Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Captain
# 11
03-04-2013, 02:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twg042370 View Post
But I see a big swing happening once everyone gets their uber stuffs. Maybe it'll middle out somewhere around 150 per Zen
Tell me , do you :

a) believe the majority of the playerbase is in uberfleets who are well on the way to T5 starbase ?

b) think that Cryptic will leave well enough alone , or will continuously add moar uber stuffs to acquire ?

From my observation , Cryptic will not stop adding Dill sinks to the game .
They call that "offering more choices" .
I call it "stringing us along so we don't notice that they are not making real content" .

Either way the result is the same .
Or perhaps not .
Perhaps ... we will come to a point where new players will enter the game , see what they have in store for themesefs (build a Starbase/Embassy/whatever other "holdings" Cryptic comes up with) , and decide that the mountain of grind is too big and turn around and walk away .

And no amount of fiddling with the Tutorial , or tweaking , or adding cutscenes , or "remastering" will change that .
"We're not mad at Angry Birds, and we're not trying to defend the universe from Angry Birds. Although you might want to consider defending yourself from Angry Birds. If you aren't paying for the app, you aren't a customer, you're the product ."

- former CIA, NSA chief Michael Hayden -- your guide to F2P ...

Last edited by aelfwin1; 03-04-2013 at 02:44 AM.