Ensign
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5
When I lay mines, can I accidentally detonate the mines, hurting my own ship? Do they inflict damage on other friendly ships? I searched and found an older thread suggesting that they used to inflict friendly-fire damage but no longer do. Is that the case?

Thanks in advance.
Career Officer
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,517
# 2
03-01-2013, 02:03 PM
Nope. Its just like grenades in ground combat. In the future we have "smart explosives."

Friendly fire is not possible, apart from the High Yield Plasma Boomerang glitch...

"Look at all the pretty lights!"

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,569
# 3
03-01-2013, 02:16 PM
They used to, but it was very messy around ESD for beginners ship when they self-detonated after the timeout...

Some d*uches thought they were funny by mining the spawnpoint, causing alot of grief for new guys.

Cryptic then removed the freindly damage.

Now the grenades... thats a whole diffrent story... lets just say that Plasma grenades in STF's never turned out well.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,842
# 4
03-02-2013, 11:36 AM
I've heard there's still an issue where if you zone out all pets go hostile to everyone. Includes security teams, mines, and summoned fleet/reputation allies.

But I haven't tested it or experienced it myself.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 191
# 5
03-02-2013, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
They used to, but it was very messy around ESD for beginners ship when they self-detonated after the timeout...

Some d*uches thought they were funny by mining the spawnpoint, causing alot of grief for new guys.

Cryptic then removed the freindly damage.

Now the grenades... thats a whole diffrent story... lets just say that Plasma grenades in STF's never turned out well.


That actually was quite funny watching a ship explode, chaining off a series of warp core breaches.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,569
# 6
03-02-2013, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryeknow View Post
That actually was quite funny watching a ship explode, chaining off a series of warp core breaches.
That seems to be one of those examples of stupid, childish griefing I was referring to
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 229
# 7
03-02-2013, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinruneblade View Post
I've heard there's still an issue where if you zone out all pets go hostile to everyone. Includes security teams, mines, and summoned fleet/reputation allies.

But I haven't tested it or experienced it myself.
Yep, you can still make it happen. Just be rude and be the first to leave the STF , although usually, the STs also 'zone' out when you do.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 191
# 8
03-02-2013, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
That seems to be one of those examples of stupid, childish griefing I was referring to


Blowing up AFK ships in a game with no death penalty what so ever is hardly griefing. It was a practical joke that had its laughs in its day. Some of you girls are wound up way to tight in a video game. Cry for mama to change you cause it seems you've soiled your pampers.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,569
# 9
03-02-2013, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryeknow View Post
Blowing up AFK ships in a game with no death penalty what so ever is hardly griefing. It was a practical joke that had its laughs in its day. Some of you girls are wound up way to tight in a video game. Cry for mama to change you cause it seems you've soiled your pampers.
Keep telling yourself that...

You and people like you took joy in setting traps for people who warped in... You should have been banned then, and still deserve it.

And just to be clear... I warped into plenty of those traps, but never died from them... I simply find it to be childish and stupid, and hiding behind some weak excuse of it being a practical joke, and you believing it, just makes it sad too.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 232
# 10
03-02-2013, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Now the grenades... thats a whole diffrent story... lets just say that Plasma grenades in STF's never turned out well.
Plasma grenades no longer inflict friendly fire (no pun intended) either. Hasn't been that way for some time, though I'm not sure how long ago that changed.
I was someone else here til the forum/account transition lied
and told me that my original name was taken.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:14 AM.