Ensign
just figured I would post this here, considering that I have, since about season 3, wanted a true Federation Carrier. Not an Atrox, not the equivalent of a Flight Deck Cruiser, but something that actually looks like a Federation starship i.e. nacelles/saucer, the whole bit.

Since I used to pray to the STO Gods (and went largely unanswered due to legal reasons), I bring forward this link:

http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Mulciber_class

If this doesn't scream "Carrier!", I dont know what does.

Last edited by alexandus; 03-01-2013 at 04:05 PM.
Captain
# 2
03-01-2013, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandus View Post
just figured I would post this here, considering that I have, since about season 3, wanted a true Federation Carrier. Not an Atrox, not the equivalent of a Flight Deck Cruiser, but something that actually looks like a Federation starship i.e. nacelles/saucer, the whole bit.

Since I used to pray to the STO Gods (and went largely unanswered due to legal reasons), I bring forward this link:

http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Mulciber_class

If this doesn't scream "Carrier!", I dont know what does.
oh for the love of.....We have a FEDERATION carrier, what you want is a STARFLEET CARRIER!!! GET IT RIGHT!!!!!.

on a less angry note, yes it does sound like a carrier. a good one.

but I would think the Jupiter class would take over as a Starfleet carrier.
Captain
# 3
03-01-2013, 06:24 PM
No, no more carriers for the Federation. Not only is the pet spam bad enough in certain situations, but the Federation never NEEDED the things to begin with. Just be happy with your Armitage and Atrox carriers, sheesh.
Republic Veteran
# 4
03-01-2013, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmaster View Post
No, no more carriers for the Federation. Not only is the pet spam bad enough in certain situations, but the Federation never NEEDED the things to begin with. Just be happy with your Armitage and Atrox carriers, sheesh.
If you're seriously finding yourself swamped by small craft in fights, you are a bad starship captain and you should feel bad.
Formerly GT-01. Runnin' a small lite-RP casual fleet called "The Voyagers"! Message me in-game at either Salen@GT01 or Xavok@GT01 if yer interested.
Here's my neat Idea's Thread.
Ensign
# 5
03-02-2013, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Not really sure what to tell you about PvP, since i dont PvP at all...but thats another post altogether. I am talking from a standpoint of the KDF having a true-to-life carrier (2 hangar bays), and Starfleet having 0. Yes the Federation side has the Atrox as a carrier, but its a Caitian Carrier, not a Starfleet one...

I wont really go any further with the argument, because it sounds like your argument is based off of your PvP experience, of which I have none.

I would also like to take this moment to say that I'm an RPer, and my experience comes from an RP/PVE standpoint.
Career Officer
# 6
03-29-2013, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Ok, so let me get this straight; as far as I remember from when I had a Klingon toon, KDF has, what, about five carriers in total? Some of these carriers are capable of launching frigates. The federation has, ignoring refits/retrofits/fleet variants, what, about two, maybe three? They all launch fighters and I think only one of them has more than one hangar bay, even so, you're complaining that feds have too many carriers? Ok I could be wrong about some of that but the point still stands, if KDF don't have more carriers then they at least have the same number and you're complaining about fighter spam?

Also, beam fire at will, cannon scatter volley, vent warp plasma, mines, torpedo full spread and a whole host of other abilities, pick one, never worry about fighters again.
Empire Veteran
# 7
03-29-2013, 03:57 PM
I fully support this ship idea.
The Emperor

Do not presume to have the capability to understand me for you see, I simply am.
Ensign
# 8
03-29-2013, 04:33 PM
The reason why klingons dont want feds to have more carriers is because they want the factions to stay unique. And they also have almost no sci vessels.

And you know what, I agree with them.
Republic Veteran
# 9
03-29-2013, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus304 View Post
oh for the love of.....We have a FEDERATION carrier, what you want is a STARFLEET CARRIER!!! GET IT RIGHT!!!!!.

on a less angry note, yes it does sound like a carrier. a good one.

but I would think the Jupiter class would take over as a Starfleet carrier.
The Jupiter class is ugly as sin! If they are to add a Starfleet Carrier I would hope it would be something new, not some ugly arse flying whale.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-29-2013, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagdpantherxxx View Post
The reason why klingons dont want feds to have more carriers is because they want the factions to stay unique. And they also have almost no sci vessels.

And you know what, I agree with them.
Battle cloak- Klingon
Best damage ships- Klingon
Cruisers that can fit cannons- Klingon
Most carriers- Klingon

Your argument of carriers being Klingon specific is null in void. The battle cloak, the VERY HIGH dmg ships and the cruisers that can fit cannons are the Klingon's unique aspect. Carriers are not.

The ship looks pretty cool. And the manufacturing aspect would fit in with replicating fighters en-mass. I think this is a winner!