Lieutenant
# 11
03-01-2013, 07:19 AM
How do you tell which tetryon weapons proc how often. I'm using all tetryon turrets right now? I can never figure it out? Do they atleast have different tooltip info?

How do you know the one procs more than another?

Nvm. I saw it has 10% instead of 2.5%

Last edited by aftulus; 03-01-2013 at 07:23 AM.
Career Officer
# 12
03-01-2013, 07:30 AM
Just forgeg the ship its so bad its not worth your time trying to get anything out of it
Rihannsu
# 13
03-01-2013, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustafatennick View Post
Flow capacitor rating does not effect subsystem targeting in any way
it should; it's supposed to increase the amount drained from the targeted system
Quote:
[Combat (Self)] Your Kumari Phaser Wing Cannons - Overload deals 128698 (67705) Phaser Damage(Critical) to Borg Bird-of-Prey.
don't mess with the andorians
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
If it walks like an idiot, talks like an idiot, and acts like an idiot, it's a frakking idiot.
Lieutenant
# 14
03-01-2013, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustafatennick View Post
Advanced stalkers are useless in every way their antiproton sweep is laughable

Flow capacitor rating does not effect subsystem targeting in any way
If you think 12 Advanced Stalkers spamming Antiproton Sweep is laughable, you haven't been doing it right. As for flow capacitors effecting subsystem targeting, it does. It increases the drain to subsystem power. For shield subsystems that means decreased regeneration rate. -49 to the power level from Subsystem Targeting 1 (built in to Sci Vessels) is not bad, but level 3 subsystem targeting is noticeable. It does -not- increase the duration of a subsystem disable, that would be Subspace Decompiler, but I didn't say it did. Wrong on 2 counts there.
Captain
# 15
03-01-2013, 10:44 AM
If I'm not mistaken, the Omega torp with the 6 round one-shot-per-second magazine runs into issues in that if it ever gets firing priority it screws things up as it fires one per second and the global cooldown on all torp launchers is one second?

That, and if you're torp-boating it, you'd want 3x purple projectile DOffs to keep your torp(s) at/near global cooldown at all times, which eats up most of your crew protections.

Therefore, my thoughts:

Fore - Rommie Experimental Array, Plasma DBB, Rommie plasma fore, KCB, Omega torp & either a stock plasma array or a plasma turret aft.

Putting the Omega launcher on the tail means that you'll tend to recharge the magazine so that if someone sneaks up on your backside they'll eat a few torps from the magazine then get out of range/arc letting the torps refill completely before the next victim gets on your tail...

Chained EPtS I (2 copies) should keep shield power 100+ with a 50 baseline, freeing power for other areas, you could run 75/50/25/50 at a minimum, yeah, this means no 125 weapons, but you want aux for fighter cooldown and science abilities...

Console wise, I'd recommend a neutronium (16%-ish reduction to all damages) and a couple of RCS consoles, and slip the zero point, assimilated, and maybe the lobi store chroniton consoles in - I have 2x RCS and the chroniton set's lobi console in a science slot on my recluse and it finally turns at a decent clip... The rest are superfluous - subspace jumper might be the only other console I'd slot, but even then, are you gonna have enough forward arc only weapons that necessitates the ability to jump on a guys tail?
Well, with the upgrade announcement leaving NX and Connie fans in the dust again, can we restart / revisit the T5 Connie and NX threads - since they will no longer be "truly" endgame ships... (after we get the T5 versions, it'll be time to see them added to the T5U upgrade charts too...
Lieutenant
# 16
03-01-2013, 12:37 PM
I was curious how subspace jump worked. Does it turn you at their tail or are you still facing the same direction? you were before the jump?
Rihannsu
# 17
03-01-2013, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfang240 View Post
i think i read somewhere that efficient has a stacking limit, so it may not be a good idea to waste so much EC on boffs you may not even get an effect out of...
There is no stacking limit on Efficiency. You can have as many BOs as you'd like, and each adds +7.5 skill bonus to your Starship Warp Core Efficiency. The BO buffs also stack freely with the Efficient Captain trait (+15 to skill). I have a several toons, both Fed and KDF, that have various counts of Eff BOs/Cap, including fully Efficient boats. I have tested this extensively. Stacks fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aftulus View Post
...And I need all the listed Efficiency to get 125 sheilds and get the bonus buff to defence types. If that doesn't work I'll need to rework it. It's like 125.65 or something if I found the information to calculate it correctly...
Efficiency, no matter how many BO/Cap you have with the trait, has no bearing on any power level set above 70. In other words, it won't really help you get 125 Shields, at least not directly...

For exact calculations of power, check out my Ship's Power Calculator, linked in my signature.

As for the Atrox, I don't have one, but have considered getting it for one of my Alts. The research I have performed on it would agree with what most have posted in this thread: It's best as a beam boat, and you're going to want some armor/shield consoles, both due to it's poor turn rate. Also, Scorp Fighters are apparently the best possible for Feds.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Rihannsu
# 18
03-01-2013, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
I have tested this extensively. Stacks fine.
have you tested it recently, though?
Quote:
[Combat (Self)] Your Kumari Phaser Wing Cannons - Overload deals 128698 (67705) Phaser Damage(Critical) to Borg Bird-of-Prey.
Quote:
If it walks like an idiot, talks like an idiot, and acts like an idiot, it's a frakking idiot.
Rihannsu
# 19
03-01-2013, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfang240 View Post
have you tested it recently, though?
About a month ago, when I last updated my Calc for S7/Y3 Anniversary. There's been nothing in the patch notes about any Efficiency trait changes (I just double-checked), nor do I recall any Dev posts relating to it (except, recently someone complained about Efficiency being nerfed in S5 and a Dev replied they'd look into it, but nothing further on that).

What makes you think there were any changes? Have you a link/source for your info?

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Rihannsu
# 20
03-01-2013, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
There's been nothing in the patch notes about any Efficiency trait changes (I just double-checked), nor do I recall any Dev posts relating to it
there aren't always notes; the devs are notorious for slipping in stealth changes, or accidentally changing something they didn't intend to change, but if you've tested it and it works, i believe you

love that power calculator by the way, very handy
Quote:
Quote: