Survivor of Romulus
# 21
03-01-2013, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Ive posted this already, but im going to post it again: It wasn't last minute -- the change was actually on Tribble, but since the update was being done to resolve an exploit, it was purposely withheld from the Tribble patch notes and the Holodeck notes until maintenance was already in progress. I'm sure you can understand the reason why

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
It's been in here since season 4-5 ? ... now.... exploit or not..... it was left for... a long time, surely you must of at some point gone "wait a minute, where be the zen going?

I can understand why you've done it but as with everything all you've done is made a more "legal" grind.
Career Officer
# 22
03-02-2013, 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
It's been in here since season 4-5 ? ... now.... exploit or not..... it was left for... a long time, surely you must of at some point gone "wait a minute, where be the zen going?

I can understand why you've done it but as with everything all you've done is made a more "legal" grind.
You know, that does bring up a good point. They said they were monitoring Dilithium, so how could they overlook such a thing for so long?

And if they are so worried people making easy Fleet Marks through doing a 15 minute PvP Daily, then why they haven't they fixed other Fleet Mark exploits that people been using since Season 6? (Which is far better with the resent boost).

Seems like they rather go after the small time thieves than the mob bosses.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!

New Crafting = It's not Crafting, is an overblown Reputation System.
Career Officer
# 23
03-02-2013, 03:13 AM
I used to do a bit of the Shantysploit, not much i grant you but if i was busy with other stuff it was kinda cool.

Problem is with dilithium getting harder and harder to come by, and Cryptic expecting us to grind dilithium instead of enjoy the game, we'll see new seasons worth of Embassy, Starbase etc being put in and nobody willing to get them.

Some fleets will of course, but for the majority, they will look at the costs involved and go "Nah, dilithium is too hard to come by, we'll stay at T2, or T4 etc."
Captain
# 24
03-02-2013, 03:46 AM
Quote:
Ive posted this already, but im going to post it again: It wasn't last minute -- the change was actually on Tribble, but since the update was being done to resolve an exploit, it was purposely withheld from the Tribble patch notes and the Holodeck notes until maintenance was already in progress. I'm sure you can understand the reason why

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
so it was on tribble but not mentioned, a place where people have no reason to be "exploiting" so no one would have discovered this,

that in my book is the "lack of communication" i was talking about.

you then fail to mention this also in the actual patch notes that were put up the day before, i had looked at them before the patching was done.

communication is key, i appreciate the communication you are giving us but its also the lack of communication that stands out more.

also, take the recent information that was given about some of the ballpark ideas on what to do to pvp...

im astounded that any of that was even being talked about when its been clearly stated on these forums where the issues with space pvp are. those "fixes" mostly had nothing to do with any of the issues, the only close one was the science adjustment but a simple fix for that is to make science abilities have dimishing effects when multiple sources hit a target (to prevent super cpb3 shield builds) and to reduce the resistance gained from the skill tree aone from 50% to 30% and move a few science skill tree blocks around.

boom! instant improvement to pvp.

thats not even taking into account the simple addition of a global cooldown for all p2w consoles....
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
# 25
03-02-2013, 04:41 AM
Quote:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
The marked sentence is what I still don't get. Patch notes are up less than a day from the actual maintenance. What do you think would happen in that last day?

I understand why you wouldn't include this info in Tribble patch notes that can happen a week before the Holodeck update, but even on the Holodeck notes?

I don't think there's that many people reading the patch notes to make such an exploit more largely used if you put the info in there.

Same with the Hangar-->Sell button. This one announcement beforehand wouldn't even make any difference, since it ain't the only 50% "vendor".
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Captain
# 26
03-02-2013, 05:45 AM
Whatever it is, it seems to be working. The price of zen has resumed the last exploit closure plummeting.

I hope they don't do anything else, because either I join my fleet's pvp madness or I just gotta doff-dil grind on my KDF alts (like I've always done).

For all I know, they'd remove Marauding from the game once they complete the KDF under the guise that its not needed anymore, and they make ALL pvp wrappers into dailies.

At that time, I'll have no idea where my dil is coming from, especially when the former is not an exploit no matter how you look at it!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Captain
# 27
03-02-2013, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khayuung View Post
At that time, I'll have no idea where my dil is coming from, especially when the former is not an exploit no matter how you look at it!!
thats a bit dramatic dont you think?

this isnt killing anything a true pvp'r wasnt already doing, ie- actually playing matches to get their dil or doing pve.

quit your whining.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Community Moderator
# 28
03-02-2013, 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post

What of those people who were doing it legitimately, Branflakes?

And like said previously, those "exploiters" only resorted into bigger groups to complete the daily in the same amount of time. The only ones you really hurt aren't just farmers, but people who was legitimately PvPing as small fleets who avoid Public PvP Queues.

Today we tried Cap and Hold with the few of us, it took literally an Hour and a half to complete the daily. And when you got people who can't be on no more than 2 hours, thats just taking the fun out of the game, because you got to work for Dilithium and Fleet marks so your Fleet progresses.

And that is why many small fleets are dead now, because people are tired of the "job" and going to larger Fleets so they don't have to do anymore Fleet Mark grinding and can focus more on stuff they actually want to do.

So you guys really need to rethink these systems. Because it's really getting to people now.
I have to say, I'd have far preferred removing private PVP queues from the daily rather than this move. Seems...odd.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Captain
# 29
03-02-2013, 07:06 AM
Don't know about you guys, but I think the reason why they only now corrected this exploit was because nobody took advantage of it. Up till now, people had an easier time milking the Foundry, rather than cooperating to run private PvP. It was only after the change that they started PvP grinding instead, hence bringing this to Cryptic's notice.
A Gensokyoan Mech-piloting Starship Admiral Rodent.
Take it easy!

Ishmael@scurry5: A Nibbling Sci
*nomnomnibblemunchgnawgnaw*
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-02-2013, 09:10 AM
I did a time check many mounths ago for getting 8k of Dilithium doing Regular daily Missions or doing so called exploit 5 kill count Mackenzie daily repeatable. The time to do it where about equal. Now Mackenzie takes about 1 hour longer at the legal default 15 kill count.