Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Empire Veteran
# 11
03-01-2013, 01:12 PM
Anything from CBS can be used (when agreed upon) anything from Paramount can not be used. So that means anything "Trek" after nemesis that has been filmed by Paramount and not CBS will not be in the game. IP and copyright issues as the two studios spit from one another...

(I think, its been a while since I had read up on the whole CBS/Paramount BS).
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
Career Officer
# 12
03-01-2013, 01:15 PM
It's not a matter of CBS wanting to, even if they did. CBS controls the rights to things within the realm of TV, and Paramount things within the realm of films. Since the JJ stuff only exists in the films, CBS can't grant rights for it.
Captain
# 13
03-01-2013, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admiralq1732 View Post
They Are Not!
I don't think you understand what canon means.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-01-2013, 01:17 PM
Quote:
the JJ ones aren't
I think we are far from cannon when Federation are flying Dominion ships
Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional.
Career Officer
# 15
03-01-2013, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Nonononononononononononononononononononononononono nonononononononononononononononononononononononono nonononononononononononononononononononononononono nonononononononononononononononononononononononono nonononononononononononononononononononononononono nonononononononononononononononononononononononono nonononononononononononononononononononononononono nonononononononononononononononononononononononono nonononononononononononononononononononononononono nonononononononononononononononononononononononono nonononononononononononononononononononononononono nonononononononononononononononononononononononono nonononononononononononononononononononononononono nonononononononononononononononononononononononono nonononononononononononononononononononononononono nonononononononononononononononononononononononono nonononononononononononononononononononononononono nonononononononononononononononononononononononono nonononononononononononononononononononononononono nonononononononononononononononononononononononono nonononononononononononononononononononononononono nonononononononononononononononononononononononono nonononononononononononononononononononononononono nonononononononononononononononononononononononono nononononononononononononononononononononono!
^ so very much this.
Lieutenant
# 16
03-01-2013, 01:30 PM
Dont forget we had it in beta n it was OP
Captain
# 17
03-01-2013, 01:31 PM
With all the threads floating around the forums complaining about Cruisers and DPS and beam weapons, I'd have thought a lot more people would be chomping at the bit to fly THIS ship, with DHCs and Rapid Fire and Scatter Volley melting faces left and right.
Captain
# 18
03-01-2013, 01:35 PM
No, for three reasons.

1) It's ugly.

2) It belongs in a different universe.

3) It's ugly.

#1 and 3 are my personal opinion, of course.
Captain
# 19
03-01-2013, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
No, for three reasons.

1) It's ugly.
So's the Fek'hiri Carrier.

Quote:
2) It belongs in a different universe.
So does the Galaxy X.

Quote:
3) It's ugly.
So's the Nomad skin. Actually all of the star cruiser skins are like flying spoons from planet to planet. Completely ugly and annoying to look at.
Captain
# 20
03-01-2013, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
So's the Fek'hiri Carrier.
That one's supposed to be ugly. It's from the underworld, remember?

Quote:
So does the Galaxy X.
Who's to say the same person who designed it in that timeline didn't design it in ours?

Quote:
So's the Nomad skin. Actually all of the star cruiser skins are like flying spoons from planet to planet. Completely ugly and annoying to look at.
I kind of like the Emissary, but to each his own.