Survivor of Romulus
# 231
02-28-2013, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erei1 View Post
Yes, nice work, I was wondering how you manage to do them^^

Overall it's fine, but why the Pods went through the planet surface to the cave, there are no holes ? I may have missed an explanation^^

I did^^

No, but I didn't make a thorough check.

As a side note, not sure if it was you or someone else (played several missions), but I think you kept calling the Iconians, Iconions. I like the pun (I C Onions), but it's still a spelling error
No, you didn't.. that is something I have overlooked.... and if I am honest.. completely forgot about while building the maps... I suppose crashing through the planet would have caused the odd rock slide.. but the rock peices above the players pathways are so big.. making a "hole" could be hard.. that and I think im near my asset limit.
Career Officer
# 232
03-01-2013, 05:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
"Depths of Nukara Prime"

(im aware of the spelling errors.. promise i'll go through it and fix them when rl stuff happens)

Would like some feedback on the caves...

a) Do you like them?

b) Is the "how" you're there believable?

c) Did you find the Thermonic Horta eggs?

d) did you find a gap in the invisible walls, if so.. where? (please say no)
Thay, I played though this last night. It was a great mission. The caves are awesome! Excellent work on those. Even knowing that the invisible walls were there the caves and cliffs still added a sense of danger to the whole thing. I did get stuck on one of the rocks where it meets an invisible wall, but it was really early (just after the first rescue if I recall). So not really a crack in the walls, but a spot where my character got pinched and couldn't jump out of it.

The how of the story is believable, I didn't even think about the pods crashing through the ground as I was more involved in the story at hand. The background on the ship on all the side consoles was great also.

Yes I found the Horta eggs. They were not hard to discover, and were a neat side trip.

Overall an excellent piece of foundry work and I liked that there was an actual ending to the mission that allowed some further dialog and discovery of the story.

Thus far this is one of my favorites, but I'm still trying to play and review each entry.

-Sorac
Survivor of Romulus
# 233
03-01-2013, 12:17 PM
Thanks people, at the present moment RL stuff is geting in the way.. but I will go through and grab all the errors before march 20th hits.

uhhh... If cryptic would give us some form of Death floor entity then I could remove the invisible walls.... that and the timed creatures back :/
Captain
# 234
03-01-2013, 04:28 PM
Really disappointed that my mission has so few playthroughs.

I've heard from some people that they have tried to play the mission, but it never came up in the Foundry search tab. Also, it seems it's not offering rewards either, although I've had 8 people so far rate the mission.

BranFlakes, could you fix these issues, or pass it along to someone else to fix it? It's giving an unfair advantage to other contestants, simply because of a lack of rewards and exposure.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Retired STO Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
PvP: PvP Boot Camp, the best newbie oriented training initiative in STO!
Starfleet Veteran
# 235
03-01-2013, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 View Post
Really disappointed that my mission has so few playthroughs.

I've heard from some people that they have tried to play the mission, but it never came up in the Foundry search tab. Also, it seems it's not offering rewards either, although I've had 8 people so far rate the mission.

BranFlakes, could you fix these issues, or pass it along to someone else to fix it? It's giving an unfair advantage to other contestants, simply because of a lack of rewards and exposure.
I second that, only 1 rate so far.

Last edited by gammadelta2; 03-01-2013 at 10:58 PM.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 236
03-01-2013, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 View Post
I searched for every mission before I published the voting thread to ensure it was published and could be found. Maybe their character was not at the correct level?

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Starfleet Veteran
# 237
03-01-2013, 05:57 PM
Full disclosure: publishing to change one word to make it gender neutral.

Although the word was not being used to speak about the player, it could be seen that way. This should avoid any misunderstandings
Starfleet Veteran
# 238
03-02-2013, 12:41 AM
Patch notes: Fixed some misspelled words.

Apprently my word processer was not set to automatically detect them. Facepalm moment
Lt. Commander
# 239
03-02-2013, 08:03 AM
Will any podcasts etc be doing any reviews or talks of the foundry challenge number 6 missions?

Just asking/wondering. ^^

Mine, Temporal Investigations has got a good response so far, considering it's my 1st ever mission too. Many thanks guys.
Lt. Commander
# 240
03-02-2013, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by enterprise629 View Post
Will any podcasts etc be doing any reviews or talks of the foundry challenge number 6 missions?

Just asking/wondering. ^^

Mine, Temporal Investigations has got a good response so far, considering it's my 1st ever mission too. Many thanks guys.
hmmm sounds good