Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 11
03-02-2013, 08:29 PM
I enjoyed the story missions that make KDF nerds rage a lot more as a Klingon. First of all there were less of them, thank goodness (that Romulan chain goes on for a hundred million years as a FED). Second of all, virtually every story mission in this game boils down to "go here, kill everything", and is about a thousand times more appropriate as a KDF officer.

If anyone should complain about the story missions, it's probably the FEDs. Mountains and mountains of extra junk, almost none of which feels in any way applicable to the style of play you'd expect.

If people think "more junk, regardless of what we're getting" is what people really want, maybe they need to re-evaluate their thought process.

KDF should have a few more ships. A lot more costumes. And be selectable for level 1 from the beginning. Some more PvE content to even the field. All of that I agree with. Beyond that I find a lot of the hand wringing hard to take seriously.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Ensign
# 12
03-02-2013, 08:30 PM
OP. "Why are -TROLLS- trying to sabotage a KDF expansion"

/thread
Captain
# 13
03-02-2013, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyxinumz View Post
OP. "Why are -TROLLS- trying to sabotage a KDF expansion"

/thread
Well there's also that. I suppose we shouldn't feed it.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Career Officer
# 14
03-03-2013, 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraghul2000 View Post
Why would anyone try to sabotage the other faction?

It'd be like someone shooting themselves in the knee. Pretty much everyone in this game is a KDF and a Fed. Weather they play both factions full-blown or just use one of them as a farm character.

This isn't an mmo where factions are divided and where rivalry between the factions is encouraged. The player base for both faction are exactly the same people.
As we see in other threads there are people who think the KDF exists only to serve their Federation alts.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=572711

In this particular case as a farming tool for dilithium and it should stay that way.
Career Officer
# 15
03-03-2013, 03:54 AM
These Federation players do only care for the wellbeing of their faction. Their interest is not a healthy game and community, but only their own / the Federations' greatness. They can't tolerate any other thing beside their faction and do as much as they can to discredit the KDF and it's playerbase. They dislike as well that precious Dev time could be taken from them, so they come trolling to the Forums to make Cryptic now who "rightfully" deserves their singleminded attention.
Career Officer
# 16
03-03-2013, 04:44 AM
I don't see it myself, if you are referring to people writing on the forum then I shouldn't worry as the forum are a small minority of players, Cryptic know that. Out of this minority there is an even smaller subset of gormless individuals that perhaps like winding up KDF players.

KDF players are always on the back foot, they always feel that they are unfairly treated but quite often fail to understand why Cryptic does not invest as much in their faction as the Federation, it's all about ROI.

Personally I have 1 LG, I play him occasionally. I do not play him more for the following personal reasons in order of importance.

1. I prefer the Federation
2. The Red UI
3. The whole ethos of the Klingon warrior story is not something I can relate to on a personal level.
4. The amount of whining from KDF players in the forums and in places like Kerrat pisses me off. They are the first to gang **** me in kerrat and the first to scream foul when I bring in my fleet and pay them back. Not all but quite a lot of them seem very childish and mardy.

Having said that some of the best players and the nicest people I have met in this game of predominantly KDF players. I learnt most of my PvP skills and builds from KDF players, the helpful ones, not the whinners.

5. The Romulan Faction appeals more to me than the KDF faction, it always did throughout the TV series and the movies. not sure why, I have to think about that.

When I founded SRS I also founded SRS KDF side and it is now a T2 starbase due almost entirely to a handful of very dedicated KDF players, whereas our Fed base is T4 due to a rather larger handful of Fed players and an additional 350 other contributors.

Nobody with any sense wants to see the KDF faction diminished, I personally want to see a lot of changes that would encourage me to try it more, start with changing the headace inducing Red UI for a start!

I am looking forward to this time next year having a fully fledged KDF and Romulan Factions playing alongside the Federation. But the Federation will always be the prime focus of STO, it's what Star Trek is about, why it was created and where most players want to be.

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Captain
# 17
03-03-2013, 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
I don't see it myself, if you are referring to people writing on the forum then I shouldn't worry as the forum are a small minority of players, Cryptic know that. Out of this minority there is an even smaller subset of gormless individuals that perhaps like winding up KDF players.

