Lt. Commander
# 21
03-01-2013, 03:20 PM
Yup. I do, Cryptic don't know how to be honest so I don't believe or trust anything that they say.
Captain
# 22
03-01-2013, 03:26 PM
Seriously? I may be terrible with math, but I'm fairly certain that 19 does not equal 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkirkfan View Post
Now that I look at it again, March Beneath The Raptors Wings...
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
And also May 2013......

This is way too much for a prank....
Yeah, it's a bit too elaborate isn't it?
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Republic Veteran
# 23
03-01-2013, 03:27 PM
When the Timer comes down to Zero this is what will happen.

Click here for Epic Romulan STO.

But really...yeah the forums lately are getting bad...if I were to start some sort of STO "revolution" that some on the forums are trying to start....I'd hide the Crazy first to be taken serious...just ask other movements.

Career Officer
# 24
03-01-2013, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbird001 View Post
I have just noticed that the "countdown" timer runs out on the 19th of March which is dangerously close to April Fools Day. I think the egg is on your face playerbase, I think its just an April Fools Prank, something has smelt fishy about this "March Beneath the Raptor's wings" since it was announced.

Having information released that close to April just confirmed it in my mind. What do you think?
Umm, yeah, 12 days is REALLY close to April 1st; so yeah, the announcement MUST be bad/a joke.

Tinfoil hat is a little tight methinks.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Empire Veteran
# 25
03-01-2013, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Seriously? I may be terrible with math, but I'm fairly certain that 19 does not equal 1.

Yeah, it's a bit too elaborate isn't it?
Yeah, that plus all April Fools Jokes have been on the actual day, not before or after = they'll reveal something new when the countdown goes to 0, but it won't be a prank.

It's illogical to think otherwise
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Rihannsu
# 26
03-01-2013, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbird001 View Post
I have just noticed that the "countdown" timer runs out on the 19th of March which is dangerously close to April Fools Day. I think the egg is on your face playerbase, I think its just an April Fools Prank, something has smelt fishy about this "March Beneath the Raptor's wings" since it was announced.

Having information released that close to April just confirmed it in my mind. What do you think?
Words can't describe what a terrible "theory" this is.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-01-2013, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walshicus View Post
April Fools jokes are announced and end on 01/04 every year. Nobody *teases* an April Fools joke.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_Bickerstaff
Republic Veteran
# 28
03-01-2013, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxinvictus View Post
Words can't describe what a terrible "theory" this is.
You can try very hard, though! Just reach down, deep within yourself! I believe in you!

But in all seriousness, odds are, this really is the countdown to Cryptic announcing official plans to create a Romulan faction.
It's not gonna be a Romulan lockbox: various devs, including Dan Stahl himself, have said that they aren't going to release any Romulan ships in lockboxes so as to not subtract from their already small ship list for whenever they get to making them as a player faction.
It could be a new Romulan FE or a continuation of the Sela/Iconian storyline... but the odds of it being yet another Romulan-themed FE series are slim.
Considering that we just got a big ol' Romulan-centric sector of space, coupled with hints dropped here and there, I'll bet it really is a Romulan faction announcement.
Even the pic from the teaser site in the photo gallery is titled, "Will You march?". It's asking you, the player, a question. The question being, "Are you guys ready to play as Romulans?"
Formerly GT-01. Runnin' a small lite-RP casual fleet called "The Voyagers"! Message me in-game at either Salen@GT01 or Xavok@GT01 if yer interested.
Here's my neat Idea's Thread.
Ensign
# 29
03-01-2013, 03:50 PM
I wouldn"t say its for April Fool's day but rather something more Roman...

"Beware the Ides of March..."
Commander
# 30
03-01-2013, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Personally I am somewhat convinced that the countdown is really just a coundown to a Romulan Lock-box.
As good a theory as any other.

I'm leaning towards playable Romulan ships rather than a full blown Romulan faction, and I could definitely see them introducing playable Romulan ships via lockbox.