Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Rihannsu
# 41
02-28-2013, 03:31 AM
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=567431

this kind of whining is exactly why i thought making a fuzz about kdf drain while leaving the obvious fleet shields, leadership stacking and other (mostly fed, btw) imbalances unaddressed was a bad move.
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Captain
# 42
02-28-2013, 07:06 AM
To echo Hilbert's request:

Borticus, could we please get some solid numbers on power drain. In previous posts you have made on the issue (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=404791), you mention percentage caps but never give any numbers. It would be nice for us to know those.

Some comments from you on our tests and this thread would also be appreciated. You seemed interested in the original post we made: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...=558831&page=2

Thanks!

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus
Career Officer
# 43
03-02-2013, 10:48 AM
A few days ago I got together with Renimalt on my drain based Kar'fi build and conducted extensive tests on pet drain. Renim has 99 base Power Insulators and would also run the Borg deflector and four power insulator consoles. I forget the exact number his PI went up to but you could always ask in OPVP or he could chime in here.

For my part I am a Tactical captain specced fully into flow caps and run a faux subnuc ability based Kar'fi carrier.

When testing the siphons we discovered since they had been changed they no longer run a conventional drain. This obviously is to prevent the situation we were having where they would catch up to a target, apply drain slowing them, then when the others caught up took it all right down to 0 and left the target dead in space. However in creating the "oscillating" effect where only a certain amount of drones can be on a target at a time, they also broke the targets power systems.

I'll explain:

Renimalt is an Engineer and as such has access to the abilities you'd think would prove useful to resisting drain (Nadeon inversion, EPS etc.) however we discovered those abilities, as well as the value of power insulators, to be completely irrelevant to the drones. To achieve the effect where they switch on and off in their drain, the drones place a hard cap on the target's power systems. Renimalt and I mapped those out to be:

56-42 - 1 wing draining
50-23 - 2 wings draining
42-20 - 3 wings draining
40-15 - 4 wings draining

With four wings the average drain left power systems around the 20 mark with the ocillation effect. However in using EPS to overcome it, he only hit 40. This is not a resistable effect and insulators/abilities proves completely useless against it.

This is based off only one test subject though, I still want to conduct further tests to hash out if those cap values are consistent or not.

Last edited by generalkras; 03-02-2013 at 10:58 AM.