Career Officer
I was just looking at my accolades, and I realized that I have personally killed over 1000 Romulans, and destroyed at least 200 of their ships. Assuming that their average ship has at least 100 people aboard, that means I've killed at a minimum, 21000 Romulans myself.

There are over 2 millions captains in STO right now. Assuming that at least 10% of them have killed as many Romulans as I have, that's 4.2 Billion dead Romulans.

This is all coming about one generation after the destruction of their homeworld. How is this species surviving!?

Vice Admiral Aznia Deet, Federation Ambassador, U.S.S. Federalist
Empire Veteran
# 2
03-01-2013, 10:36 AM
Same for the Cardassians really, how can so many of them be into the whole true way thing when they are still recovering from massive losses in the Dominion war as well as the Dominion devastating Cardassia because of the uprising towards the end of the war.
toDuj 'oS rol.
Captain
# 3
03-01-2013, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azniadeet View Post
There are over 2 millions captains in STO right now.
Incredibly misleading number is misleading.
Career Officer
# 4
03-01-2013, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
Incredibly misleading number is misleading.
It's just a joke.
Vice Admiral Aznia Deet, Federation Ambassador, U.S.S. Federalist
Captain
# 5
03-01-2013, 10:40 AM
in the world of STO we have what is called a Modified Jem'Hadar Hatchery, each Hatchery makes 1000 of any species designated, and with the ability to salvage and reconstruct the ships you kill they are near endless.
Empire Veteran
# 6
03-01-2013, 10:47 AM
I have killed billions of humans. One of my characters I have been playing since release pvp'd for years as well all the regular pve content.
IMHO I have done more damage than a q could have done
Captain
# 7
03-01-2013, 10:48 AM
This game seems to fixate around the chosen one policy for MMOs. Where the number of "chosen ones" are limited in this game as far as story goes. We are handed a starship in the tutorial when we were just ensigns so it falls back to the chosen one status that Kirk had. If this game had a logical progression, then we would be stuck in the same ship and working under the same character for 30 levels before we would be promoted to Captain and finally get a ship of our own. The whole Vice Admiral rank screams Chosen One. Obviously, there can't be more Vice Admirals, then Captains so as far as the game is concerned, there are only a few Vice Admirals not thousands. So while millions of Romulans might be killed, as far as the STO universe is concerned, it is a much smaller number.
Republic Veteran
# 8
03-01-2013, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azniadeet View Post
... How is this species surviving!?
Well, when a mommy Romulan and a Daddy Romulan really love each other...

But seriously, population has to be in the billions. Futhermore, there are several known planets that were Romulan colonies. Genocide would be a near-impossibility on a galactic scale, particularly for a civilization of this size. Don't forget...just because you destroyed the ship it doesn't mean that some of them didn't get away in escape pods - Romulans are sneaky that way!

Join our cause now!
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-01-2013, 10:59 AM
How is any space faring species surviving? Every day I see countless Federation ships getting blown into nothingness with anywhere from 150 to 1000 people on board.

I guess it's because it's a video game.
Career Officer
# 10
03-01-2013, 11:07 AM
The Iconians secretly infused Tribble DNA into the Romulans.