Career Officer
# 31
03-02-2013, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Guess what Cryptic, your actions didn't change a thing. Groups of people are still doing this and finishing in a few minutes. You only hurt small fleets of under 3 people who liked to PvP solo, whom now have to work harder, while those Kamekaze groups get their dailies done in a few minutes.
I don't think solo PvP or 1v1 is intended to be a heavily supported feature. Among other things, it's not generally intended to be balanced in most MMOs. Balancing is based around group play and average group compositions.
Starfleet Veteran
# 32
03-02-2013, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th View Post
I have to say, I'd have far preferred removing private PVP queues from the daily rather than this move. Seems...odd.
That would be massively unpopular since people hate the public queues.

I guarantee you, if Cryptic makes the Daily only work with Public Queues, either PvP participation is going to massively drop and private queues dry up signficantly, or the PvP community will see an increase with AFKers. Just like when we had Marks of Honor and Emblem Dailies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
I don't think solo PvP or 1v1 is intended to be a heavily supported feature. Among other things, it's not generally intended to be balanced in most MMOs. Balancing is based around group play and average group compositions.
By that logic, the Fleet Marks on Nukara and Defera should be nerfed as well, since the Easy and Medium Missions are soloable.

Besides, some people actually like to fight 1-on-1s.
Captain
# 33
03-02-2013, 05:50 PM
"Don't take my easy dilithium away!!!, this is so illogical, WHAT DO YOU MEAN WITH PLAY PVP??? ARGH "

-Average PvE fan
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Captain
# 34
03-02-2013, 11:32 PM
Just leave the rewards as they were as a wrapper, with a +20 Fleet Marks and +200 Dil for every kill you get.

TAH-DAH. AFK-ers solved!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
HI HO, HI HO. OFF DUTY SLOT NEEDS TO GO!

"It's better to ask a dumb question, than to remain an idiot forever."
Starfleet Veteran
# 35
03-03-2013, 12:25 AM
Well that would certainly solve the participation issue. Now to make a system so it doesn't hurt people who suck at PvP.
Empire Veteran
# 36
03-03-2013, 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Just leave the rewards as they were as a wrapper, with a +20 Fleet Marks and +200 Dil for every kill you get.

TAH-DAH. AFK-ers solved!
This would be much better.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Survivor of Romulus
# 37
03-03-2013, 06:18 AM
Quote:

TAH-DAH. AFK-ers solved!
aye this.. 20FM / 200 dil per kill...

then.. if you get 10 kills ... you get 30fm/200 dil

20.. 50fm/500 dil

higgest K ratio 100 FM/600 dilithium
Commander
# 38
03-03-2013, 06:33 AM
Quote:

TAH-DAH. AFK-ers solved!
Nooooo, I'm already swimming in fleet marks/unrefined dilithium, I don't need more!

Fanfiction! ZOMG! Read it now!
kate-wintersbite.deviantart.com/art/0x01-Treachery-293641403
Empire Veteran
# 39
03-03-2013, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by radkip View Post
Nooooo, I'm already swimming in fleet marks/unrefined dilithium, I don't need more!
Nah need more dilithium. Apparently we can't reach our caps says Cryptic.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Rihannsu
# 40
03-03-2013, 08:07 AM
I can't believe people are getting SO bent out of shape over this...

ZOMG They made it so you have to do the default to get Rewards for PVP privates... QQ WAAHH! /sarcasm

Seriously?

Personally I thought it was weird that you could get credit for the daily and such for doing things at their minimum.

I saw this change on Tribble when I was doing tests on the changes to the Kumari line of ships and didn't even blink about it. I seriously don't get the outcry..unless it's from the Exploiters. And to them I say:

LOL@Exploiting noobs

Edit: And if you are really more upset they didn't tell you that they were fixing an Exploit... Gee... Why wouldn't they do that? Hmm.. let's think... maybe because they didn't want everyone abusing it right before the fix and throwing things off even more in game?
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku

Last edited by webdeath; 03-03-2013 at 08:09 AM.