KDF players are always on the back foot, they always feel that they are unfairly treated but quite often fail to understand why Cryptic does not invest as much in their faction as the Federation, it's all about ROI.

Personally I have 1 LG, I play him occasionally. I do not play him more for the following personal reasons in order of importance.

1. I prefer the Federation
2. The Red UI
3. The whole ethos of the Klingon warrior story is not something I can relate to on a personal level.
4. The amount of whining from KDF players in the forums and in places like Kerrat pisses me off. They are the first to gang **** me in kerrat and the first to scream foul when I bring in my fleet and pay them back. Not all but quite a lot of them seem very childish and mardy.

Having said that some of the best players and the nicest people I have met in this game of predominantly KDF players. I learnt most of my PvP skills and builds from KDF players, the helpful ones, not the whinners.

5. The Romulan Faction appeals more to me than the KDF faction, it always did throughout the TV series and the movies. not sure why, I have to think about that.

When I founded SRS I also founded SRS KDF side and it is now a T2 starbase due almost entirely to a handful of very dedicated KDF players, whereas our Fed base is T4 due to a rather larger handful of Fed players and an additional 350 other contributors.

Nobody with any sense wants to see the KDF faction diminished, I personally want to see a lot of changes that would encourage me to try it more, start with changing the headace inducing Red UI for a start!

I am looking forward to this time next year having a fully fledged KDF and Romulan Factions playing alongside the Federation. But the Federation will always be the prime focus of STO, it's what Star Trek is about, why it was created and where most players want to be.
Regarding Ker'rat: The only time I've seen KDF players complain about Feddies ganging up is when they get a huge cloud of 5-10 players and spawncamp the KDF spawn (and when Feddies spawncamp, they KEEP spawncamping for hours on end until someone cleans 'em out). Otherwise, we just roll with the punches.

Whereas Federation players tend to complain about everything from de-cloak ambushes, spawncamping (happens with much less regularity than the Fed spawncamping), and just generally getting blown up.
Commander
# 18
03-03-2013, 05:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawks3052 View Post
These Federation players do only care for the wellbeing of their faction. Their interest is not a healthy game and community, but only their own / the Federations' greatness. They can't tolerate any other thing beside their faction and do as much as they can to discredit the KDF and it's playerbase. They dislike as well that precious Dev time could be taken from them, so they come trolling to the Forums to make Cryptic now who "rightfully" deserves their singleminded attention.
You know nothing about me, or any other federation player, and that is why we don't care about your problems.

For the record, you can have a healthy game and community with only one faction. Perhaps we should improve the health of the game and community by removing the KDF altogether? If half the KDF players left as opposed to playing as fed instead that is only a 10% loss of customers.

Worth it to stop the continuous whining from the KDF.
Career Officer
# 19
03-03-2013, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerkorhil View Post
You know nothing about me, or any other federation player, and that is why we don't care about your problems.

For the record, you can have a healthy game and community with only one faction. Perhaps we should improve the health of the game and community by removing the KDF altogether? If half the KDF players left as opposed to playing as fed instead that is only a 10% loss of customers.

Worth it to stop the continuous whining from the KDF.
I think he only referred to those Fed players who openly told us on the forums they only use the KDF as a farming tool.
But don't let that get in the way of your post.

Oh, BTW does that mean before someone posts something about the KDF he needs to get to know every Fed player personally, because otherwise what other way is there to know something about the other one, like you just lamented?
Empire Veteran
# 20
03-03-2013, 06:08 AM
That's just what trolls do. A lot of Feds seem to be more worried about losing their dil farm than anything else which would likely happen if the KDF had actual content and stuff to do apart from patrol and exploration missions and a couple of FEs.

That said though never in any of the other MMOs have i seen such a self entitled bunch, I remember when I used to play SWG back before it died and it was generally accepted that sometimes you have to wait while the devs diverted their time to something that needed working on desperately (like PvP or a particular profession that needed updating). Most of the people were fine with it and accepted that the games health depended on it, there was a small minority of people that kicked up a stink but yeah thats always going to happen.It certainly wasn't a huge amount of a entire faction.

Oh and they had like 5 devs including the producer at the time and still managed it so no excuses Cryptic.
toDuj 'oS rol.