Rihannsu
# 61
03-03-2013, 08:55 AM
here's one major bug i've noticed; loading a build made with an earlier version that i converted to the new format works just fine, but when i try to load one made with version 5, i get stuck with a perpetual loading bar...something in those files is not playing nice with your loading code

i have windows 7 with firefox 19.0 if that helps anything
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwecaptainsmirk View Post
*reassuringly strokes your hair*
Hush now, you will be back kicking Neelix and killing those nasty Vaadwaur soon enough... hush child.
*pat pat on your head*
epic smirk is epic
Career Officer
# 62
03-03-2013, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfang240 View Post
here's one major bug i've noticed; loading a build made with an earlier version that i converted to the new format works just fine, but when i try to load one made with version 5, i get stuck with a perpetual loading bar...something in those files is not playing nice with your loading code

i have windows 7 with firefox 19.0 if that helps anything
You're talking about a build that you saved to a file, correct? I'll look into it. I did just make some changes to the planner so I would suggest this. 1) Try loading the new file again. 2) If you still have a problem, covert the old file again and try it.

If you're still having a problem, send me a message through the site's contact page and after I reply you can send me the old and new files. Those should help narrow the problem.
Rihannsu
# 63
03-03-2013, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio87 View Post
If you still have a problem, covert the old file again and try it.
i don't have the old file anymore; i deleted it after running it through the converter

that file also doesn't have any equipment attached to the ship or character, and no powers set; it's just the ship itself and the skill tree, unlike the one i made with version 5 that has all the bells and whistles, which is the one that isn't loading

EDIT: okay, i just filled out the converted file with equipment and powers, saved that to my desktop, then tried to load it back into the planner, and now that one won't load either

so, how do i send the files for you to look over?
Quote:
Hush now, you will be back kicking Neelix and killing those nasty Vaadwaur soon enough... hush child.
*pat pat on your head*
epic smirk is epic

Last edited by shadowfang240; 03-03-2013 at 11:13 AM.
Career Officer
# 64
03-03-2013, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfang240 View Post
i don't have the old file anymore; i deleted it after running it through the converter

that file also doesn't have any equipment attached to the ship or character, and no powers set; it's just the ship itself and the skill tree, unlike the one i made with version 5 that has all the bells and whistles, which is the one that isn't loading

EDIT: okay, i just filled out the converted file with equipment and powers, saved that to my desktop, then tried to load it back into the planner, and now that one won't load either

so, how do i send the files for you to look over?
As I said in my previous post, send me a message through the site's contact page which is here http://www.stoacademy.com/contact.php. When I reply you can attach the files to the email and send it to me that way. I just don't want to post my email on here to avoid spam bots getting it
Lt. Commander
# 65
03-03-2013, 12:54 PM
The new version looks great! Nice work. Ive done some UI and app work myself and I know it can be tedious making everything work as intended.

Theres a few things Ive noticed.
1) The Copy feature only works for weapons. Could we do that for consoles too?
2) Copying weapons sets it to "infinity". Not really a big deal though
3) The Vesta's ensign universal resets every time you load the page. The LtC seems to work though. See here http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...ld=Artemis49_0

4) The Support Retrofit doesnt have a Commander slot.
Career Officer
# 66
03-03-2013, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio87 View Post
Hey everyone, just a quick update for all Internet Explorer users. I made some changes just now that should resolve the issues you were having. If you are still having problems please give me details on the problem and what version of Internet Explorer you are using.

For those who don't know, Internet Explorer is very picky unlike Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and other browsers. That's why issues tend to pop up for Internet Explorer users. Hopefully the changes I just made gets it working for you.
The issues I listed seem to be fixed, thanks!

(I remember when early versions of IE were criticized for not being standards-compliant. Now, I guess it is more standards-compliant than some others, and we see the result. Be careful what you wish for...)
Career Officer
# 67
03-03-2013, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyprodimus View Post
The new version looks great! Nice work. Ive done some UI and app work myself and I know it can be tedious making everything work as intended.

Theres a few things Ive noticed.
1) The Copy feature only works for weapons. Could we do that for consoles too?
2) Copying weapons sets it to "infinity". Not really a big deal though
3) The Vesta's ensign universal resets every time you load the page. The LtC seems to work though. See here http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...ld=Artemis49_0

4) The Support Retrofit doesnt have a Commander slot.
1) I have copying consoles on my list of things to add. I added weapon copying yesterday pretty much for testing purposes before adding it to other areas.

2) I saw the "infinity" bug today and fixed it. Double check it and if you're still having a problem let me know.

I'll look into 3 and 4 as soon as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagunad View Post
The issues I listed seem to be fixed, thanks!

(I remember when early versions of IE were criticized for not being standards-compliant. Now, I guess it is more standards-compliant than some others, and we see the result. Be careful what you wish for...)
Haha IE has always been a problem in one way or another. I'm glad that it seems to be fixed now.

Last edited by attilio87; 03-03-2013 at 03:06 PM.
Career Officer
# 68
03-03-2013, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyprodimus View Post
3) The Vesta's ensign universal resets every time you load the page...
This should be working correctly now. I'm surprised more people haven't come across this bug yet since it could have affected all universal slots.
Career Officer
# 69
03-04-2013, 07:41 PM
I saved a build (to link and local file), but it didn't appear in the list of saved links. So I went to the MySkillPlanner page, clicked Share, and instead of sharing, it deleted the build.

Then I tried to reload the deleted build from the file I had saved a few moments earlier. That locks up the page indefinitely on the "loading" progress bar.

Before making that full build (with all equipment, BOffs, etc), I saved a build with only my skills (to link and file). Attempting to load *that* from the file also locks up the page on the "loading" progress bar.

Attempting to load the skill-only build from a link seems to work.

So I saved a copy of that build to a new file+link with a different name, and *that* build now doesn't appear in the dropdown list. I went to MySkillPlanner, clicked Share on the copy, and it was deleted (again). Attempting to reload it from the file I saved locks up on the progress bar (again). So this seems to be completely reproducible.
Rihannsu
# 70
03-04-2013, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagunad View Post
I saved a build (to link and local file), but it didn't appear in the list of saved links. So I went to the MySkillPlanner page, clicked Share, and instead of sharing, it deleted the build.

Then I tried to reload the deleted build from the file I had saved a few moments earlier. That locks up the page indefinitely on the "loading" progress bar.

Before making that full build (with all equipment, BOffs, etc), I saved a build with only my skills (to link and file). Attempting to load *that* from the file also locks up the page on the "loading" progress bar.

Attempting to load the skill-only build from a link seems to work.

So I saved a copy of that build to a new file+link with a different name, and *that* build now doesn't appear in the dropdown list. I went to MySkillPlanner, clicked Share on the copy, and it was deleted (again). Attempting to reload it from the file I saved locks up on the progress bar (again). So this seems to be completely reproducible.
^^^this

the problem is still there; it didn't get fixed
Quote:
*pat pat on your head*
epic smirk is epic