Commander
hello everyone,
I just finished a new foundry mission in which there was a large accident, as well as a lot of battles. I was thinking it would be great if there was an animation option something like "ragged" or "exhausted". you know, hair messed up, uniforms sleeves torn, maybe even occasionally putting 1 hand on his or her neck to express stress. I think this could be very useful. what do you guys think?

If you like Foundry missions, try mine here!
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
03-04-2013, 11:51 AM
Altering a characters hair or clothing is outside the scope of a ground emote and is a very difficult thing for a dev to implement in general. Emotes are almost exclusively for movement. That said there are a number of hurt emotes you may find similar to what you're looking for.

@greendragoon
Community Moderator
# 3
03-04-2013, 12:17 PM
That said, I think "battle-damaged uniforms" would be a cool option to put on an NPC. Even though you can't change the costume dynamically, you could use a map change or other workarounds to put in an NPC with a damaged uniform.

Heck, I'd strongly argue for a "TOS Torn Captain's Tunic" for authenticity
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
03-04-2013, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
That said, I think "battle-damaged uniforms" would be a cool option to put on an NPC. Even though you can't change the costume dynamically, you could use a map change or other workarounds to put in an NPC with a damaged uniform.

Heck, I'd strongly argue for a "TOS Torn Captain's Tunic" for authenticity
Quite true, but they would need to create damaged versions of each and every uniform piece. Easier if you only need one specific uniform to look singed, harder if you need every uniform to look that way.

@greendragoon
Rihannsu
# 5
03-04-2013, 12:53 PM
In Temporal Ambassador, the "dead" NPC used for the Dead Jim accolade has a visual effect applied to make it look badly singed. BUT... this effect seems to be part of the NPC's behavior and not part of the char model. I noticed this when I realized that you can look at an information page for the NPC.
HAIL HYDRA!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Show Archon and Borticus how much you would like to see new Doff races!