Captain
# 1 Romualns,could It Be?
03-01-2013, 01:00 PM
COULD IT BE? Could the romulans now be playable in may? My hopes are up. Cryptic/PWE, DON'T MESS THIS UP!
Career Officer
# 2
03-01-2013, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admiralq1732 View Post
COULD IT BE? Could the romulans now be playable in may? My hopes are up. Cryptic/PWE, DON'T MESS THIS UP!
Dude, this is Cryptic.......Of course they are going to screw it up.
Career Officer
# 3
03-01-2013, 01:07 PM
Waits for the inevitable "What about Klingons?" rage posts.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-01-2013, 01:08 PM
It will be interesting to see this third playing faction.

The question would be what will happen with the Romulan rep system? Aren't we going to fight each other? (3 way PvP)
Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional.
Career Officer
# 5
03-01-2013, 01:08 PM
I just don't know how they would have time to make a Romulan faction so quickly when they haven't had the resources for even the klingons all this time.

I wonder if it's some type of level 50 unlock to play as a Romulan. Maybe it will be through some type of Romulan reputation unlock that allows you to fly a Rommie ship and be a Rommie character. It just seems highly unlikely they have had time to sport a complete Romulan faction.

Maybe it's just an intro to an Iconian/Sela alliance. Since we've been hearing about Denise Crosby coming into the mix as well.
Captain
# 6
03-01-2013, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admiralq1732 View Post
19 and a half days and we'll see, according to the teaser page with a new image featuring Romulan ship-styled silhouettes...
Captain
# 7
03-01-2013, 01:17 PM
Awesome.

I love a good countdown clock. One of the oldest promo tricks in the book but it never fails to get the point across.

Also, goes without saying, scroll over the May 2013 logo if you haven't... pretty darn sure I see a Warbird in there.

There will be subterfuge a-comin'.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Commander
# 8
03-01-2013, 01:17 PM
Oh. Yes. I can't wait to another bunch of crappy missions.At least it'll mean Romulan PVP.
Oh. Wait...
Lieutenant
# 9
03-01-2013, 01:21 PM
Hope it's a new mission involvin the thoilians as it's too early for a third factions as the klingons arnt a full faction yet with story line
Career Officer
# 10
03-01-2013, 01:28 PM
I'm hoping it's not a new Romulan faction and have Romulan STFs instead. I think many aspects of the game need to be improved first before we add yet another faction, this game in many aspects still feels very beta.

The UI still feels very archaic, especially with the Fleet Interface. I'm not even that overly fond of the Embassy to start with, it doesn't even make sense for a Fleet to have an Embassy with the Romulans. Yes the Federation would have an Embassy, that makes sense, but I think they should have made it into a ground outpost where fleets help the Romulans build up a location to be hospitable for the civilians.

Eventually, maybe after a year of them spending time to revamp and refine this game I would then like to see a Romulan playable race. But for now, I'd rather see a fully refined and in-depth STO game before more is added.

"We're doing it wrong, but it's working...."