecloak.
Whining is when they shout OP for the ships of a faction that hasn't received a Z-Store ship in a year. Whining is when Feds. like to get the ships of a faction that has 50% of the number of ships they have. I won't go any further, I hope you catch my drift...
When a KDF player complains about the inability of the faction to attract players due to locked Klingon gameplay untill lvl 25, that's a reasonable concern.
When a KDF player complains about the KDF not getting the equivalent of the new Fed. set of toys, that's not whining, that's reasonable concern about game & faction balance.

I agree with you that there is much whining from both sides on the forums and even though we have quite some whiners in our rows as well, the majority of the KDF players is expressing reasonable concerns about the future of the faction and the game concept as a whole. We never wanted to take something from the Feds. and add to KDF, we just want equal or at least some kind of treatment as players of STO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yreodred View Post
Give Cryptics writers a chance it's already almost impossible for them to create real Star Trek like storys for the Federation, creating tuely Klingon storys must be almost impossible for them.
Actually, due to the nature of the game and MMOs in general, I believe that it's far easier for them to write Klingon stories and missions then Fed. ones. Klingons thrive on battle and kill this-kill that is the bottomline in STO atm.
I believe that making authentic Fed. missions with the diplomatic & negotiation approach is far more complicated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrahiel View Post
Thank you for answer.
See you in-game then
Sure. Wellcome to the KDF!
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!

Last edited by shpoks; 03-01-2013 at 10:26 AM.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:31 AM.