Career Officer
# 1 Bank vs Account Bank
03-01-2013, 12:22 AM
So the Account Bank sounded like a great idea (yes, I know it came out a while ago), but while it makes moving/sharing gear between two characters easier, it is lacking functionality.

If there's a mission requiring a specific commodity or item, as far as I can tell it does not count if it's in the shared Account Bank. It only is "seen" if it's either in that particular character's main bank or own Inventory. Am I wrong here?
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
03-01-2013, 01:51 AM
that's kind of an intended function. the account bank is for moving things between characters, not as extra commodity/components storage. if you know you need certain commodities on a certain char, move them to that chars bank, dont just leave them in the account bank.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Career Officer
# 3
03-01-2013, 03:26 AM
That's what I've been doing, but it's a hassle. I don't view it as "extra" storage, but if I could put the usual commodities and other items in one central place, it would be a lot more convenient.

The way it is now you have to first be at a location that has the Bank interface, move items from Char1 to Acct Bank, switch to Char2 and make sure he's at a location that has the Bank interface, to then move the items out of the Acct Bank into his Inventory. Rinse, repeat.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
03-01-2013, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfreeman98 View Post
That's what I've been doing, but it's a hassle. I don't view it as "extra" storage, but if I could put the usual commodities and other items in one central place, it would be a lot more convenient.

The way it is now you have to first be at a location that has the Bank interface, move items from Char1 to Acct Bank, switch to Char2 and make sure he's at a location that has the Bank interface, to then move the items out of the Acct Bank into his Inventory. Rinse, repeat.
Or, you could just call up the Azura II, so that the bank comes to you, wherever you are in space.
Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
The Armada
www.thebikinibottomarmada.com
Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
Captain
# 5
03-01-2013, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfreeman98 View Post

For the record, there should be an account bank on every bridge, usually in the ready room, but the "single deck" bridges have a console somewhere that gives account bank access...

Therefore, you don't need to rush to a bank terminal, as long as the item is in character #1's inventory it's a simple matter of bridge visit -> ready room -> account bank terminal -> deposit -> character swap -> visit second bridge's ready room -> withdraw -> use...

My Fed sci has crafted full sets of shipboard weapons that went to my KDF sci, and the entire outfitting process was done on the bridges of my ships (yes, my Fed sci has a Tuffli so he can craft there instead of crafting at memory alpha...)
Well, with the upgrade announcement leaving NX and Connie fans in the dust again, can we restart / revisit the T5 Connie and NX threads - since they will no longer be "truly" endgame ships... (after we get the T5 versions, it'll be time to see them added to the T5U upgrade charts too...
Commander
# 6
03-01-2013, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephdridgeway View Post
Or, you could just call up the Azura II, so that the bank comes to you, wherever you are in space.
Except that has a cooldown, while visiting a ship's bridge to use the account bank doesn't (and the cooldown on the Azura II only ticks down while you're actively playing a character).

The account bank isn't crucial, but it's a nice convenience if you play more than one character regularly.
Career Officer
# 7
03-02-2013, 03:33 AM
I didn't realize I could access the Acct Bank from my Ready Room. Thanks for that!