Allow selecting of categories of Accolades, so you can see more easily which ones you have and have yet to get (ie. to find out how far along for Arucanis Wanderer you are, you don't need to scroll down past 100 other entries of the commendation, damage, exploration, general etc)
Show how many other people are in the queue for PvE scenarios, or how long the expected wait to start will be
Fix it so the login screen shows the name of the ship you're actually in, not the shuttle you have readied but haven't used in months
Bring back ship weapons that have a (Borg) bonus effect! All the different damage types please, not just antiproton
Allow setting of crew uniforms, so when you visit your bridge the random NPCs wear that uniform, not just the BOffs
Scale the fleet starbase special projects to be within reach of smaller fleets. 200k Dilithium might not take fleets with 50+ members to reach, but for fleets with 10 or 20 members it would be easier to build towards 50k Dil
Release 1 new lockbox per year at a regular time, and have re-releases of the old ones in the month beforehand
More STFs against enemies other than the Borg (currently 8 vs Borg, 1 vs Undine - more Undine STFs!)
Players not in fleets and who don't want to play in a fleet still want to get hold of fleet ships - let us pay latinum or dilithium instead of fleet credits for them, and not have to join a fleet just to raid the shipyard and leave again
IF Red ALert is done (i.e. failed or complete) It WILL NOT show up for other players to warp in and comes into an empty fight and have to warp out. I notice that when flying around and suddenly I see "Red Alert" (after zoning in and flying toward something in the middle of the map like DS9) Red alert pop up and I zone in to an empty event.
I would like DoFF mission to display which one I'm currently not "max level" I hate to keep flipping screens
It would be nice to have an option to "pre-load" the next job with commodities. while it is awesome to "queue" your rep, but it doesn't auto complete and the next one doesn't really load up. So why have a "queue up" function?
Update crafting - It should be more "robust" instead of specific item. It would be cool if I can open an UI and choose my basic [damage type] + [Weapon type] + [Weapon Grade] + [Modifier] This will give me what is needed (materials already exist in game) now I can extra damage type (like [Phased] [Polaron]) but it will cost EXTRA Dil or whatever) I can also add upto x3 modifier. so I can choose [DMG] [DMG] [CTH] (extra will cost Dil)
Once I hit assemble, it has a chance to create "very rare" version (lets say 1%) so 80% green 19% blue and 1% purple.
Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional.
1) Allow more Dil to be converted daily.
2) Fix the rate at which worth while drops come from the lock boxes.
3) Grant lifetime subscribers the ability to purchase items that haven't been available since before they started playing. For example if someone just started playing and paid for a lifetime subscription ($300 which isn't cheap) give them someplace that they can purchase such items. Maybe via the lobi store.
1) Fix the Dreadnaught Cruiser, please. Give it a Fleet variation or something to make worth the $2500 zen that it cost. Taking a second look at some of the other pay to play ships would be nice also.
2) Do we really need 5, yes 5 (unless I am missing some) separate currencies? I realize that it grants an extra method to keep the prices higher on some items as they can be regulated easier but hey dont make things too difficult or they become a waste of time.
3) Fix the creation portion of the game. If we are going to have to pay insane amount of Dil to make mediocre items then that takes away from an aspect of the game that some people (more than you might think) will stop using simply because the rewards no longer warrant the cost of using such a system.
1) I would love to see the upgrade to the fleet level ships in the aspect that the player could create ships with whatever they wish. Should it be expensive? Damn straight it should but then it would justify spending upwards of $25 on a single ship just in fleet modules. This system would be a major expansion in itself having to implement a complete breakdown in a logical method how star ships are made. Could it create very powerful ships? Yes it could but lets face it, if a group, the federation for instance, just went completely over the top in ever aspect of ship building what could they accomplish? Well as we can see they can accomplish quite a lot. This would be the same with a complete build your own ship type creation system. Not only would you be able to choose every aspect of the functionality of your ship but also what it looked like. Since the game is essentually a bunch of freelance type ship owners this would be the next logical choice in the evolutionary step in personalizing your ships. Keep in mind from a story perspective this system is already in place.
2) Along with being able to customize your ships, why not the consoles, weapons deflectors, shields and engines? Limit everything to the existing levels that are currently in game and I would probably not allow set creation, at least initially. This would further the personalizing of the ship to the individual. Your would have to go every single prtion of a ship to create it and would take some time to go through all of the various aspects to decide upon while creating it, like the extra features like: Can equip cannons or +5 to all subsystems and things like that. You could even allow something special like give it the ability to count as another type of ship that can use special consoles. Keep in mind this will require large amounts of the various currencies to be spent on such ships and taken out of the game to do so. As a side effect this would allow a more stable economy to take over and less ability to fluctuate wildly.
3) Create a third faction. With what I have said above a freelance faction that plays all the sides would and could be a very realistic faction. With the freelance customization that can be done above allow the access to ships and races from both sides. As with all conflicts there will always be beings that will try to stay neutral from the war and not get into it, at least not by picking a side. Also there has always been beings that have tried to play all sides against one another. This could create a whole slew of new story lines that could be incredibly interesting to play.
Long term: Teams of more than 5 players. And more missions and STFs. Plus more exploring. Maybe variables in the missions (different maps, tactics or whatever for each run).
