Captain
# 1 Something went wrong with STF?
03-02-2013, 01:35 AM
I just did KAGE,.. and we made the objective with 5 minutes spare.. and everything went fast and smooth.. then at the end we got only 25 Omega Marks..

What is going on?

I have never got that low before, even without the objective.

I am confused, .. and not very happy about it.
Captain
# 2
03-02-2013, 01:36 AM
Sounds like you accidentally queued for normal mode. It happens.
Career Officer
# 3
03-02-2013, 01:44 AM
Na, that can't be on Normal, you get more than 25.

I think the OP saw the bonus Marks being rewarded and not the general completion reward.

If not, then I suggest you file a bug report.
Commander
# 4
03-02-2013, 02:15 AM
I've seen some crappy drops recently for Elite as well. Even with a perfect finish and a success on the optional, i see only 60 marks and a shield or something. I've also seen games when we have failed the optional, and we all get loads of goodies. I think its bugged.

Just to query, is there any reason why sometimes you get 1 borg processor and others you get 6?
Captain
# 5
03-02-2013, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmako View Post
I've seen some crappy drops recently for Elite as well. Even with a perfect finish and a success on the optional, i see only 60 marks and a shield or something. I've also seen games when we have failed the optional, and we all get loads of goodies. I think its bugged.

Just to query, is there any reason why sometimes you get 1 borg processor and others you get 6?
Random luck. You can also have 11 of them. It seems to be intended.
Commander
# 6
03-02-2013, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Na, that can't be on Normal, you get more than 25.

I think the OP saw the bonus Marks being rewarded and not the general completion reward.

If not, then I suggest you file a bug report.
I got 25 for doing hive onslaught. I'm pretty sure other normals will reward the same.

Also, typically in elites you will be awarded 15 marks for opt win which are kind of like ninja added without confirmation but will show up in log, then you get 60 marks that pops up as confirmation for finishing.
Captain
# 7
03-02-2013, 08:03 AM
The optional rewards also get handed out instantly. So only in ISE is it combined with the end reward. On other maps where the optional is finished beforehand it'll be awarded sometime during the run and can be easy to miss, especially since that's the exact same time popup dialogs tend to show up alerting you to the next mission phase.
Commander
# 8
03-02-2013, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmako View Post

The marks for the optional are rewarded as soon as the Optional is completed.

For ISE this is when everything is defeated and the mission is completed.

For KASE and CSE this is just before the final boss spawns.

The optional completed marks are given straight to you and you don't need to pick them up.

As for the loads of goodies, you have a guaranteed 60 Marks, 1 BNP and 960 Dilithium.

You also get the chance of

1 very rare (purple) equipment.
1 rare (blue) equipment and an extra 15 marks or an extra 5 BNPs
An extra 30 marks or an extra 10 BNPs
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-02-2013, 08:36 AM
As the others said, your bonus marks for completing the optional is granted to you as soon as the optional is complete. The STF standard mark rewards are in the lootbag at the end.

Space Elite STFs give 60 marks minimal + chance at bonus marks/BNPs + whatever for the optional.

Grounds Elite STFs give 90 marks + chance at bonus marks/BNPs + x amount for optional (I know for fact KAGE gives 22 optional bonus marks, I think CGE and IGE does also).

And yes, ground STFs do give more marks than space STFs.