Career Officer
# 41
03-01-2013, 01:32 PM
Countdown on FR teaser page shows two days less. But not on the DE page.

Mistake ?
Empire Veteran
# 42
03-01-2013, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blevok View Post
it has to be something more than just a new mission. with how strongly a lot of forum folks feel about a romulan faction, i doubt they would tease with such a romulan looking image if it were anything else. and to be teasing the date when they will start teasing, it's gotta be big.

not that i really care though. i have little interest in romulus if i can't run around the capitol. i likely won't be creating a romulan unless there's a time travel mission that takes me back to the romulan home world.
What if the Iconians have technology that allows them to warp space time and they cut a deal with Sela to bring back Romulus has it was before it was destroyed provided that the Romulans serve them till death.

It would explain how a race that is now and endangered species would be able to make such qotes has " Our Shadows will block out the stars"
Republic Veteran
# 43
03-01-2013, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daskippa View Post
Judging by the hopes and dreams expressed as expectations; me thinks there will be much nerd rage incoming.
I too will feel bad for the Klingons

Career Officer
# 44
03-01-2013, 01:35 PM
I'd like Romulan monster play where you buy to play as a Romulan faction with a minimal storyline, with the main fun being PVP against fleet starbases as an absurdly overpowered Scimitar protected by an attendant Romulan fleet, vs combined Starfleet/KDF defending fleet, because the situation is so dire..

...or something Iconian.
----
Career Officer
# 45
03-01-2013, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talgeeze View Post
Countdown on FR teaser page shows two days less. But not on the DE page.

Mistake ?
Conspiracy!
----
Career Officer
# 46
03-01-2013, 01:40 PM
As I noted in the news thread, this is a few days after PWE's Q4 shareholder report.

So my guess is that Cryptic is under gag until PWE talks to shareholders about the big picture and this accounts for details.

I remember something back in 2012 where Stahl said we'd want to max out embassies or Romulan rep for the May update.

If it IS "monster play" I wonder if the idea isn't that maxing embassy and rep provides an unlock for a level 50 Romulan alt with a brief tutorial.

That would also explain how they address other future factions.

So we max out relations with a faction and then get to make a high end alt of that faction to "join the cause."
Career Officer
# 47
03-01-2013, 01:50 PM
cool a time lord faction
Lt. Commander
# 48
03-01-2013, 01:53 PM
Its a countdown to mass dissapointment and when STO players finally wake up to the fact Cryptic have been stringing them along for months.

Its an April Fools Joke people... Thats all that March Beneath Raptor's Wings was about. You guys are going to be gutted.
Rihannsu
# 49
03-01-2013, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amatsu287 View Post
Has no one actually LOOKED at the screen they posted? I see 2 maybe 3 new Romulan ships in this picture. That tells me its a faction to some extent. To add even 2 new ships to an NPC only faction that already has the needed ships classes, just for a FE is a waste of their time and money.
I was just about to mention there being several new ship models in there...
Career Officer
# 50
03-01-2013, 02:09 PM
New ships will probably be just NPC ships we'll encounter, as well as placeholders as player ships for a Romulan faction later down the road. You know, when Cryptic gets it together.
@HyperLimited