Mid term: Make sector space unsafe. It feels odd when you're parking your fed ship in front of Qo'nos and can feel perfectly safe. Same for Borg space. More tactics, not like "Kill this first, then kill that first", but I mean tactics required to kill an enemy. A team should be required to either work together or at least give everything to kill a single Borg cube. Remember, in canon, a Cube is enough to destroy most of a Fed fleet (First Contact, Best of Both Worlds). In STO, one ship can destroy a Borg fleet by itself (Red Alert encounter).
Short term: Moar device slots. Moar respec-options. I'm still playing with my first and only toon and have no idea what I picked at character creation or if my choices actually made any sense. And, of course, bugfixing.
Hello STO staff and members on forum I have one suggestion and few ideas for improving STO.
1. My option is that Advanced Escort with Multi Vector Attack Mode (MVAM) is VERY UNDERPOWERED/WEAK in survivability for its price of 25$ and its representation in ST Voyager as one of Federation most advanced ship with (regenerative shields, and ablative armor).
I would like to suggest you few changes which will improve its survivability in battle but with MAINTAIN MOST of its specifications on same level.
A.) Now Advanced Escort with MVAM have place for 3 Tactical Officer (Commander, Lieutenant and Ensign), 1 Engineering and Science officer (Lieutenant & Lt. Commander rank), I would like to suggest next changes
Remove Ensign tactical officer and add one Lt. Commander Engineering Officer and degrade Science officer to Lieutenant.
B.) Add one more Engineering console OR integrate MVAM Console with ship so this will free one Science console slot.(Fleet version of ship will get Console automatically if Advanced Escort with MVAM is bought)
With this two changes Advanced Escort with MVAM will become more versatile and worth to be bought!
2. First my idea is to add Combat helmet as new piece of ground equipment this will be logical because we already have combat armors in STO . It can give bonus to weapons damage+ rare and very rare helmets give small armor/energy resistance bonus (variations).
3. Second my idea is to add more locations for visit on Earth and Sol System.
A.) like Paris (where Federation President have Office), and other Earth iconic cities.
B.) Expand San Francisco with other places like Federation Council and Starfleet Command
C.) Add Mars and Utopia Plantia Fleet Yards Mars Starbase
D.) Add Jupiter Station R&D Facility
4. Add NEW feature to lead space combat from ship bridge good concept is already seen in Star Trek Bridge Commander, it be very cool if you can add something similar into ST Online.
I also on end would suggest you to collect good ideas from players and when you successfully add it into game, give the player who give you idea for that thing an reward (leveled very rare equipment, Dilitrium or ZEN) on this why players will be happy to provide you with good ideas.
Cheers & Qapla
Last edited by vedran0picard; 03-13-2013 at 03:19 PM.
Reason: correction of grammer misstakes
Personally, I'd love some patching done to the new connectivity issues that seem to have risen since the Andorian escort set release. Don't get me wrong, I love the ship, and the fixed wing cannon platforms, but something is off, and I really hate being dropped every five minutes or less. It makes the game unplayable.
Presuming the hype being generated is all about the Tal Shiar becoming a playable faction in May with a season update, I'll watch and shoot, I honestly have nothing for this category.
I would love to see Federation Valkyrie fighters make their way into the game, as a hangar pet primarily. These things look amazing and would probably also make a good vanity shuttlecraft for players to pilot Visual from Memory Beta here.
1) External updated design for Earth Space Dock. I mean to be honest ESD now is a better design from when STO was originally releases, however, honestly the current ESD dates back to the 22nd Century when Kirk was originally made Admiral.
2) Kit slots and use by Bridge Officers
3) More ground combat pets besides Hortas
1) Scaling down of internal starship interiors and bridge designs.
2) Option for Bridge Officers to wear MACO and Omega Uniforms.
3) More TV and movie cast member voiceovers.
1) More customizable ability for internal designs for starships. An alternative design for Engineering, Mess hall, and Sickbay.
2) 3rd weapon slot for melee weapons only.
3) New Banks for Tribbles and pets, so I don't have to worry about Tribbles eating all my food consumables that I save in the bank.
I've read the last 5 pages of this and if anything I've mentioned has been previously stated. I'm sorry. First of all, I do want to give a sincere thanks for the devs on this game. I love it and it is fun to play and I truly enjoy it.
Increase dil daily refining from 8 to 10k for free and 12k for gold members.
Increase ec cap from 10mil to 15.
Allow a way for non fleet players to quickly get to New Romulous without a coil penalty. Also put a ship selector on new Romulous.
Allow diplomats to visit apposing faction's area. Esd for Klingons, Qo'nos for starfleet.
More mission variation. Maybe missions with more dialogue and less combat. Or maybe unlock special missions when you get to a max doff level that correspond to that trait (diplomatic, engineering, etc).
More balance with tac, eng, sci. Not make everything equal, but give each their own pros and cons that gives a unique experience for each and balance missions as such.
Be able to travel or command from the starship interior. And have more functionality and usefulness from the ship interior.
Open up gamma quadrant for exploration.
More playable factions. (I personally would find it interesting to be a changing.
*I'd like to see sorting and filtering on many of the lists, like buying DOffs, reputation projects.
*I'd like to see a cancel personal project button, since I put it in, I should be able to get it back.
*A button or check box for your ship so you can see what the numbers are in combat/sector space without having to beam up and look.
*I would like to see my bank when I am outfitting a ship. It is a real pain pulling stored stuff out every time I want to build a new ship and running back and forth.