Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > The Art of Star Trek Online
Login

Closed Thread

Starfleet Veteran
# 31
02-07-2013, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sander233 View Post
So, the "High Forehead Short" hairstyle should be called the "Worf Bouffant?" "Beard - Goatee" becomes "Mirror Spock?"

Sorry, no.
No, not "Mirror Spock." Just call it what it is: "The Beard of Evil"

From the TV Tropes website:

The Mirror Universe of Star Trek more or less gave us the cliche of the Evil Twin with a Beard of Evil, as evil Mr. Spock has a goatee. Ironically, Evil Mr. Spock is far and away the least evil person in the mirror universe.

You give me character creator choices between "Beard - Spock" or "Beard - Evil" and "Beard - Evil" wins every time.

Last edited by boglejam73; 02-07-2013 at 09:15 PM.
Captain
# 32
02-10-2013, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam73 View Post
You give me character creator choices between "Beard - Spock" or "Beard - Evil" and "Beard - Evil" wins every time.
Rightly so.

While I'm not so sure about naming them after the characters, I think we should have more options reminiscent of things from the Tv shows.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 33
02-15-2013, 03:01 PM
Sooooo..... any updates on this subject?
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 34
03-01-2013, 07:48 AM
I wish we could get some more texture options.
"Matte" and "Glossy" look too much like plastic or leather.
I think something like cloth (like TNG movie surface) would be an welcome addition.

I don'tthink that's possible but i would also want to have a bigger color palette, most of the time when you choose the same color on different parts of a uniform they look very different.
An expanded color palette would fill those gaps and give us much more possibilities to create uniforms that look less like plastic/Leather fetish/Biker stuff, lol.

This is really bothering me when trying to make some parts of a uniform in Black. Every cryptic made uniform seems to have a slightly different color palette, especially different shades of grey and Black.

What i also would like to see would be a remade or at least updated TNG (Series) uniform, the one we got looks just washed off and looks like worn 10 years without changed, lol.

-> -> -> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- <- <-

The "TT and/or AtB less builds" - Thread

Last edited by yreodred; 03-01-2013 at 07:52 AM.
Ensign
# 35
03-01-2013, 08:08 AM
Here's the best suggestion I can come up with, in terms of fixing the costume creator:
http://s9.postimage.org/3nzin67bj/colors.png
Captain
# 36
03-01-2013, 09:14 AM
As a colourblind guy, I'd like it if the colour pallette actually told us what colour they are. A1, B5 etc is fine if you are following a guide, but for custom outfits, I have no idea what some of them are wearing colourwise.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
Lt. Commander
# 37
03-01-2013, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
What does that mean?
It seems to be more of Cryptic's "let's ignore what needs fixing and just rework another system in the game? How about adding more to PvP Exploring? Crafting? The Foundry? "Nope, but you will be happy to know we are updating the UI." O_o How much will the UI skin pack cost in the Z Store?

Beers,

Jengoz =/
Empire Veteran
# 38
03-01-2013, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grylak View Post
As a colourblind guy, I'd like it if the colour pallette actually told us what colour they are. A1, B5 etc is fine if you are following a guide, but for custom outfits, I have no idea what some of them are wearing colourwise.
This please. I have this issue all the time.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Captain
# 39
03-01-2013, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grylak View Post
I like that idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jengoz View Post
It seems to be more of Cryptic's "let's ignore what needs fixing and just rework another system in the game? How about adding more to PvP Exploring? Crafting? The Foundry? "Nope, but you will be happy to know we are updating the UI." O_o How much will the UI skin pack cost in the Z Store?

Beers,

Jengoz =/
Posts like this make me really sad.

Lt. Commander
# 40
03-01-2013, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post

Posts like this make me really sad.
Sad? Why? Because you agree that Cryptic is only working on things that they can monetize quickly while they ignore putting any work into things that will improve the longevity of the game? Sad because, while I was once a fanboy of Cryptic and this game, I have become disillusioned and bitter by Cryptic?s continuous over promising and underperforming? Or are you sad because as a product of the US education system, I repeatedly make spelling mistake and have pitiable grammar in my posts?

BTW, if you are still sad, they do make a pill for that.

Beers,

Jengoz =/

Last edited by jengoz; 03-01-2013 at 10:42 AM.
Closed Thread