Captain
# 51
03-01-2013, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbird001 View Post
he is not human either which is somewhat contradictory since all the Captain's of the Enterprise have been human.
I wasn't aware that there was a rule saying all Enterprise captains had to be human.
Please fix the Foundry lag!
Community Moderator
# 52
03-01-2013, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
I wasn't aware that there was a rule saying all Enterprise captains had to be human.
It's canon that Klingons think there's one, though. C.F. "Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country".
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Republic Veteran
# 53
03-01-2013, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
Captain Data might have a thing or two to say about that as well.

Join our cause now!
Career Officer
# 54
03-01-2013, 10:34 AM
Quote:
The "F" should have never been in the game, Cryptic should have just kept the "E" as the Flagship of the Fleet under Captain Data. Shon is a completely forgettable and annoying character and he is not human either which is somewhat contradictory since all the Captain's of the Enterprise have been human.
You want the Enterprise represented in the game to have a human Captain... just like Data? Wait, what?

Quote:
The Odyssey itself is a monstrosity that should have never been allowed into the game. Cryptic just used some random fan design as a way to generate profit and to have it better then the iconic "Star Trek" ships such as the Galaxy Class and Sovereign Class was just insulting.

Like I said, its Star Trek's dirty little mistake and thankfully, if there ever is a series of Star Trek again on the TV... this ship will be completely forgotten about and replaced with a ship that actually follows the design linage of the ships that came before it.

This is why we should never have fanboi's thinking they can design ships.
I honestly like the Odyssey design. It maintains the familiar form factor of the Enterprises past, but adds some art deco influences and continues the longitudinal stretching that we saw with the change from the -D to the -E. Overall, it feels like a good continuation of the line to me, and very much in keeping with both the design rules in the Technical Manuals and the overall feel of both Trek and the Enterprise.
Career Officer
# 55
03-01-2013, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkkindness2 View Post
I honestly like the Odyssey design. It maintains the familiar form factor of the Enterprises past, but adds some art deco influences and continues the longitudinal stretching that we saw with the change from the -D to the -E. Overall, it feels like a good continuation of the line to me, and very much in keeping with both the design rules in the Technical Manuals and the overall feel of both Trek and the Enterprise.

Of course, the bad thing is that the Odyssey version gets its butt handed to it by the Excelsior and Ambassador versions of the Enterprise. The Sovereign would probably give it a run to..XD
Click here to see the true story of the KDF and Cryptic!

"...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl
Lieutenant
# 56
03-01-2013, 11:24 AM
Quote:
The "F" should have never been in the game, Cryptic should have just kept the "E" as the Flagship of the Fleet under Captain Data. Shon is a completely forgettable and annoying character and he is not human either which is somewhat contradictory since all the Captain's of the Enterprise have been human.
Not only did you contradict yourself in your own paragraph, you got just a 'completely illogical' out of Captain Spock.
Career Officer
# 57
03-01-2013, 11:43 AM
Quote:

The Odyssey itself is a monstrosity that should have never been allowed into the game. Cryptic just used some random fan design as a way to generate profit and to have it better then the iconic "Star Trek" ships such as the Galaxy Class and Sovereign Class was just insulting.

Like I said, its Star Trek's dirty little mistake and thankfully, if there ever is a series of Star Trek again on the TV... this ship will be completely forgotten about and replaced with a ship that actually follows the design linage of the ships that came before it.

1) Data is human? I must have missed the TNG episode/film where that change to him happened.

2) Given CBS approved the 1701-F design, has featured it in numerous blogs on Star Trek.com; and allowed canon fiction about the ship in their official 'Star Trek' magazine; ikt remains to be seen what will happen with regard to the STO timeline of events, or the 1701-F should CBS decide to set a Star Trek series in the 'prime universe' again. But gtheir actions to date hardly indicate they are unhappy with the 1701-F's design.

3) I guess you forgot where Mike and Denise Okuda came from (IE they were longtime Star Trek 'fanbois' whose work was brought to the attention of Paramount - and got jobs working on Star Trek projects because of it.)
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Republic Veteran
# 58
03-01-2013, 12:06 PM
Quote:

Sorry but Data is dead, because the comics and everything where him and B4 switch bodies never happened on screen....but if you want Data as being alive then that means the Odyssey class exists you can't have both....Data lives Odyssey exists, data dies no Enterprise F

Data is also not Human, he is an Android, not to be confused with robot since he takes offense to that.
I don't like Shon, but Humans are not always Enterprise Captains.....Spock was Captain of the Enterprise yeah he's half Human, but don't tell him that because he to will take offense.

Last edited by neoakiraii; 03-01-2013 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Trying to be nice