Ensign
Hi, I used to play STO pre-S4 (about 2 years ago) and I've started playing again recently. However, one of my characters, a level 34 Science Officer, has been quite badly affected by the S4 changes to level requirements for various missions. For instance, I had just started the Cardassian missions on my char before I temporarily gave STO up and now, the min. level requirement for my next unstarted mission is 41. I really don't want to delete and start the character again (I've already done it with another character who was a commander tac officer) as I've played through the starting fed missions quite a lot since I've restarted STO (started a brand new char and restarted my tac officer) plus my sci officer has the Reman Bridge Officer and a few C-Store items I'd rather not lose. Has anyone got any ideas to help me level through the 7 levels I need to catch up? I know mission replay is an option but the rewards are so low, I'd have to do absolutely tons of the missions to catch up that way. Thanks
Community Moderator
# 2
03-03-2013, 10:50 AM
The Foundry. Fleet actions. PvP dailies. Adventure zone dailies.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Ensign
# 3
03-03-2013, 10:54 AM
OK, thank you was already trying a few of those the foundry is an interesting one and I'll try that out, thank you
Career Officer
# 4
03-03-2013, 10:59 AM
Many of the old-timers in my Fleet will bring up Alts up to Level Cap strictly through doing Doff (Duty Officer) assignments, simply to avoid the expense of re-equipping the character and BOs at every major rank increase...
Career Officer
# 5
03-03-2013, 11:14 AM
Doffing missions will help get your levels , but honestly the fastest way i have found is to run the Mirror Universe Invasion. it occurs 1x a day but its possible to gain 3-5 levels per event especially if you have 500k ec to spend on the "1 hour skill boost" is an uncommon item found on exchange by searching under all. Alternatively uyou can run the Borg red Alerts when they pop up get bonus xp for doing those also. Hope that helps.
Good Hunting
Captain
# 6
03-03-2013, 11:32 AM
Planet Patrol missions are the fastest way to level on the Federation side.
Lieutenant
# 7
03-03-2013, 02:26 PM
Mirrow universe event... If you run enough of them you can get five levels or so during the hour long event. (Shoot everything so you get credit when it dies)
Empire Veteran
# 8
03-03-2013, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerstorm View Post
Planet Patrol missions are the fastest way to level on the Federation side.
I found this to be true. As much as I wish they offered the XP to do it, Foundry missions are a very s l o w way to level.

Join Date: December 2009 - Alliance Central Command - boq botlhra'ghom
Career Officer
# 9
03-03-2013, 03:41 PM
Fastest way is the mirror universe event, 3 hours hit level 50.. the levelling process is a joke in this game
Delirium Tremens
Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
Nothing to do anymore.
http://dtfleet.com/
Visit our Youtube channel
Career Officer
# 10
03-03-2013, 04:44 PM
I remember a time we were told people were flying through the game in a single weekend, which was far too fast.

Then more xp was added per mission, Q appeared to give bonus xp and the mirror universe mission and borg invasion gave massive bonus xps...